"It does now"

Foxie,

You often offer to throw up charts for others. Can you provide a daily chart for STRA? I'm wondering if anyone else sees it as running up to the DT line and sees it as an interesting short set up.

I'm thinking about longer-term puts on APOL too. Too bad I'm leaving for the day now (celebrating birthday by getting teeth cleaned, ecccch) or I'd be looking closely at the chart.

Oh, and would you guys drive the price of gold back up while I'm gone? Thanks.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foxie,

You often offer to throw up charts for others.  Can you provide a daily chart for STRA?  I'm wondering if anyone else sees it as running up to the DT line and sees it as an interesting short set up.

Jimi,

here's a 240 min look....105-110 area should be big time resistance now..

And here's a weekly look..looks broken to me..the next top should be the "short and hold" opportunity..

post-3-1093540766.png

Foxie,

You often offer to throw up charts for others. Can you provide a daily chart for STRA? I'm wondering if anyone else sees it as running up to the DT line and sees it as an interesting short set up.

I posted a chart of STRA many, many moons ago when beardrech inquired about the life expectancy of this space needle. I believe the chart, at the time, had a cmap target of 132.

Never heard a thing about STRA until months and months later when everyone was excited about shorting it in the 90's zone.

go figure... :blink:

Thanks KWave. And I agree. I was watching this stock back in the mid-90s thinking that it could rally back up to the downtrend... even if I didn't believe at the time that it would ever crack triple digits again.

But here we are.

I have enough open positions right now, but 108 would seem an obvious place to take a shot if it reached: turquoise line offered support for the June 15ish spike down, and initially thereafter.

Have to keep an eye on it.

Now... would you please break the HGX once and for all!

:lol: :lol:

Guest bullseatshitndie

10min boll band very tight. will see a move one way or another soon. still expect an upmove this afternoon, but s/b short lived

Guest libertas
I have decided to cancel whatever DSL order I have and will probably go broadband,,,,just as cheap and faster....also have drafted letters to the better business bureau to see if we can get reimbursed for the charges ....

I'm no fan of cable companies, but our cable broadband service has been mostly troublefree, both in set-up and operation.

DSL, I wouldn't touch even if it were FREE. Too many horror stories like yours.

Have you ever noticed that your local phone bill is the only invoice that provides NO MAILING ADDRESS for disputes? They don't 'do' written disputes, and will actually return letters if you try to write to them.

Telcos are sick, sick dinosaurs, and I hope they all die in pits of molten sulfur, with thunderous groans and thrashings of their long green tails.

Death to the telcos! :angry:

Have to agree. I found DSL service spottier and slower than cable.

In fact, my cable provider is that one called Adelphia that was run by a bunch of crooks who used corporate money to build themselves private golf courses and stuff.

I think I've had 4 down days with in the past year, which for me is acceptable: it's usually only a few hours, and they will credit my bill for those days when I call and complain.

I have both cable modem and DSL service. The cable is from the city (Alameda) and is therir basic 2Mbps service. The DSL is Pacific Bell basic. (I use a dual-WAN router that load-balances across the connections). Both cost about the same, $30 a month plus or minus a few pennies.

In practice, the 1.5 Mbps DSL is slightly faster and much more reliable than the cable. I started with just the cable, but the service level was so poor that I added the DSL as backup. Now I use both, but if I had to have just one it would be the DSL. FWIW.

"Between the second quarters of 2003 and 2004, single-family home prices in Las Vegas shot up 52.4 percent, according to the National Association of Realtors. It was the greatest 12-month increase ever for any metropolitan area.

Now, seemingly as quickly as it heated up, Vegas real estate has cooled down.

"In the last 60 days the market has died," said Leslie Carver, with Prudential Americana in Las Vegas. "Before, I couldn't keep a listing for day. Now, not even one person has looked at some of these houses in a couple of weeks."

Maybe we could forward this to Alan Greenspan, maybe the old bastard could spot this bubble.

Don't bet on it.

re the crude oil thing..anecdotally, spans (which are inquiries for bunkers - the fuel oil for ships ) are an excellent insight into the insiders view of energy prices. A week before the current snapback in crude, spans in Fujairah (gulf ) and Singapore ( centre of the biggest freight demand - far east ) fell back. Well here's the new one. Spans are picking up sharply again. And for good reason; we are about to enter the period when fixtures are made for the winter season, and demand ALWAYS increases.. Again, purely anecdotally, the tanker community ( and I know a couple of the big Greek tanker operators ) for them $50 crude in the short term is yesterday's news.

The laughable thing is the way that the weaker ( highly leveraged ) specs are shaken out by news from a mosque in Iraq. So I'll regurgitate what the CFO of one of the world's biggest tanker operators told me last week - "keep your eye on the big picture".

Guest bullseatshitndie

ron insane saying, oil down for 5th straight day. hmm, it's up now.

in fact, nice reversal candle off 42.50. now it can make that run to 50+

we could even have a "Span index" on this site. One of my clients is a worldwide bunker fuel trader and broker ( and also a big Greek tanker operator ). If we set an index score based on, say 1st September and benchmark their span inquiry score to that, I can easily update it each afternoon based on their next day spans. its rough and ready, but I promise you, it gives an excellent insight into how the guys who actually carry crude around the world are managing their bunker costs (0ver 40% of freight costs )..And let's face it..they probably know alot more than we do, (and Wall St too )..The Doc will have to adjudicate on this possibility.

Archived