"New Macro" Excuses

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foxy--

I would enjoy your perspective on any of the following pieces of crap: ALDN, DIOD, SAPE. Someday I will buy you a bier, or perhaps a pivo.

first aof all:

buuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrpppp.

ok, here i have DIOD weekly log chart for you:

well, what can we say? It fights.

post-7-1092445204.gif

MH

It won't be long before the fact that oil prices are high because of the US militarism, gets morphed right through the looking glass and comes out the other side as the core reason the US economy is in the shitter. The facts ain't gonna get in the way of this fairy tale.High oil prices will soon be the scapegoat and cover story for every hedgehog blowup, pension fund failure, unemployment debacle, and the coming market collapse.

It will allow for increased racism ,cultural antagonism, more wars, and a miriad of government bailouts of corrupt and unworthy companies that would have died even if oil were 2 bucks a barrel.

The halfbrained dimwit media personality experts will be all over the radio and TV talk shows bellowing about how well the ponzi scheme, er ahhh I meant , the economic miracle of American capitalism, would have worked forever if only oil had stayed cheap the way god meant it to be.

Oil producing nations will be recategorized as either with us or against us, favoring American capitalist exploitative consumption, or godless heathen enemies of the state.. I don't think there will be much of a middle ground

interesting thread- thanks Ned ;)

As usual, stock speculators remain infatuated with the SOX, and virtually every dip was bought today. If the buys didn't stick, then they withdrew and tried again on the next leg down.

When INTC got close to 21 it was bought hard. the Q's and chips all worked off that bounce right into the close. Plus the shorts got carried away which provided most of the heavy lifting. Monday be a new day! ;)

Robert Blumen's article "Debt and Delusion" will repay a careful reading. He outlines the logic of Peter Warburton's book of the same name, subtitled Central Bank Follies That Threaten Economic Disaster.

Debt and Delusion

The central thesis: during the past twenty years, there has been enormous inflation. However, it has been confined to asset inflation (stocks, bonds, and real estate). The distorted CPI and PPI measures (particularly with food and energy stripped out) pick up nothing but "price stability."

Warburton points out that before the Federal Reserve was created in 1913, the average shape of the yield curve was flat. On average, there was no premium for lending long instead of short.

The persistence of a steep yield curve for years at a time is indicative of the fire hose of carry trade liquidity that the central bank is artificially injecting into asset prices.

Now that foreigners have been sucked into financing America's $600 billion current account deficit, what we have is a worldwide government-sponsored Ponzi scheme, supporting monstrously overvalued, artificially-priced asset markets.

This can only end in tears. Only a massive floating supply of monopoly bubble money could have driven up oil prices by $20 a barrel in six months. This is more a function of dollars losing purchasing power, than of oil suddenly getting scarce.

The dollar remains the key to the asset bubble ... the fuel that nourishes and expands it. Uncle Buck cracked drastically from 89 to below 88 on the $56 billion trade deficit. Under 87 would be a multi-month low.

Ultimately, the U.S. Ponzi scheme ends like every previous Third World crack-up: with a currency crisis, a debt default, and a drastic rise in domestic prices. The "shop till you drop" set doesn't suddenly get thrifty. Instead, they are simply priced out of the market.

That's the way the cookie crumbles ...

Yield? On what?

The primary reason a monetary system goes fractional is the attachment of interest to the medium of exchange...Period...

It is impossible to prevent a system which allows the attachment of interest to the medium of exchange from imploding...period...

That's the delusion you are all suffering from...

You all actually religiously believe that attaching interest to the medium of exchange is a ligitimate policy...

This is going to be a comedy...

None of you realize how doomed you are...A catagory "infinity" economic hurricane horrowshow has been approaching for 50 years...There is going to be no warning from the authorities at all...

zero...

My 24 month window was hit...the final desperate act to postpone the inevitable hyperdeflationary implosion should show up late 2004 early 2005...

What is the final act? I don't know but at some point after it fails...the mass starvation and Iron fisted repression shows up...It will last anywhere from a decade or so to past the lifespans of all the currently living humans and beyond...

All because you are desperately in search of yield...

$55 Billion?!

Extraordinary. An administration that prides itself so much on "National Security" is meekly standing by while the means to severely harm the US where it is vulnerable - the Economy - is handed to foreigners every day. A depression would hurt far more Americans than anything but the most apocalyptic series of "terrorist events." Yet within a couple of years - if not now - the Asians will have the power to send the US economy into the Abyss if they so desire.

