B4 The Bell Thursday September 30

Hiding Bear

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Reilly the human Chain Saw is beating his chest as the once Americans now Canadians who wanted to thank Canada for giving them sanctuary by erecting a statue in Nelson, B.C. have now backed off saying it was not their intention to create an International incident. Sad man really sad- O'Reilly is an Ass-hole! ;)

Appears that only C-Span is showing Jim Lehrer dumbing down the audience

with rules that are quite controlling. Maybe they should have a sound proof

barrier to hide the audience. Would fit all the other new barriers in this world.

Appears that only C-Span is showing Jim Lehrer dumbing down the audience

with rules that are quite controlling.  Maybe they should have a sound proof

barrier to hide the audience.  Would fit all the other new barriers in this world.

I was gonna say that but I couldn't spell 'Lehrer'.

The audience is now hypnotized.

O'Reilly the human Chain Saw is beating his chest as the once Americans now Canadians who wanted to thank Canada for giving them sanctuary by erecting a statue in Nelson, B.C. have now backed off saying it was not their intention to create an International incident. Sad man really sad- O'Reilly is an Ass-hole! ;)

Every descenting opinion is now interpreted by these pricks as a direct attack on the soldiers on the front line. The only acceptable position is gung-ho war mongering. The right wing has become evil. This is truly frightening.

I hope to watch the "debate" on C-SPAN so I don't give viewer points to any of

those other crazy channels and so I dont hear their interruptions/views.

Just a suggestion.

Unless you have a Nielsen box on top of your TV, they won't know what you are watching. No points given.

Whew! Thanks, Twig, that had me worried :P

Yahoo now has PE for Potash now up to 1018. Is this a bad number?

To get the story behind summary data, go straight to the company's 10-K:

In 2003, PotashCorp had a net loss of $2.42 per share which includes writedowns and charges relating to Yumbes, Geismar and Memphis. Net income, adjusted to exclude impairment charges and shutdown-related costs, was $76.9* million or $1.46* per share, despite another sub-par year for our industry and the challenges of sharp increases in costs. The true value of that performance is disguised by the rise of the Canadian dollar, which cost our company approximately $0.94 per share, although about two-thirds is a non-cash foreign exchange loss.

The good news is that the beginning of a turnaround late in 2003 is a signal that we are approaching the end of this long down cycle.

As potash consumption grows, we are in position to be the biggest beneficiary. We have been patient over the years, while operators in Russia and Belarus increased their exports as they adjusted to a free-market system at home. Now, they are operating at or near capacity and their only route to increased profits is higher prices. That will help our entire industry.

With the rest of the potash industry operating at more than 90?percent of capacity, PotashCorp is in a good position to begin to use our excess capacity to capture new demand growth. With increased volumes, which lower our cost per tonne, and better prices, the future for potash is very bright. Our immediate goal is to recover the margin losses created by rising ocean freight rates and the strengthening Canadian dollar. Early in 2004, we announced price increases in both North American and offshore markets. In addition, we will see the benefit from the sale of Yumbes, which eroded gross margin by approximately $23?million in 2003.

Potash Corp. 10K

The 1018 P/E is probably correct, reflecting a move toward quarterly profit after a losing year.

During such a transition from loss to profit in a cyclical industry, P/E ratio is not meaningful. Instead you can use price-to-sales, price-to-book, or price-to-prior peak earnings as a guideline.

hey B$4,

cant you call your guys at ECA and POT and suggest they hedge currencies? must be taking lessons form the CFO at BGO!

After hearing all the rules I can only

hope that a free-for-all breaks out big time

and the cops use mace!  :P

What a freaking sideshow.

I vote for total chaos.

If I was in that audience, I would be equipped with a couple of chocolate cream pies.

One for each prick. (the candidates I mean, not saying I have two :lol: )

Archived