B4 the Bell. Turdsday Aug 19, 2004

Guest yobob1

Just ran thru the Washington Post and the NY Times and not a peep in the Yankee Press about the Iranian warning... disgraceful - have to keep the Sheep in the dark so they will buy more at Wal-Mart-thank heaven for the International Press-Huh!

brian4,

In fairness, this story was in the US papers a few days ago, not Page 1 stuff, though.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if Russel is right and I do think he is, I am gonna start looking to buy all the houses surrounding mine, once my mortgaged to the hilt neighbors get to the "No Reasonable Offer Refused" stage.

I will set up my 2 boys in those houses and create a sorta Ponderosa or maybe I'll call it the Nedarosa. We'll have Ned38, Lil' Ned, Lil'Lil' Ned, Mrs Ned, Mrs Nedinlaw etc etc etc.

We'll own 'em all free and clear and live the old fashioned way.

Then when the nuveu riche Chinese entrepenuers come looking to buy we will relieve them of their yuans and simply say shei shei

Ned,

premium real estate will find support when foreign currencies are so strong that they can come over and cherry pick or market. i suspect hawaii would be a prime beneficiary (again)? could call it the pina-rosa, or pink pineapple ranch :P .

Re: Argentina and gold.

What's also interesting is that the third largest official repository for gold is the IMF standing at 3,200 tonnes.

WTF?

How, exactly did they get all that?

Just as a wild guess, some of the initial subscribers to the IMF may have chosen to ante up in gold instead of forex.

But it really deserves a book-length research report, as to why the world's leading opponent of gold-backed currency holds a king's ransom of it in their own vaults.

IMF: "Who you gonna believe -- us or your lying eyes?"

Indeed.

Whe I read these gold reports I feel as though I've snuck into the executive parking lot at the Ford headquarters and discovered that every single slot is occupied by a Mercedes.

What's the matter banker boys? Don't want to eat your own cooking?

:lol:

what is more interesting is that the Gold purchases are de-facto IMF financed? B)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/08/19/...main/index.html

Kianne Sadeq, who is inside the compound with other journalists at the invitation of al-Sadr's militia, reported persistent sounds of mortars and gunfire and many explosions and devastation to the streets, homes and businesses around the mosque compound.

Two of the mosque's minarets have been damaged in recent fighting, and al-Sadr loyalists said a clock in one of the towers caught fire...

Well if Russel is right and I do think he is, I am gonna start looking to buy all the houses surrounding mine, once my mortgaged to the hilt neighbors get to the "No Reasonable Offer Refused" stage.

I will set up my 2 boys in those houses and create a sorta Ponderosa or maybe I'll call it the Nedarosa. We'll have Ned38, Lil' Ned, Lil'Lil' Ned, Mrs Ned, Mrs Nedinlaw etc etc etc.

Then when the nuveu riche Chinese entrepenuers come looking to buy we will relieve them of their yuans and simply say shei shei

Ned,

premium real estate will find support when foreign currencies are so strong that they can come over and cherry pick or market. i suspect hawaii would be a prime beneficiary (again)? could call it the pina-rosa, or pink pineapple ranch :P .

Or you could buy some land next to the Kennedy compound at Cape Cod. You could call it Hy-Anus-port.

Education company DeVry stock falls on weak earnings

Thursday August 19, 9:14 am ET

NEW YORK, Aug 19 (Reuters) - Shares of DeVry Inc. (NYSE:DV - News) fell on Thursday before the bell, a day after the business and technical education provider posted weaker-than-expected earnings and a decline in summer enrollment.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040819/services_devry_stocks_1.html

"Ever since the last factory that made actual stuff was dismantled and packed on a barge for India, the demand for welders, machinists and other non-keystrokers has hit a soft-patch", a company spokesman said.

When asked about his prospects, a recent grad said, "Ah hev not bin aybul tuh find wurk, buht thats owkay becuz DuhVry haz taught me many things, inkuludin how tuh lathe uhp uh rahful furum a rawd uv 4340 chrome-moly. Thanks DuhVry."

Ned,

Or you could buy some land next to the Kennedy compound at Cape Cod. You could call it Hy-Anus-port.

Not far from Gayhead, no?

Archived