The Italian Stallion

what what what, north corea made a withdrawl from the atomic weapons treaty? :o :o :o

my goodness, there is this iraq thing, all the US adminisration goes crazy, tells BS about an insane dictator and on the other hemissphere their is a nation which threatens the US with war!!! Has saddam ever threaten the US with a war? If you still have a brain in the brainwashed US you have to admit: NO! He never did! :angry: :angry: :angry:

aaaaarrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why, but I have the darndest feeling that I'm about to be disappointed... no clue why, maybe just habit :)

BARE, excellent post, and I agree with all, except that lately, the surprises have been to the upside.

Machinehead, I'm already there- got the trunk open my 1000hp Caddy.

Not only did Dec employment drop but there were substantial downward revisions to Nov and Oct. The revisions point to "real" GDP growth of ~ 1% in Q402. Absent hedonics that is a big negative number maybe as low as -3%. We are still in recession and it is getting deeper.

LAST NITE I READ ABOUT 1000 PT UP DAYS

I READ NO CHANCE OF 1000PT DOWN DAYS

I VOTE FOR THE DOW TO DROP 1000

BRING ON THE HEARTBREAKER 3RD WAVE

I posted about 1K up days. Then again, I am short USPIX to the max, with core BEARX and golds. Half the USPIX I put on Tuesday, didn't cover wed. Added to it last night, and curled up in a fetal position.

Much as I would like to believe that today's employment report is catalyst for significant decline getting under way, I think MachineHead may prove right that reversal occurs by Monday. I did buy some March 28 QQQs puts yesterday, but kept most of my funds in cash, as I didn't have much conviction. Ord believes volume patterns (cause) are suggesting at least a trading range, with short term weakness down to 910 area or maybe a little lower then another assault on 931. He still thinks the December 2 highs are doable, but that volume will tell if that represents another top. TrimTabs notes that about $100 billion going in to pension funding from big corporations that might give some support to stocks this month. I don't think stocks can go down until they have tested old highs and until the earnings/guidance come out with somesemblance of truth in them. Think that is possible. In short, stoolies, don't get too enthusiastic about oepning weakness today. Ord, by the way, looking for test of 71 on XAU. That kind of decline on shrinnking volume could lead to lower risk trading opportuinity in miners.

Dan Denial just issued a report tempering his enthusiasm on DELL. Despite reg fd companies still telegraph shortfalls to anal cysts and I think this report is the first public sign of margin problems at DELL.

I plan to add to my already sizeable short position over the next week. Looking at OI on the options, DELL looks to get pinned next week at $25 or possibly at $27.50. I am looking at $27.50 to add to my position.

Archived