B4 the Bell Humpday, Sept. 22, 2004

Guest yobob1

I see the futures are getting a little push.

Maybe they will give us some rallies to short.

Rant on.

Brian, you may recall a few months ago I

was going on about the battles to come.

Well, they are happening now, and I haven't

seen anything on tv today yet.

The troops are getting war weary by now.

Remember, the army cut back on patrols

so the enemy owns the night and can move

a lot of troops quickly. I suppose the US is using

sensors to detect movement, but the enemy will

be able to defeat those with random small unit

movements. The sensors are likely going off a lot

and artillery is working overtime to strike movement ares.

Maybe they will kill a cow that way.

So trying to sleep in base camp with artillery noise

adds to the tiredness. Some of the guys know (or think they do)

that they will die. I know I thought that a lot. They are

getting very cautious and defensive - less likely to take

the attack when it's time to. Also, the lieutenants are smart

fellows, and many of them are getting really careful now,

after all - it's not their home, not their family. Not their careerer.

They are just want to come home to the US (or Mexico).

So the draft is going to be necessary to bring in fresh meat

on a steady basis - especially since three bases will be

maintained and defended.

Next I expect well hear about the rocket attacks. As US

troops become more base camp oriented they become

valid targets for rockets from miles away. Dau Tieng was

rocketed on numerous occasions. When it was the officers

get all disjointed and can't lead as they are hiding in their

bunkers and try to use phones to get a defense up. Sometimes

the grunts are drunk or sleepy when this happens and they

get fouled up trying to man the burm. It's a joke. People

get hurt in the mix ups too. A C-130 will fly over with flares.

On the burm some guys will shoot at shadows.

Sometimes mortars come in during the mess. Usually there

is no attack, but you have to man the burm anyway.

The point is that I went and was totally freaked out on

a number of occasions and I must confess, that I was

not an aggressive combatant if I could avoid a firefight.

But I was in about 30 firefights and lived. But I know that

at times I was a coward. But not as much as Bush. Now

there is a coward. But he likes to kill birds. I won't do that.

Birds cant shoot back, and theres chicken in the fridge.

If our country were really attacked, and not that phony

baloney sham called 911, I would kill any attacker I could

even to take the battle to them. No problem. But these

high govt asshole cowards think they can tell our youth

that dieing for oil in a desert is noble.

Waiting for the rocket attacks next.

So I guess we will see a draft.

Rant off.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll casually watch the U.P. railyard while I'm working and I'm telling you,  it's not slowing down at all.  Just this week I saw load coming thru with 8 monster engines in front of it. I swear the end of it was somewhere in Cali. It had to be at least  4 or 5 miles long. What was the cargo,.. mile after mile of mostly empty car hoppers. Today, was the exact samething. Today was no different, like everyday has been for the last year and half. It's not as intense as it was a year ago, but is far from slowing.

OMG, RockLedge. Are they emptying the Plains to feed the urban masses of Kali?

"Soylent Green is PEOPLE!" :o

Yup Depends I know where you are coming from-the Global report tonite verifies what you say. I have not seen a firefight that intense in a lot of years, the thunk of Mortars, the sky alive with tracers, the Gunships coming in on the deck firing rockets and the cannonade of Tank fire-that footage was of a full scale, intense engagement involving (my Guess) hundreds on both sides. The Chopper that was hit was arced and marked well showing a sophistication that street rabble don't have. And as previously said the Canadian Correspondents said it was the worst night and most intense in Baghdad ever. Yet in your media, nada, zilch. I just cannot believe they can keep this bottled up-if they can we are all in trouble.

pretty funny,

aug 27 north korea says they're gonna off a nuke on sept 9th in the mountains

sept 8 new york times article u.s. state dept. warns north korea is gonna off a nuke.

sept 9 mushroom cloud 2.5 mi wide, seismos go wild, major crater north korea

sept 10 powell goes round the world saying no nuke

sept 13 north korea says no nukes

sept 15 "inspectors" taken to different spot, say no nuke here

sept 19 Jiang Zemin steps down as Chinese leader - Hu takes his place

sept 20 Hu's first official act - fire new cruise missle in test toward Taiwan

uss stennis - south china sea

uss nimitz - west pacific (sea of japan)

uss vinson - west pacific (east china sea)

and what's on the news - king george and john f kerry and dan rather lying their asses off

GOT GOLD?

