B4 The Bell Thursday September 30

Hiding Bear

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OOPsie

8:16am [MRK] MERCK WITHDRAWS VIOXX WORLDWIDE

8:20am [MRK] Merck shares off 9% in pre-market trading on Instinet

Believe MRK is causing some gravity to be exerted on the ol' DOWager.

Wonder if the 2,919 OCT 42.50 Putz (MRK VV) purchased yestiddy will be sold today? ;)

It's only 30% of the open interest, after all.

Though it looks like a breakout, I still maintain the initial claims are rangebound. For now. Just look at the moving average. It has gone nowhere all year.

UI Weekly Claims

In the week ending Sept. 25, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 369,000, an increase of 18,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 351,000. The 4-week moving average was 343,500, an increase of 2,250 from the previous week's revised average of 341,250.

post-20-1096547716_thumb.gif

Dec. SilBAAHHHHHHHHHHHH -- $6.79 +.095

;)

Even with a 50 cent gain on my silver contract, I am not considering selling - since it appears we are making a new downward move on the dollar.

I heard Soros say last night that the dollar was going nowhere - my interpretation of this is that he means the dollar is going somewhere fast.

Bill Gross advice brings out skeptics

anal cysts: Gross' actions, not words, move market

. . .

Gross deserves recognition for having a good track record as well as the power to sway the market, anal cysts said. But they add his comments should be taken with a grain of salt, given his self-interest.

"Why people don't understand he might be speaking his book befuddles me," said Kim Rupert, an anal cyst with Action Economics.

"He's not a disinterested anal cyst, he's a trader," said Maryann Hurley, an anal cyst at D.A. Davidson.

"He controls a lot of money, so he can push the market around if and when he feels like it," said Rupert.

"Gross has an impact on the market, but more importantly than what he says is what his funds do," offered Hurley.

"I view him more as a contrary indicator... it really wouldn't behoove him to indicate what his positions are per se," Rupert said. "I suspect he already took his profits and could be looking to buy some back."

"I'm just skeptical about anything he says, just because he talks position, whether it is correct or not," said Hurley.

==================

On the other hand, we should believe without question those analcysts who upgrade stocks trading at stratospheric PEs. :angry:

TZOO places 750k shares @$40

Shares closed yesterday around $58

at least they know they're lucky to get that.

Forget who posted the article about the Perendev Magnetic Motor a while back, but I thought it was interesting and have been looking for the promised news conference. I haven't seen it, but they said it would be in Sep:

Perendev Magnetic Motor to Debut on German TV

so I guess we'll be needing the black stuff for a while longer...

I could go into commodities, but in deference to peace and tranquility I won't other than to say, somwthing wicked this way comes.

Aw, c'mon yobob.

Don't hold back on our newer members --

the CRB is going to break out to a 23-year high today.

Wicked, dude ... :lol: ;) :P

Yeah, Hats Off to all the deflationists......................

Lance Lewis, Richard Russell, a few on this board......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived