B4 the Bell, Toozleday Aug 10, 2004

TE, B4 and others,

it's IJ. Thanks stoolies for the compliments on the tunes. Hopefully the album will come out and we can tour before the world comes to an end.

Speaking of which, TE, you mentioned targets for 987 by end of summer. Do any of you have price time targets for December.

Currently sitting on some SPX 1005's, Dec (yes, I know Doc, I am a bad boy). :grin:

For now, My year end target is 1112. That makes the year positive by one point.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sherlock- to his credit-Actor Paul Newman said recently-"It is very wrong to give me a tax break, I am willing and ready to pay much more in taxes than I do now"  there is a guy who understands good fortune comes with a price and responsibility tag!

so whats the problem, he cant find his checque book? shutup and write the check. nice salad dressing and lemonade BTW.

on a serious note: wasnt the SM acting this way prior to 9/11?

Pee:

I was feeling the same way yesterday, like the market was foretelling a bad event.

The fact that someone in the White House just "outed" the best inside spy we likely had within Al Qaeda is beyond stupid, and definitely points to something not easily explained by logic.

We had a double agent in Pakistan who was acting as the inside online communications liaison between Al Qaeda operatives. His place is raided, the information revealed (to bolster the cause for the new Orange Alert)...and then his NAME IS REVEALED TO THE PRESS...according to Dr. Rice "on Background" - which promptly leads to the end of a Pakistini sting operation and the rapid departure of Al Qaeda operatives into the hills.

This is criminal. This is evidence of something akin to the outing of Valarie Plame. This information was intentionally released by the White House to botch the round up of a bunch of bad guys. What really happened? At whose insistence did it happen? Why?

Who are the real bad guys, and who do they work for?

The great Martin Hutchinson fires both barrels at Greenspandius Malefactoris:

A moderately severe and very prolonged recession, with the stock market dropping back to historically normal valuation levels, was what I and many others expected in the fall of 2000, after the bubble had clearly burst.

This time around, that didn't happen. The George W. Bush administration, taking office just as the downturn hit, pumped out not one but two sets of tax cuts, plus a substantial and apparently uncontrolled increase in federal spending, part but by no means all of it due to the war on terror. It also encouraged Greenspan to engage in a huge money printing spree, holding real interest rates negative for three years and counting.

The result was that the bubble never really deflated. Valuations never got back to their normal historic levels. Even though dividends, which had been suppressed during the height of the frenzy, have increased in the last year owing to the 2003 dividend tax cut, the S&P 500 Index would have to trade at 623 compared with Friday morning's 1080 to yield as much as 3 percent -- historically the top of the normal valuation level, not its middle.

The Way We Live Now

And by the way, after today's timid 25-bip hike, real interest rates are STILL NEGATIVE.

Borrow and spend. Let inflation rip.

Actually it was three tax cuts in three years - but who's counting?

The 2003 reductions mostly targeted business, therefore most people didn't notice.

GWB is now campaigning on the theme of "keeping the tax cuts in place" or a backwards way of saying he and Congress, who signed off on long term tax increases going into effect in 2004 and 2005, don't want increases anymore. This was originally done to keep 5 and 10 year projected budget deficits to manageble levels.

One could argue that they never intended to let those tax increases go into effect.

Reviewing the days action makes me feel grateful I wasn't watching the tape. FOMC days are rarely good for the bears. My big concern for the shorts is the action that usually follows, post FOMC day, as the Greenscum validation rally kicks in. Again I am surprised they drove another nail into the credit bubble in the face of equity weakness and lousy employment numbers. Large egos ruled and so did 990n today. The tick and trin action were insane. The volatility indexes are down over 20% in TWO days. The interest sensitive stocks caught a big bid with HGX up 2% and the BKX up 1.5%. Dogs like COF spiking 4% telegraph huge disconnect. HUI and XAU holding their own is good news for the gold bugs. I become more convinced by the day the metals are ready to experience an afterburner move.

CSCOs bomb gives us hope for tomorrow. The naz futures are trading down near the open of 930am today. The criminals cant be happy bout that. 3am will tell the tale.

Lets see what the +1000 ticks get them tomorrow. Follow through or failure. With so much interference taking place countless times during the day the question first and foremost is ...Are there enough shorts left to get their head handed to them causing a continuation of the pattern we have all learned to hate?

