B4 the Bell Frydaddy Oct 8, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meanwhile the ten years have become incredible irresistable bargains again.  Yields off .10 to 4.15.

A number of people were caught short. There was a report circulating warning of major upward revisions in the jobs numbers.

of course, trap shorts so the low rates can continue for another day. That's about all it's got left. :ph34r:

Isn't this a little silly? I am a goldbug since time immemorial but on a jobs report?

If we were financial 'journalists' or borkers and had to concoct a plausible funnymental explanation, we could say that the pitifully weak McJobs numbers mean "Easy Money Forever" (i.e. negative real rates and falling dollar).

Maybe I'll write a book ... When Currencies Die ... :lol:

Not much for Bush to crow about tonight.  High oil prices, no jobs improvement, and wage growth below the rate of inflation.

Maybe he won't show up.

"I'm sorry I can't attend the debate tonight. My dog ate my notes"

"I'm sorry I can't attend the debate tonight. We're invading Iran"

"I'm sorry I can't attend the debate tonight. I watching reruns of my carrier landing."

"I'm sorry I can't attend the debate tonight. Air Force One has a dead battery."

"I'm sorry I can't attend the debate tonight. Dick says Im too sick to go."

"I'm sorry I can't attend the debate tonight. The twins are in jail again."

Or, more frighteningly

Ring... Ring... Ring...

GWB: "Hello? Porter?"

PG: "Don't use my real name."

GWB: "Riiight, Gorter Poss, my bad. This is Dubya. [whispers] That's code for George W. Bush. ;) ... Operation Blow Shit Up is a go. I repeat - Blow Shit Up is a go."

PG: "Affirmative. The fuse is lit."

GWB: "10-4 good buddy! Heh heh, I always wanted to say dat."

Porter: "Idiot."

Click.

Good Morning Crew- Well the wheels came off the Stagecoach driven by ChainKnee and played by Gabby Hayes and shrub went over the cliff (played by Mickey Rooney)...Window at the Bell for 50 minutes, think Moon beams...if we break 1126 start to drool, break 1115 we are home free...until those 2 numbers are broken Bully still lives..but I doubt they hold-Helmets on, Buckle up! ;)

Paul Krugman in the N.Y. Times cites an Administration in denial.

"From a political point of view, such exercises in denial have been very successful. For example, the Bush administration has managed to convince many people that its tax cuts, which go primarily to the wealthiest few percent of the population, are populist measures benefiting middle-class families and small businesses. (Under the administration's definition, anyone with "business income" - a group that includes Dick Cheney and George Bush - is a struggling small-business owner.)

The administration has also managed to convince at least some people that its economic record, which includes the worst employment performance in 70 years, is a great success, and that the economy is "strong and getting stronger." (The data to be released today, which are expected to improve the numbers a bit, won't change the basic picture of a dismal four years.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/08/opinion/08krugman.html

I would say that much of America is in denial about the country's status and has been since the great bull market ended. In that respect the current president accurately reflects the mood of his constituency. It is only the gifted, or cursed, few that see what is transpiring.

Is Bush?s cabinet and campaign staff working against him in order to assure his defeat?

Early this week, we had Rummy and Breamer making candid statements about Iraq. Cheney asserted during debate that he had ?never? suggested that Iraq had connections with AQ. Now Bush?s own labor dept releases this job number after several white house and campaign staffers openly suggested that an upward revision of jobs is in the cards.

Rats jumping the sinking ship?

How long we have to wait for Condi Rice?s mea culpa?

How much longer to see Papa Bush disown his son?

Isn't this a little silly? I am a goldbug since time immemorial but on a jobs report?

If we were financial 'journalists' or borkers and had to concoct a plausible funnymental explanation, we could say that the pitifully weak McJobs numbers mean "Easy Money Forever" (i.e. negative real rates and falling dollar).

a documentary perhaps?

a documentary perhaps?

It needs to be a drama, PB.

Who will play the femme fatale role?? :lol:

Paul Krugman in the N.Y. Times cites an Administration in denial.

"From a political point of view, such exercises in denial have been very successful. For example, the Bush administration has managed to convince many people that its tax cuts, which go primarily to the wealthiest few percent of the population, are populist measures benefiting middle-class families and small businesses. (Under the administration's definition, anyone with "business income" - a group that includes Dick Cheney and George Bush - is a struggling small-business owner.)

The administration has also managed to convince at least some people that its economic record, which includes the worst employment performance in 70 years, is a great success, and that the economy is "strong and getting stronger." (The data to be released today, which are expected to improve the numbers a bit, won't change the basic picture of a dismal four years.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/08/opinion/08krugman.html

I would say that much of America is in denial about the country's status and has been since the great bull market ended. In that respect the current president accurately reflects the mood of his constituency. It is only the gifted, or cursed, few that see what is transpiring.

i was surprised, my taxes went up this year - my CPA said you had to make "next to nothing" to get a reduction.

the country is definitely in denial - maybe its a generational thingy?

They pushed ticks over 900 and could not get it positive. :D

Archived