Stripper On The Flagpole

by the same token a final top around SPX 940-960 is not too unrealistic either. Would give Maria the big one and make for a more complete looking A-B-C wave 2 off Oct lows. Time will tell but we are very close to some kind of turn point down.

Slinger, that trendline WILL hold. I can guarantee it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the old man in Reminiscences of a Stock Operator who kept saying 'but its a bull market'?

Sums it up great for gold but for the rest of this garbage one should not get so jazzed by all this long talk. Talk of 1000 point up days in a bear market and rocket moves on this or that is dangerous to be spreading in this environment. Anyone reading this board with a long term horizon and not a 5 second day trade addiction should just ignore all of this bull rhetoric cuz ITS A BEAR MARKET.

Old Habits- The reason Gross says stock will outperform is because Shrubs ending of taxation on dividends is another nail in Bonds coffin-second with a falling dollar and a burgeoning deficit interest rates will rise and quickly-it has nothing to do with Al-the markets will do it for him. Rising rates also kill bonds. Now 6000-6500 will not be the end of this Bear-I expect 1/2 of 6000 maybe-you will know we are close when no one wants to buy or can afford to buy stocks and the breadlines and soup kitchens are necessary to feed the homeless. Greg you are right about the vix etc-bearish-Swee-all the indexes are smack on resistance-I expect that strong resistance to give way in a spike-but the key number is 892 SPX if that breaks it's payday every day for a long, long time. Tomorrow break 8800 we go up-break 8750 we go down. Trade Safe!

This market can be brutal if earnings flounder.

Example: InterCept Inc.(ICPT)

:The stock fell as low as $9.18, its lowest price since

touching $8 in April 1999. It finished off $9.01, or

about 49 percent, at $9.50, making it the top percentage

loser on Nasdaq.

InterCept, a maker of financial services software, said it

expects 2002 earnings in the range of 92 cents to 98 cents

per share, well below the $1.11 to $1.15 a share it said

in November it expected to earn. Those figures exclude

losses from its ownership in Netzee Inc., which provides

software for community banks, and one-time charges. "

http://www.wallstreettape.com/c/quotetrack...st_id%3D3981268

Whose next?

Also Lexmark (LXK) down big for just the opposite:

"Shortly after the market close, Lexmark said it expects to earn

between 88 cents and 90 cents a share for the quarter ended

Dec. 31. The earnings include a 3-cent benefit related to restructuring.

The company previously forecast earnings between 70 cents

and 80 cents a share. During the same period a year ago, Lexmark

had a 77-cent-a-share profit."

http://www.wallstreettape.com/c/quotetrack...4114&num=527049

This is so confusing!!!

B4 - Agree, div tax cuts will kill bonds. But that money is going to go somewhere. Also, it should put the lid on housing. Question: where will the money go?

Bozo gov Davis is going to raise the state sales tax here in CA. Of course, he won't have any fiscal restraint and actually cut gov jobs and pork. He'll do a great job of killing the economy. The Fed is fighting DE- flation. By forcing money out of muni's/treasuries they will succeed. Looks like a lose/lose to me. That being said, the money still has to go somewhere. If you are a money manager, do you put it back into stocks, corp. debt, gold, or take it to a growing country like say China?

I don't buy the breadline scenario. People who have been in bonds have MADE money the past couple of years. I guess anything is possible though. :(

It seems there are many of us who have parked cash into BEARX. There was some discussion a few days ago about its (BEARXs) chart and its technical behavior of forming a right shoulder. I am not very savy about TA and wonder if others could offer their opinions on it.

It also seems that they hold so much cash and Treasuries, I just hopt they commit those funds to more active short and gold positions when the timing is nigh.

Thanks

Archived