B4 The Bell Tuezelday September 7

Machinehead, Well that explains it! Just the other day I saw a hamster scurrying by with a little Vote Kerry sticker wrapped around his tail. :)

Is he pathetic, or what? Can you imagine after all Bush's blunders, they've got Kerry on the defensive? Unfreakingreal. The Dems are useless. They're trying to avoid insulting Bush, for God knows what reason. My husband said, they don't understand that the Bush's play on the electorate's fear and they have to out-fear them. Like run an add showing Bush pushing a button and a mushroom cloud that blows up the world. And if Rove baby doesn't like it? Tough Who cares? They're either intentionally trying to lose, they have something on Kerry, or Kerry is being genuinely honest about the Iraq war and plan more of the same.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday, after riding the boundaries of the machinehead compound on the ATV, we went to dinner and I spelled out the awful truth: Bush will beat Kerry by 57%-43%, give or take a point or two.

My First post.

I agree with MachineHead and other posters who have alerted about this scenario. Both Mr. Kerry and Mr. Edwards are sitting senators and there was no criticism of them holding on to their senatorial positions while running for higher office (unlike the criticism Joe Lieberman had to endure when he was running for VP).

My question is what the payoff is for Mr. Kerry in this? (Assuming he truly knows what his role is in this election)

Do they have an audit on the amount of taxpayer money spent on the campaign?

I would certainly do a traveling road show for two months for a few million dollars.

BTW, I am simply amazed by the talent available in this website. The insight I receive from here is invaluable. Thanks everyone.

San Diego on the verge of bankruptcy. Playing fast and loose with the city's pension funds:

"....the city's inability to produce a credible financial statement made it impossible to know just how severe the crisis was. He said that a corporation that behaved like the City of San Diego would be delisted from the stock exchanges. He suggested that the best solution might be reorganization under Chapter 9 of the federal bankruptcy law to allow the city to rescind pension benefits."

"...Securities and Exchange Commission and the United States attorney's office in San Diego opened investigations this year into possible fraud in the city's financial statements and potential political corruption"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/07/national/07diego.html

Machinehead, Well that explains it! Just the other day I saw a hamster scurrying by with a little Vote Kerry sticker wrapped around his tail. :)

Is he pathetic, or what? Can you imagine after all Bush's blunders, they've got Kerry on the defensive? Unfreakingreal. The Dems are useless. They're trying to avoid insulting Bush, for God knows what reason. My husband said, they don't understand that the Bush's play on the electorate's fear and they have to out-fear them. Like run an add showing Bush pushing a button and a mushroom cloud that blows up the world. And if Rove baby doesn't like it? Tough Who cares? They're either intentionally trying to lose, they have something on Kerry, or Kerry is being genuinely honest about the Iraq war and plan more of the same.

Just a push to get Hillary elected in 2008. They don't want the White House now.

DJ Ford To End 2nd Shift At Hazelwood SUV Plant -Official

ST. LOUIS (AP)--Ford Motor Co. (F) will end the second of its two production shifts at its suburban St. Louis assembly plant effective Jan. 3, eliminating up to 1,000 jobs, a St. Louis-area official said Tuesday.

The Hazelwood plant employs more than 2,600 workers and makes three sport utility vehicles - the Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

In 2002, Ford announced plans to close the Hazelwood plant by the middle of the decade, citing declining sales of SUVs. The company reversed its decision in September 2003 after a strong lobbying effort led by Gov. Bob Holden and St. Louis area officials, including members of a task force Holden empaneled in hopes of saving the plant.

Dow Jones Newswires

A Bush re-election is the end of the Republican party for a generation. Or its the absolute end of the republic and no further elections will be forthcoming. The former is the more likely. More wars and economic disaster will ruin the republicans--no one will care to make the distinction between conservative and neo-con. The Reps will simply be known for forty years as murderous warmongers who wrecked the economy and were responsible for the worst depression and financial disaster ever recorded. Go Shrub.

Re: uranium

Another way to play the uranium situation is by owning USEC, the only uranium enrichment company in the U.S. It used to belong to the government but went public at $14 a few years back. Now selling at $8.6 and not flying with the miners. Has dividend of 6.3%.

As always, caveat emptor.

More wars and economic disaster will ruin the republicans.

If they are willing during Bush's second term to run up the federal debt from its current 70% of GDP, to the 170% level of Japan, then conceivably economic disaster could be staved off for 4 more years -- just long enough to dump it on the incoming Democratic president in 2009.

I'm neither advocating nor predicting this outcome ... just saying (to quote Bob Dylan), "Yes, I think it could be very easily done."

A Bush re-election is the end of the Republican party for a generation. Or its the absolute end of the republic and no further elections will be forthcoming. The former is the more likely. More wars and economic disaster will ruin the republicans--no one will care to make the distinction between conservative and neo-con. The Reps will simply be known for forty years as murderous warmongers who wrecked the economy and were responsible for the worst depression and financial disaster ever recorded. Go Shrub.

These role reversals between parties is totally outrageous....there is zilch,zero

domestic policy except increasing taxes or cutting expenses or both. :grin:

Archived