• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crude Earl prints $45.30 +0.50

Crapvision searchin' for a another soft-shoe Saudi ...  :lol:

Dance the dance and talk the talk......

BUTT cannot walk the walk.....

Pundits of Stature

South Korea's decision to cut interest rates, two days after the U.S. Federal Reserve raised borrowing costs, reflects a slump in consumer demand caused by rising fuel prices and credit-card debts. Central bankers in South Korea, Japan and India this week said they are more concerned by the impact of record crude oil prices on growth than inflation.

Park Seung cuts a big one

The bushman re-electiom effort must comtinue.

As oil prices rise the retail price at the pump goes down.

I would not short them, but watch XOM, BP ect to the effect of paying more and getting less.

But by Sept. price at the pump MUST go up.

You folks in Florida be CAREFUL-MSN is running a story about the only other time 2 storms smucked the State and that was in 1906 and there wasn't much left! ;)

In Aug. 1955, a one-two punch from hurricanes hit Delaware valley (PA-NJ) ... horrible flooding ... most bridges taken out ... two hundred killed ...

Floods can be more destructive than high winds.

You folks in Florida be CAREFUL-MSN is running a story about the only other time 2 storms smucked the State and that was in 1906 and there wasn't much left! ;)

Let's not get too hysterical here. Bonnie is a tropical storm, and rain is her biggest threat. Charly has to make a direct hit in the Tampa Bay area and be a Category 3 or higher storm to really do damage. One thing that is sure: US retail sales for week of August 9 will be impacted, what with all the rain along east coast this week plus the two storms.

Should be some good hurricane parties this weekend! If it rains hard enough, maybe I can get the brown out of my tennis shoes!

This may be the perfect storm for the cruise lines. They are hose if their ports of call in Tampa, Miami and Fort Lauderdale are weathered out on turn-over days (Friday - Sunday) and as a result, embarkations are impacted. Combine this with weak consumer data AND higher oil prices and the likelihood that they will miss this quarter is huge. Not to mention...we've still got two more months of hurricane season yet to go...and god knows where the price of oil will go to . I highly doubt their fuel costs are hedged with $50-plus in mind.

Archived