NYC area Stoolies

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoolies,

The dedication I see from these out-of-towners brings a tear to my eye. So in the interests of making their travels easier, what do you guys say to the 12th (Friday) or the 13th (Saturday)?

Bear ;) in mind that on weekend nights you'll see less of me as I have my usual Manhattan club/party scene rounds to make, but this little soiree should help me dodge the F----- paparazzi for a couple hours

Krustinator

I am going to fly in on Thursday the 11th. I can make the mtg. if it is either Thursday or Friday But, NOT Saturday, in that I will be flying home. I am making my reservation now. Please have it on either Thursday or Friday or this trip will have been a waste of time for me. Tanks.

I'm going to try and make arrangements to come. Being that I would probably head in from NJ by train to Penn Station, a mid town location within walking distance of 34th St would be preferable, but not that important. Friday night, the 12th, might be better so I won't have to rush back.

PS I don't drink, if that makes any difference.

It will be great to meet you H.B. Don't worry about the drinking. I don't drink either. I put food coloring in the seltzer.

What is it going to be, the 11th or 12th, and where.

I had a thought that we should go down and START it at St. Maggies caffe @ 120 wall and make fun of all the sheeple brokers first but A mid town location or near 34th is fine. H.B. You can hail a cab, Right?

I'm going to try and make arrangements to come.  Being that I would probably head in from NJ by train to Grand Central, a mid town location within walking distance of 34th St would be preferable, but not that important.  Friday night, the 12th, might be better so I won't have to rush back.

PS I don't drink, if that makes any difference.

Hmmm. Grand Central is around 42nd on the east side. 34th street (west side) is Penn Station which is where the NJ trains go to.

It will be great to meet you H.B. Don't worry about the drinking. I don't drink either. I put food coloring in the seltzer.

I had a thought that we should go down and START it at St. Maggies caffe @ 120 wall and make fun of all the sheeple brokers first but A mid town location or near 34th is fine. H.B. You can hail a cab, Right?

Prefer the 11th. The 12th I have an engagement, but could drop by later.

Prefer the 11th. The 12th I have an engagement, but could drop by later.

Whoops. :o Penn Station/Grand Central. I've commuted to both and slipped up there.

A short taxi ride would be fine.

Just found this thread

Posted on b4 that I would very much like to come. My work schedule is nebulous thus far but I do believe I can make it. If there are any stoolies in the Toronto area, I can take up to 3 on a buddy pass via Air Canada to LGA or Newark and back. Only service charges and airport/security fees. To travel on a pass you must be with me however.

By the way ..Are wives welcome?

Stoolies-

Sounds like the 11th would work best for most people. I'm still thinking about the location. Here's what I think is important, in case this leads to any suggestions:

-- not too crowded

-- decent sized tables, so we can all sit around the same table

-- easy to get to

-- mechanical bull riding machine in back

ok just kidding about that last one. but seriously the basic idea is a relaxed place where we can all sit around one table. i thought that format led to some really good dicussion at the first convention

btw, can anyone remember the name of that place where we did the first one?

Archived