Who Goes There?

Guest bullseatshitndie

10:32 Greenspan says economy regaining some traction

10:31 Greenspan says consumer spending has rebounded

10:31 Earnings Watch: Updates, advisories and surprises

10:31 Greenspan says outlook for oil prices remains uncertain

10:31 Greenspan says inflation expectations have eased

10:32AM Greenspan says economy regaining some traction by Greg Robb

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- The U.S. economy has regained its footing after slipping into a soft patch in June, Fed chief Alan Greenspan said. "The most recent data suggest that, on the whole, the expansion has regained some traction," Greenspan said in prepared remarks to the House Budget Committee. Greenspan said consumer spending rebounded in July and job growth picked up in August. The Fed chief had soothing words on inflation, saying that inflation expectations have eased and non-oil import price increases "have lessened," helping to lower core consumer price inflation. Greenspan said economists disagree about the impact of rising oil prices on the economy. He said the outlook for oil prices "remains uncertain" due to a wide range of factors, including potential heavy demand from the rapidly growing economies of China and India.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having just suffered through a completely unnecessary upgrade to Windows SP2, and seeing that Chain-Knee has warned of dire consequences if people should vote for the other side, it just occured to me that the power elite - in busness and government seems to have come to the following realization. You can plead with people to buy your stuff(hard work with iffy payoff), or you can frighten them into buying your stuff. Obviously, it is much more fun and less taxing to frighten people into buying your stuff.

P.S. - When was the last time my life was disrupted by a computer virus - about a year ago , and it cost me about an hour of headaches to recover.

When was the last time my life was disrupted by "terrorist" activities - never.

How much money, freedom, peace, self-worth etc. should I be willing to pay to the "Protection racqueteers" to save me from the above horrors? About 2 bucks.

That's worth shouting from the rooftops.

The positive comments from the Fed chairman on the economic outlook match the expectation of Fed watchers. They said that upbeat comments on the economic outlook would cement expectations of a third consecutive quarter-point rate hike when the FOMC meeting on Sept. 21.

"Three steps and a stumble."

Bring it on, you doddering old charlatan.

BS: I clearly understand why the broads are green, the fed is monetizing assets. WHat I do not understand is WTF gold aint 100 bucks higher. These statist pricks think they can have it all. Freaking actions have consequences!

calm down Soup, or you will suffer a heart attack pretty soon. Really now. That isnt worth it.

Guest bullseatshitndie
euro with 40 pips upmove after greenie began to speak, now comming down a bit.

been watching euro closely here for it's impact on gold.

it's do or die

post-3-1094654585.png

10:31 Greenspan says outlook for oil prices remains uncertain

The only thing the jerk cant CONTROL

All other claims can be substantiated through bogus government lies and rot

The futures in oil is bigger then you Sir Alan and he knows it.

What a rotten legacy this creature has left behind...

Crude up .24 well off the low

Got OIL calls?

BS: I clearly understand why the broads are green, the fed is monetizing assets. WHat I do not understand is WTF gold aint 100 bucks higher. These statist pricks think they can have it all. Freaking actions have consequences!

With regards to gold...you can only hold the beachball below water for so long before it goes WHOOSH. Remember, Chinese housewives are your friend. Fundamentals are one thing and the stock market is another, but when they get insync it's a site to behold. Unfortunately, patience is required.

Guest bullseatshitndie
What a rotten legacy this creature has left behind...

he'll be dead before the public is aware of how evil he is. so when the revolt comes, he won't be publicly hanged

Archived