B4 the Bell, Weeeek End Thread

Guest yobob1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn Machinehead, Exactly what my brother thinks and has thought for about a year. I swear, he called me up and said, "Just saw the guy interviewed. He's completely hollow, a stooge, he'll throw it. Hillary's numbers are strong. They want her in in 2008." I told him he'd really gone off the deep end this time. But hell, when Kerry said that about voting for war even if there were no proof of wmds, I got that sinking feeling.

You can't be too cynical when it comes to politics, especially at this level. But do you think Kerry is personally and consciously throwing the election, or do you think he's listening to people who wish to accomplish this objective and following their advice? My husband who voted for Nadar in 2000, was going to vote for Kerry in November, but has decided now he might just sit it out. How many more "swing" voters have been alienated in this fashion? I just got an email from someone who 2 years ago was all excited about Kerry as a potential Bush rival, he's now almost completely alienated from the democratic party and I don't know if he'll vote.

I'm begginning to recognize a social political pattern that reminds me of what mediaeval Catholicism underwent ---the phnomenon called Mariolatry,the celebration,the adoration and finally the worship of the Geneatrix Deus(sp?) Holy Mother of God ,Mary

You have no idea how the middle ages literally swooned over her virtues and the rhapsodising by the Theological intelligentsia leading the the entire continent--and I think the reason for this collective adoration was that times were so bad that baring one's soul to the Thunderous titanism of "Jove" excecept for JChr**t was too much to bear,as was bearing one's soul to JC himself so as a last resort man and womankind began to prostrate themselves enmasse before someone they thought would give them a chance that would respond to their appeals for mercy:the "Compassionate One":Mary

If you substitute Femininism for mariolatry and Hillary C,for Mary respectively you'll understand what I'm driving at---

Now please don't throw rotten tomatos at my coconut in disapproval before you thn-ikabadit---as I said before if ,god forbid .Frankenstein,wins the Presidency, then I can envision desertion of the troops in the field and at that point we enter the phase of political life called Ceasarism,i.e. a military fidelity to a Man and not to the country---at which point St Joan(Mary in drag) Hillary enters stage left

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: You got it all figured out doncha BD???

======No,I'm jewish,so First, I need the combination to the safe

Did I mention that I have a house for sale in Palm Beach County, Florida?  :lol:

Dok

Me likum dealum keemo sabee ;me takum takum dealum--me gib you wampum you gib me deed of trust

beardrech--- :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: BD Why must you always resort to idiomatic Amerindian whenever you discuss Real estate???It never works

====Maybe someday like Manhatten----

Associated Press

Will September Be Good for Stocks?

Saturday September 4, 10:05 pm ET

By Meg Richards, AP Business Writer 

September Historically Worst Month for Stocks, but This Year Might Be Different, anal cysts Say

NEW YORK (AP) -- Wall Street professionals know to keep their expectations in check in September, historically the worst month of the year for stocks. As summertime draws to a close, money managers are getting back to business, cleaning house, and often sending the market lower in the process.

September has opened strong eight of the last nine years, but it's ended with a knock-out punch for stocks for the last five, partly because institutional traders are making end-of-the quarter portfolio changes. But some anal cysts, noting the market's unusual sell-off this July, question whether the pattern will hold true this year.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040904/wall_main_2.html

Stoolies,unbelievable,if you think my post on mariolatry above is a sign of senility,which by th eway none of you,thanx,has not ,but just in case,I'm halfway through reading Roach wherin he interprets Schwarzenneggers girlie men's analysis of the current economy --vs Macho man's economy --and I swear to you this was not in my mind when posting--at least consciously

berdrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Ai vant to tellyou as Gahvenah of aMERRRRIKA aIM STRRAHNG ENAWF TO AHPHOLD DIE WHOLE KONSTEEDUSHIN BAH MAISELV---IV YOU VANTOBEE A GORLEE MAN-- GOVON-- VEE KAN DOO IT VIDOUT YOU--BUDIV U VAND DO BEE A MACHO MAN (WHO FRANLY HAS CONTEMPT FOR TECH ANALYSIS}---DEN VEE KANDOO BIZNEZ--VEE HAV FAITH IN (ROACH) FAITH ANALYTICS

In the linked image, my home is located roughly at the last "e" in Belle Glade. The southern eye wall is now about 15 miles north of my home as of 12:30 AM ET, and it has barely moved in the last hour. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p37cr/si.kamx.shtml

The winds are coming from the west hitting the front of my house at the moment. The pounding began from the north early Saturday afternoon. I imagine I have lost most of the trees on my property. I can only imagine what is going on with my cement roof tiles. The longer the storm sits, the greater the likelihood I will suffer some wind and/or flood damage. As near as I can tell from the weather service forecast, the pounding will go on for another 12 hours or more.

