B4 the Bell Fryday, Aug 27, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Matrix is being caught in its own lie. From barfing.com, expected productivity growth for Q2 is 2,9%. Now, with GDP growing at 2,8%, that means no new employment is being created. Nothing. Maybe productivity will miss by a big number, but then, down the drain goes the American Productivity Miracle. (Alternatively, GDP can lately be revised to a 4% growth, he, he)

At the end of the day you wonder where the last eight hours went. When the history is written about this era, I think the decline will look remarkably speedy, but for those of us now living it, it feels slow.

Agonizingly slow to me.

It recalls, however, descriptions I heard of the Thai Baht crisis.

Some said it was a slow motion trainwreck - 3 months or more were available to see it coming and adjust. People had plenty of time to adjust currency positions, take out cash, etc.

Most never saw it coming. It was as if two French TGV trains going in opposite directions hit head on. Most got clobbered. Many completely wiped out.

I, for one, am glad about this clueless factor. It will buy me all the time I need for the 'final run to Costco'.

Even when we here are gnashing our teeth and pulling our hair at the unexpected 6% drop in the USD in a single hour or the frightening 120 bp uptick on the 5 yrs, I will not be able to convince my sister that anything is out of the ordinary.

Oh well, there's something to be said for a blissful round of Kumbayah in the back of the bus.

:D

Sphinx

What is it about our loving relatives,in your case your sister, that prevents them from taking our bearish advice seriously enough to at least read something bearish for either confirmation or disconfirmation??

I've thought about it over and over agin and it seems to me that like Believing, in Alice in Wonderland's Queen who believed in a 1000 things before breakfast ,is as necesarry for life as ,say one'. liver---

The bearish point of view is highly antithetical to the perception- worshipping instincts of J6P, and is as dangerous as it is rare--intelectually speaking it is extremely burdensome as one cannot let one's guard down for a moment inasmuch as a bear sees reality as perpetually disguising itself with undeserved virtues--

And with his skepticism,perceived as unhealthy by smiling true believers,hes constantlly disrobing "reality", and like the fabled child saying "Look Look, the king has no clothes" ---he embarrases everyone--and unlike the fable, the perception arrives too late, because not only is the King cognitivly disrobed, but his grotesque immodesty is joined to the crowd of Cheering lemmings who now, to their chagrine,see,that they are also NAKED to their enemies--

beardrech :ph34r: :cry:Ignorance,tis a disease that only time will cure--but by the the time a cure arrives one will have to start studying the nuances of plucking a harp

Bracing for huge volatility today.

Thin markets + Jackson Hole Bullhorning = Anything can happen

MetroSexual Cult Stock URBN getting bonered to new highs after being added to S & P

CHIR gapping down huge. Lets see if it gets bonered back up to fill the gap. If it does, then the market still wants to go up. If it goes down even further, then it may be a sign of another round of huge stock blowups coming, and the market is ready to start heading back down......

Note that Crapview Shills are now all attuned to 200-day moving averages. Millions more eyeballs gaming the same data in real time with 2 second executions.

HedgeFund Economy lives................

UFB.

Not a freaking peep from the FOREX markets.

At any point for the last two years, this would have been good for a serious $usd spanking.

Not today.  Not last week.  Not recently.

UFB.

Something very bad must be simmering out of sight.

What you are looking at is reality coming face to face with illusion. Everyone is frozen in place because reacting to the reality, destroys the illusion.

Oh yeah.

I believe too.

I believe that all the FOREX markets had not only priced in this result to perfection, but that maybe they saw a little more weakness than they got.

exr24_eu_en_2.gif

Euro actually weakening on the news.

Who can believe this crap anymore?

Who's buying the koolaid?

Japanese government bond issuance is likely to hit a record next year as the country struggles with a fiscal deficit that has created the worst public finances in the industrialised world.

The ministry of finance said on Thursday it expected to sell Y143,000bn [u.S. $1.3 trillion] of JGBs in the 12 months to March 2006, up from Y121,100bn in the current fiscal year. The plan points to a 14th consecutive year of rising debt issuance and underlines the difficulty of strengthening Japan's fiscal position even as the economy enjoys its strongest post-bubble upturn.

Japan's ratio of total debt to gross domestic product is likely to be 163 per cent at the end of this year, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the highest figure among OECD states.

Debt plobrem

Help me here, Hiding Bear.

Is the Japanese government, in effect, playing the yen carry trade by borrowing J-yen and buying U.S. Treasury/Agency debt in Al's custody account? :o

At 163% debt-to-GDP, it sounds like the last days of the S&L's ... double or nothing, cuz nothing to lose. :huh:

p.s. So much for the recent "Japan boom" spin. The Matrix seems to have dropped that line like a hot potato.

Neely just said Gold is gonna crash. 200$

Spose I should be loading the boat with US dollars then...

Move along

The more gold crash calls the better.

LLD-Unfortunately, Neely's call (and perhaps Prechter's maybe it's going to go down that much call) are the only real extreme negative calls. Of course, Neely adds that after this final decline, we get a 15 year bull market in gold.

If the market decides to rally today, looks like the Supermodels will catch a bid.

Why is that?

Just jello moving around the plate.

BBH getting hit with Chiron news, so chips will be scraped off the BBH Keno Table and moved over to Dan Niles' Semi table..............

No fundamental reason for the move.

Just 9000 HedgeFunds looking over their shoulder to see what the other guy is doing.

Wildebeast Herding..................

lol, where's that leave the dollar?

neely's hog calling has been no better or worse than mahendra.

yawn...

happy birthday darwin, belatedly.

hello hihat, nice to see you as well & hello to the rest of the unusual suspects.

hypertiger's far more relevant than most recognize, but that's merely an opinion.

;)

Spose I should be loading the boat with US dollars then...

Move along

The more gold crash calls the better.

LLD-Unfortunately, Neely's call (and perhaps Prechter's maybe it's going to go down that much call) are the only real extreme negative calls. Of course, Neely adds that after this final decline, we get a 15 year bull market in gold.

XAU is in the identical position as it was at the first of April.

Looks like it will breakout, but maybe it will get clotheslined instead.

Rule of Alternation says odds are low for lightening to strike twice in a row.

But anything can happen.

We'll know in a couple of days.

post-20-1093613270.gif

Of course, Neely adds that after this final decline, we get a 15 year bull market in gold.

Prechter has a similar call for his post crash scenario. Not sure what length of time he is talking about, but he is expecting a major bull run after this final washout.

At least that is what I remember from the last time I checked in over there some months ago.

Archived