Golden Tuesday -August 24,2004

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would seem that the best thing that could happen to the miners today is for the gold market to close for the day.? :(

Boy that was fun that gold stock rally we had - 1 week - yee hah! I guess we know why the indices were enemic compared to gold. Quite the bitch slap for 40 cent dollar move.

Welcome back! Did you get my message?

Your message? What? Where?

I may go hibernate again. I start losing interest when the indices fail to break out. Nothing to buy. Nothing to do.

It would seem that the best thing that could happen to the miners today is for the gold market to close for the day.? :(

Boy that was fun that gold stock rally we had - 1 week - yee hah! I guess we know why the indices were enemic compared to gold. Quite the bitch slap for 40 cent dollar move.

Welcome back! Did you get my message?

Your message? What? Where?

I may go hibernate again. I start losing interest when the indices fail to break out. Nothing to buy. Nothing to do.

Over on Kitco or is that a different faramir?

WTZ goes green ...by a penny

... and MGN MaNaGed to close on its high and finish just into the green and along with Igor that rounds out the greens on my screens.

Well, there ya go. I hadn?t been to Kitco forums for a long time. I didn?t even know their were private messages.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Ask Boromir to tell Dad to stop playing with crystal balls!!

I notice actually that when the going is tough you can hardly get anyone to post. Contrarian signal?

What?s your take on Cambior?

Not to alarm anyone unnecessarily but we did hit my very LT target for this timeframe for a POG between $410 and $420. This may mean that if the $ does indeed rally and the focus starts to shift away from gold and people again start to worry about the so-called 8 year bicycle .....

A pitty you cannot embellish the KGC charts :o

Ageka - There's a lot of overhead resistance but at least it's basing out.

We need to see a float turnover at the bottom before any serious upside.

post-11-1093382062_thumb.jpg

... and MGN MaNaGed to close on its high and finish just into the green and along with Igor that rounds out the greens on my screens.

Well, there ya go. I hadn?t been to Kitco forums for a long time. I didn?t even know their were private messages.

Thanks for the welcome!!

I notice actually that when the going is tough you can hardly get anyone to post. Contrarian signal?

CBJ:

My number 1 favourite gold stock. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole although almost bought some last week.

You see it's pretty simple from where I'm standing. For me to buy stocks like BGO, CAU, CBJ, GSS and the like I now have to be pretty convinced that either we are going up quite far quite fast so there will be lots of strength to sell into or we have an acceptably long trend so that illiquidity will not be such a nuisance. Last week I saw a good chance for the first possibility but very little for the second. If things go up nicely from here maybe we can think about the second possibility but from where we are right now I see neither. So for the time being I daytrade NEM, usually close my positions by the end of the day then go off into a dark corner to sleep soundly. -_-

Thanks for the welcome!!

CBJ:

My number 1 favourite gold stock. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole although almost bought some last week.

You see it's pretty simple from where I'm standing. For me to buy stocks like BGO, CAU, CBJ, GSS and the like I now have to be pretty convinced that either we are going up quite far quite fast so there will be lots of strength to sell into or we have an acceptably long trend so that illiquidity will not be such a nuisance. Last week I saw a good chance for the first possibility but very little for the second. If things go up nicely from here maybe we can think about the second possibility but from where we are right now I see neither. So for the time being I daytrade NEM, usually close my positions by the end of the day then go off into a dark corner to sleep soundly. -_-

You don't find the remaining hedge a big drag on its earnings?

Maybe it's just superstition, but I reason that we can't have 2 amazing rallies in a row. We had an amazing 9 month rally last year that took us to amazing highs (at least in the indices). I'm wondering if this time around it will be short, not so sweet and not so high?

The last page caught my attention about the London Gold Pool. I wasn't around then so I know nothing about it. But could those slime balls be involved? Advising what not to do? They failed then b/c it was overt, so they are trying a second time but with new rules? Or am I just a paranoid?

GOOBS INDEX FLASHED A CAUTION YESTERDAY - FLASHED SELL TODAY

Goobers - as posted yesterday - i took profits on my trading positons for a better risk/reward set-up. i was hoping these indicator trend lines would hold but instead they appear to be giving way. if these indicators reverse course near resistance in the next day or two, i will quickly reenter!!! otherwise, i'll reenter as soon as the chart gives the green light.

in the mean time, i'm floating up chere in the wild blue yonder sipping on fine wine, listening to fine jazz and enjoying the fine view from 12,000 feet.

what's that i sees in the distance? a couple of tropical islands? - lemme whip out mah binoculars - an island full uh beautiful women waving at me!!! what's that other island i sees? full uh hungry headhunters stirring a big pot#*!!

i'm hopin' the market gods are in a good mood, goobers!

post-11-1093395375.gif

Archived