I pride myself on staying abreast of those things but I didn't know N Korea announced in advance that 9 Sept was show time.

They had Condoleezza Rice announce that it was US fedgov's opinion that it was a "forest fire." If you fire something off in a forest I guess that counts as a forest fire.

"Got gold?"

Got geiger counter?

Well whadya know MSNBC.com is now carrying "Fierce fighting in Baghdad" pretty much dovetails with Global cepting in their version the chopper was hit and made it home, Uh, Uh not from what I saw but otherwise it is accurate. Nothing from Cnn or Reuters must have been $2.- bucks @ pitcher night at the Slagdad Hilton. ;)

Robert Novak, said to have good contacts in the administration and the Republican Party, had a piece in the Chicago Sun Times that said that W and Company have decided that USA is pulling out of Iraq in '05. I hope it's true but I suspect that somebody is pulling somebody's leg.

I'll casually watch the U.P. railyard while I'm working and I'm telling you,? it's not slowing down at all.? Just this week I saw load coming thru with 8 monster engines in front of it. I swear the end of it was somewhere in Cali. It had to be at least? 4 or 5 miles long. What was the cargo,.. mile after mile of mostly empty car hoppers. Today, was the exact samething. Today was no different, like everyday has been for the last year and half. It's not as intense as it was a year ago, but is far from slowing.

OMG, RockLedge. Are they emptying the Plains to feed the urban masses of Kali?

"Soylent Green is PEOPLE!" :o

bringing in new homebuyers. :P

Caught a little of Condi Rice on Fox explaining that for every bad thing that happens in Iraq, something good also happens, it just that the bad guys do things that TV will cover. Like well, blowing up things.

If Shrub wins, I wonder how many miliseconds it will take before many on his staff jump ship to avoid having to deal with the mess they created in Iraq?

Larry Diamond - Senior Adviser to the Coalition Provisional Authority in Baghdad thinks we screwed up.

Long piece - but the repubs are setting the stage for a graceful

retreat. Unfortunately they will try to extricate with no

penalty to themselves. We need a war crimes trial in my opine.

What Went Wrong in Iraq

Larry Diamond

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20040901faes...ng-in-iraq.html

It's Iran More Than Iraq

Two years from now, during either a Kerry or Bush presidency, Iran will probably be much more of a security issue for the United States than Iraq.

Yet the campaigns of the two presidential candidates remain focused on Iraq, even though their approaches for stabilizing Iraq are far less different from their solutions for preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

On Tuesday, Iran announced it would go full steam ahead and make the precursor materials that could be used to produce atomic bombs. Its Muslim leaders defied a warning on Saturday from the 35-nation board of the International Atomic Energy Agency that they not enrich nearly 40 tons of raw uranium into weapons-grade uranium.

The converted uranium could be used for either peaceful nuclear power or for bombs. Under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran has a right to produce such material. But the IAEA says Iran won't need such fuel for 10 years. And it found out last year that Iran broke its treaty obligations by secretly running an enrichment program and clandestinely buying nuclear technology and know-how.

IAEA inspectors were purposely fooled - and could be fooled again.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0923/p08s02-comv.html

DJ S Korea: N Korea Missile Activities Appear To Be Routine

SEOUL (AP)--South Korea said Thursday that it cannot rule out the possibility of a North Korean missile launch, but said recent missile-related "activities" in North Korea appear to be part of annual, routine operations.

The comments by Rhee Bong-jo, South Korea's deputy unification minister, followed a Japanese media report that Japanese and U.S. intelligence indicate North Korea may be preparing to launch a short-range Nodong missile.

Dow Jones Newswires

Statement of OFHEO Director Armando Falcon, Jr. Regarding Fannie Mae Accounting Review

?OFHEO has met with the Board of Directors of Fannie Mae and presented them with the findings to date of our accounting review.

?Now that the Board has had an opportunity to review these findings, I am today releasing the report to the public. We are working with the Board to resolve the issues raised in the examination.?

NOTE:

The full document (Report of Findings to Date Special Examination of Fannie Mae) is available electronically at: http://www.ofheo.gov/media/pdf/FNMfindingstodate17sept04.pdf

http://www.ofheo.gov/News.asp?FormMode=Release&ID=185

Archived