B4 the Bell Frydaddy Oct 8, 2004

Guest yobob1

Gonna get me a woman and an RV.  :lol:  I rented an RV in Alaska once, and that worked out very well.

dude,

screw Alaska, in NV you rent a RV and a babe <_<

gas has been about $2.25/ here in north san diego county - its getting to where i start to notice the price - i gotta buy it anyway, no matter what the price is?

screw Alaska, in NV you rent a RV and a babe <_<

:lol: ... Or, if you want, you can just visit the RV with the hookies inside. :(

SLC is not making squat on gasoline. A new low last week, not even a nickel. I think it's gonna change soon, in about 2 or 3 weeks, for sure.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriot-

I am tired of your crap. I am deleting and monitoring your posts, which have descended to the level of absolute idiocy. If you have nothing intelligent to say, then that's it. You get to say nothing.

...Wish we used the canadian system.

ya takes yr piece of paper (ballot), ya put an X in the box for your guy, hand it in. People sit around tables, count votes, add the totals. Takes a few days. Couldn't we do that here? But Nooooooooooo. Has to be done by expensive gadgets, out of sight... Voting absentee this year. I will never vote on a compuker, especially one with Bill's OS. :angry:

I forgot.

N. Ron asked me how to pronounce the name of my cactus. So for all you Stoolies who want to go to Tucson for your winter vacation where you can see thousands of these magnificent cactus, it is pronounced suh-WAR-oh. Doesn't look at all like it sounds does it? As you can see, it is a Spanish name.

He also asked me how I can stand the heat here. Well, two things. First it is very dry here, so all sweat instantly evaporates cooling you. When I was in Sacramento the temperature was 86 degrees and about 40% humidity and I was hot and had to turn on the cars air conditioner because I was getting soggy. I never need to use the cars air conditioner here even when its 115 degrees out. I just have my drivers side window down, and away we go. People are doing hard work outside even when it's 120 degrees. I do go thru a lot of water, though, and when I work on the trails I go thru a gallon and a half of water in about four hours. I quit when the temperature reaches about ninety degrees, or my water runs out, whichever comes first. I can remember my military basic training in San Antonio Texas in July and August where when the temperature reached 80 degrees and the humidity reached 80%, all physical activity stopped - no marching or physical training, and still the troops were dropping like flys. Humidity makes a big difference.

Second, our year is backward here. We stay inside as much as posible during the hot weather, and are out all winter in perfect weather. Just the opposite from up north, and that is why all the "snowbirds" winter here. They get the best of both seasons.

Btw, I was very lucky and had perfect weather on my trip. Made for a great vacation.

Tommorow's edition of the NY Times:

Among Black Voters, a Fervor to Make Their Ballots Count

Like Mrs. Marshall, many African-Americans are speaking about the fundamental act of voting this year with rekindled fervor, throwing a high-wattage backlight behind the issues and personalities of the campaign. The disqualified ballots, excluded voters and contentious ending of the 2000 election - when black precincts in Florida had votes rejected at three times the rate of white precincts - have formed a galvanizing memory. "We feel betrayed," said Rod Owens, 22, a student at Florida A&M University in Tallahassee. "We're looking for revenge."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/11/politics...artner=homepage

The commercials have been all over the place lately. Last week they covered quite a bit of their short position.( by adding to longs)

TE - in jan and feb the comercials were not short if I read

that chart correctly.

They should have been. do you concur?

The commercials will think alot longer term then us. Also, keep in mind that this year has shown very little in the way of % deecline or gain. I am looking for them to get shorter as we rally (if there is going to be a rally) ( over weeks and weeks).The fact that they are net short by a small amount of contracts tells us little.

Just something to add to the Canadian system-yup paper ballots with an "X" in pencil. If a recount is needed one is done within 24 hours if either candidate then objects to the recount all ballot boxes are sealed, He posts a bond and a Judicial recount is conducted by an appointed Judge and their team and the Judicial recount is final.

Question?-all through this GOOD weekend debate there has been talk about the "Black Vote" and the "Hispanic Vote" My Neighbours two to the East are Canadians born in Ghana, the Guy on the corner and his wife are Canadians born in Iran. Our favorite vegetable Merchant is Chinese born Canadian we don't tend to think of them as voting Blocs-why do you?? ;)

Butterfield8,

i made no such ,mention. It's a shame you pick up a response

i made to a answer to somebody direct question to me as

controlling your uterus.

Depends, Yes eveyone who fights in wars chance being

killed or being killed. Ill tell you this though, if people

didn't fight for freedom there wouldn't be anu thanks to people

that are blaantly evil, and you sir wouldn't be posting freely

tonight if it wasn't for the patriots who foufgt for freedom.

now back to the Beforethebell.

Doc, now i do understand how freedoms are lost.

You have just shown me how.

Best Day

Best Trading

(the shape and textures of chairs is ok though, i guess)

Bud, I read Tom Wolfe's book, "From Bauhaus to your house" and was really intrigued at the economic and social dimension of this architecture, that you also mentioned in your last post. Wolfe made architecture exciting in his book. Whodda thunkit?

Bauhaus wasn't Aryan enough for old Adolph? Nazi killer AND fuss budget. Can't please some people. Actually am not surprised--the Nazi era art was hilarious, exceedingly sentimental and vain glorious. All that was missing was the black velvet.

One thing I've noticed about architects, and it's kind of strange. Almost without exception, they are a pain in the a**, as human beings. Weird. Lord, I hope your not an architect. If you are I have to include,--present company excluded.

Jorma, Goodyear is the real radial party. :grin:

Bud, I read Tom Wolfe's book, "From Bauhaus to your house" and was really intrigued at the economic and social dimension of this architecture, that you also mentioned in your last post. Wolfe made architecture exciting in his book. Whodda thunkit?

Bauhaus wasn't Aryan enough for old Adolph? Nazi killer AND fuss budget. Can't please some people. Actually am not surprised--the Nazi era art was hilarious, exceedingly sentimental and vain glorious. All that was missing was the black velvet.

One thing I've noticed about architects, and it's kind of strange. Almost without exception, they are a pain in the a**, as human beings. Weird. Lord, I hope your not an architect. If you are I have to include,--present company excluded.

Jorma, Goodyear is the real radial party. :grin:

Thread, actually I am an architect. But I do not take offense to your over-generalization of my kind. In fact, I would probably agree with you and might have resembled the remark at some point in my earlier days.

Fortunately, I have given up the more pretentious and egomanaical part of the profession and currently work for an engineering firm. They're all a bunch of pocket protecter nerds, but there's no posturing, no artistic differences, no "feast or famine" workloads, and the pay is better. ;)

Liebeskind vs. SOM- The battle for the Freedom Tower design

Guest Icky Twerp

I wish I had something intelligent to say about architecture to add to the discussion, but I know too well that architecture is one of those occupations about which everyone has an opinion whether or not they are qualified, meaning aware of the technicalities, fundamentals, and esoterica. . .

I was amused by the large office parks in Madison Wisconsin, all done in Frank Lloyd Wright style, for proximity reasons. As soon as I set foot here in Scottsdale, then, I was going "WTF is up with all these FLW buildings?"

It is amazing to find out the gaps in one's knowledge: Taliesen West is here in Scottsdale, near my new domicile... but I believe that the FLW houses in AZ are rather plain in comparison with some of the other houses FLW built in other states -- apparently, it already seemed impossible enough to live out here even without avant garde architecture.... :lol:

Archived