I guess I waited too long to put the house up for sale. :unsure:

Fingers crossed. Hoping for the best. Praying for the safety and well being of the man and his family who boarded up my home and asked to stay for the duration of the storm. I agreed. His name is Angel. Angel is a 52 year old accounting professor from Ecuador, who has worked as a handyman in the US since immigrating here 7 years ago.

Good luck Angel! My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and sons. You have done so much to help my 82 year old mother around her home, and now you are taking care of my home as well. You are aptly named.

"War is mostly a form of organized theft. Peoples go to war to rob the other side of land, resources and freedom. The killing and cruelty is an unfortunate side effect."

All wars are about money, and thus immoral.

I believe in God--it's name is Fluffy. It's primary form is that of a giant, soft throw pillow shaped like a lion. Secondary form--a gelatinous, warm plasma the temperature and consistency of mucus that inhabits an above ground swimming pool and vibrates to the high-end frequencies broadcast by fruit bats searching for mosquitoes. All hail Fluffy.

What an amazing week ....I new something was up last Sunday when our Prime Minister "finally"called an election after months of speculation,I felt depressed almost from the moment he made the announcement,I want these guys to lose so badly,but I just know that they wont.

The minute they started on about rising interest rates,I knew that the opposition were toast (they have a lousy economic record) and as such the encumbent(luckiest pollie to have drawn breath) would once again be in the right place at the right time,we have an electorate up to their eyeballs in debt,a slowly deflating real estate market and tapped out consumers and we are fighting an election on economic management and interest rates,how lucky can these guys get,they will sneak back into office just before the economy sinks into the abyss,our Prime Minister has 9 lives.

Maybe he will reap what he sows anyway,same as Bush,they cant hold back the tide forever.

Latest polls have the govt 4 points up after the first week.

In regards to the general malaise in Capitalstool this week,I wonder if it was some kind of highwater mark in the overall scheme of things,I felt like something just went snap in my brain all week,obviously so did many others,it could signal the beginning of the end of the bull phase within this bear market,we could be much closer than we all think,we might be less than 2 months away from the whole thing collapsing in a screaming heap,regardless of who wins the US election,there will be a huge adjustment from November onwards imho.

One other thing,retail sales in OZ last quarter were expected to rise 1.7% but they fell -1% surprising many "experts",one of our more bearish commentators said that there will be no more rate rises period,he is the only economist who says this,I agree,watch the aussie dollar,it should drop like a lead balloon.

Also as Yobob pointed out,the shops that are closing down are not reopening,we used to have long waiting lists for shops in the major malls,so I will see if anyone jumps into the 5 empty shops that closed last week.

Noticed another shop closed down near me,a computer store,that brings the total to 8 in the past 2 weeks,just in my surrounding area,I expect the numbers to really start to acelerate in the coming weeks.

I told all and sundry that my business just dropped dead in March and hasnt come back at all,in fact its gotten worse,so I suspect many people would really be feeling the pinch BIG,BIG time around now...6 or 7 bad months would cripple most I reckon.They should start falling like flies.

How much will a barrel of oil cost on November 2, 2004?

The PNAC, a group of top politicians with ties to Bush have stated that the USA should seek control of the oil. Just read PNAC 101 on Political Stool.

The previous oil peak was within one week after Chavez was reelected. This conviently kept Venezuela in the anti USA/PNAC camp.

Russia is also in the anti USA/PNAC camp, as described by Marshall Auerback on Prudent Bear. The Russian clamp-down on Yukos is always mentioned as a major reason for the oil peak.

Iran is the PNAC's next target. Iran is also a major source of money for the Iraqi insurgency. No oil is flowing out of Iraq. The insurgents blew up all the oil pipelines.

Archived