Not saying they will, but it's far from a certain thing that they won't.

In my previous post I edited it...I edit all my posts...

One of the parts I edited out was the fact that you all will look for or latch on to any and all excuses...whether your own self delusions or manufactured for consumption...

This has been going on for decades...Forget the Asians...You don't care where the trinkets come from...

Where's the inflation?

Usually when the number of products made in the USA deflates while the number of products Made in China inflates I wonder where the inflation is going to?

Has China been inflating lately?

And like a Hurricane it's effects are not comprehended until you are picking yourself out of the wreckage...

This is not Sherlock...It is simplistic economics but most of you have a level of economic knowledge somewhere between the rules for the boardgame monopoly and Simcity which is just slightly below the level of the average economist and they are complete morons...

How long do you think they will keep building houses out of freaking sticks in the hurricane zones?

Advanced civilization? Can't even construct proper structures in a Hurricane zone...

The roofs keep flying off and the walls keep caving in, what should we do?

Hike insurance rates...a pure comedy and you think this system you are all desperately and hopelessly dependant upon is constructed any better?

It's worse...

The system only grows weaker the longer it operates...

When did the Great Depression Climax? 1945...The end of the Second world war was basically the climax of the Great Depression...

Since then we have been moving towards the next climax...And this latest debt inflationary self delusional bubble is the largest in the history of the 311 year old centralized banking system...

I wanna show you how important it is to use log charts for longer time frames:

Here we have wekly log chart of the NDX from 1986 on. You see the blue uptrendchannel. At the end of 1998 price began to move above that channel, which is very bullish. On the other hand, once price moves back into the channel it is very bearish. Thats basic TA stuff.

As the chart shows the tech mania didnt began in the late 90s, like many beleive when they use linear charts, no, the most money was made thru the whole 90s, then when in late 1998 price moved above the channel, all the sheeple got sucked in. Smart money was already cautious at that time.

Look what happend when price moved back into the channel: Sheeple, who got sucked in in late 1998 got massacred. Basic stuff: The late comers always have to pay the bill.

Note which big fight was going on in 2001 around the uptrendline, in the end bulls lost it.

Now to the current state of affairs: NDX was unable to make a 23.6 retrace, not to speak about a 38 retrace, it trades currently below its 50 weekly sma AND it banged its head at the 200 weekly sma.

btw, if that uptrenchannel gets ever hit from below again it will be sold there with both hands, it is a pivot line. Basic stuff. Make TA as easy as possible. Leave the creation of "state of the art" indicators to others. It is worthless and costs you too much time.

post-7-1092478741.gif

MH

It won't be long before the fact that oil prices are high because of the US militarism, gets morphed right through the looking glass and comes out the other side as the core reason the US economy is in the shitter. The facts ain't gonna get in the way of this fairy tale.High oil prices will soon be the scapegoat and cover story for every hedgehog blowup, pension fund failure, unemployment debacle, and the coming market collapse.

It will allow for increased racism ,cultural antagonism, more wars, and a miriad of government bailouts of corrupt and unworthy companies that would have died even if oil were 2 bucks a barrel.

The halfbrained dimwit media personality experts will be all over the radio and TV talk shows bellowing about how well the ponzi scheme, er ahhh I meant , the economic miracle of American capitalism, would have worked forever if only oil had stayed cheap the way god meant it to be.

Oil producing nations will be recategorized as either with us or against us, favoring American capitalist exploitative consumption, or godless heathen enemies of the state.. I don't think there will be much of a middle ground

I need to add that a declining oil price or an out and out smackdown of oil prices is also possible at any time.............sorta like a commercial break during a TV miniseries. A chance to use the bathroom, go get something from the fridge, maybe get a pillow or a blanky. Ahhhhhhhhh feeling comfy again. Hey look honey our stocks are coming back. Oh and hey why don't we go vote now before the show comes back on. :D

MH

I need to add that a declining oil price or an out and out smackdown of oil prices is also possible at any time.............sorta like a commercial break during a TV miniseries. A chance to use the bathroom, go get something from the fridge, maybe get a pillow or a blanky. Ahhhhhhhhh feeling comfy again. Hey look honey our stocks are coming back. Oh and hey why don't we go vote now before the show comes back on. :D

YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED

450COLIN.jpg

Archived