B4 The Bell Wednesday August 18

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear in the background the 10:30 release of the oil figures.  Can someone offer a summary and analysis?

DOE

crude inventories -1.3M brls vs -1.875M brl EXP

Gasoline inventories -2.6M brls vs. -650K brl exp

Distillate inventories +2.1M brls vs. +1.5M brl exp

API

crude inventories -1.5M brls

Gasoline inventories -3.5M brls

Distillate inventories +1.6M brls

Thanks Rog. I've never looked at these data, and my handy-dandy 5th Edition "Understanding US Economic Statistics" from your former employer doesn't include any discussion of these.

Should I assume that because crude and gasoline inventories are down more than expected, that the market is more vulnerable to a supply shock and upward price adjustments?

TIA.

Mars opposite Uranus.....sudden violent events

Mercury opposite Mars.....news of war

Mercury opposite Uranus....news of the two above

8/18/04.....this is the mundane angle only

Lets see what hits the news

Window is now open

plus Mercury retrograde = "communication breakdown"

(garbled reports of above events)

Guest yobob1
Stagflation means higher prices and stagnent wages.

the matrix must prepare the sheep for the future, so the news may just keep reporting on stagflation.

NE

Sorry I disagree. Stagflation implies price inflation with a stagnant economy; i.e. no growth in real terms. Higher prices without commensurate rises in incomes reduces demand ... a reduced demand coupled with low cap ute and current over production as evidenced by rising inventories of late will lead to lower prices.

yobob, you seem to be saying that stagflation is economically impossible.

The Seventies proved that stagflation can happen, even with high unemployment and poor demand.

The Weimar inflation of 1923 can be viewed as stagflation or something worse, "slumpflation."

MH in the 70's wage inflation kept pace with price inflation. That is clearly not the case now and that is the missing link. The killer was the meteoric rise in interest rates.

Plunger the amount of hybrids manufactured wouldn't be a pimple on an elephants ass. By their own admission the hybrids are artificially priced below production costs by Honda and Toyota. If they expand production and increase market share you will see a hybrid with a lot less standard featrues and a higher price. The primary reason that hybrids exist is California's onerous low vehicle emmission laws. Silently behind the scenes (i.e. mostly at the dealer level instead of at the retail level) even the Japanese have increased their incentives.

I really hope that nothing happens at the Olympics this year.If nothing does then it won't have much to do with security as a British newspaper journalist proved by working on the preparations for the games and planting 3 fake bombs in the stadium.He also gained access using fake passes with names like Sam bin Laden(or something like that).

Security and defence is now the big bucks earner for the pluto's.Fear and worry must be maintained at all costs(your money).

There is some Olympian dissappointment in the reduction of record-setting performances--The hope was that the shadow of terrorism would,for example, frighten the swimming participants into hyperactivity so they would reduce their exposure to a possible maiming or worse--

iN AND OUT like a dentists office with an occasional sound of one hand clapping describes the current atmosphere in Athens

My favorite event are the half-naked woman volley-ball players and the 15 year old ping=pong player--her athleticism and reaction time is electricity quick--a veritable neuronal mutation --something from another planet--You don think so? Try hitting a grain of rice flying at you 500 miles an hour

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: If its true that Gymnasium is etymologically linked to nakedness then why are all those athletes so overdressed???

Can you believe these guys?

Your tipoff should have been the two broadbased 130 (Dow) manufactured rallies the last two weeks. That is a very clear message from the government that they will buy this market. The longs were trapped and looking at the exits. The government now has given them every reason not only to stay in (free money coming until Nov.) but also to buy more between government financed weekly boner blasts. Bears need to be very cautious here. The NWO fascists will do anything.

Archived