I got stopped out of my RUTS but thats ok. Got lots of ammo to reload. If this wasn't an election year I would be totally convinced we crash before the end of the month.

Again thanks John M The PPT warning came at a great time.It increased my matrix fear level, if thats possible.

Where the hell is Buddah?

In that vein I just read an article by Deutsche Bank who point out U.S. Foreign Debt is now 26% of GDP and of course does NOT count domestic debt. They go on to say the $ must severely depreciate in value in order to service this exploding debt which of course will drive the cost of imports to the moon-buy Gold and the Loonie!

This is one of the reasons why I think the US$ will eventually seperate itself from other fiat countries. The US will have the worse balance of payments deficit - and there won't be enough dollar buying from the Chinas and Japan to keep it up.

We had a double agent in Pakistan who was acting as the inside online communications liaison between Al Qaeda operatives.  His place is raided, the information revealed (to bolster the cause for the new Orange Alert)...and then his NAME IS REVEALED TO THE PRESS...according to Dr. Rice "on Background" - which promptly leads to the end of a Pakistini sting operation and the rapid departure of Al Qaeda operatives into the hills.

This is criminal.  This is evidence of something akin to the outing of Valarie Plame.

It's evidence of something akin to 9/11, too:

In late August 2001, barely a couple of weeks before 9/11, Senator Bob Graham, Representative Porter Goss and Senator Jon Kyl were in Islamabad, Pakistan for consultations. Meetings were held with President Musharraf and with Pakistan's military and intelligence brass including the head of Pakistan?s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) General Mahmoud Ahmad.

On the morning of September 11, the three lawmakers Bob Graham, Porter Goss and Jon Kyl (who were part of the Congressional delegation to Pakistan) were having breakfast on Capitol Hill with General Ahmad, the alleged "money-man" behind the 9-11 hijackers.

"When the news [of the attacks on the World Trade Center] came, the two Florida lawmakers who lead the House and Senate intelligence committees were having breakfast with the head of the Pakistani intelligence service. Rep. Porter Goss, R-Sanibel, Sen. Bob Graham and other members of the House Intelligence Committee were talking about terrorism issues with the Pakistani official when a member of Goss' staff handed a note to Goss, who handed it to Graham.

All in the Family

For his yeoman service, Goss (who left the CIA under a mysterious cloud that has never been explained) gets promoted to head The Agency ... as Bush I once did.

Reviewing the days action makes me feel grateful I wasn't watching the tape. FOMC days are rarely good for the bears. My big concern for the shorts is the action that usually follows, post FOMC day, as the Greenscum validation rally kicks in. Again I am surprised they drove another nail into the credit bubble in the face of equity weakness and lousy employment numbers. Large egos ruled and so did 990n today. The tick and trin action were insane. The volatility indexes are down over 20% in TWO days. The interest sensitive stocks caught a big bid with HGX up 2% and the BKX up 1.5%. Dogs like COF spiking 4% telegraph huge disconnect. HUI and XAU holding their own is good news for the gold bugs. I become more convinced by the day the metals are ready to experience an afterburner move.

CSCOs bomb gives us hope for tomorrow. The naz futures are trading down near the open of 930am today. The criminals cant be happy bout that. 3am will tell the tale.

Lets see what the +1000 ticks get them tomorrow. Follow through or failure. With so much interference taking place countless times during the day the question first and foremost is ...Are there enough shorts left to get their head handed to them causing a continuation of the pattern we have all learned to hate?

I got stopped out of my RUTS but thats ok. Got lots of ammo to reload. If this wasn't an election year I would be totally convinced we crash before the end of the month.

Again thanks John M The PPT warning came at a great time.It increased my matrix fear level, if thats possible.

Tanks LLD. Think we had that 'day after' rally a day early this time. ;)

Also tanks to Doc, TE, B4, MH, etc. for enlightening us on technical trends. :)

Plunger - are you finding the stuff on the CIA appointee Goss?

Goss was having a breakfast meeting in Washington with the then ISI chief Mahmoud Ahmad at the exact instant the 9/11 hijackers flew their planes into the World Trade Center. Ahmad was a Taliban supporter who was subsequently removed from his job when he continued to bat for the outlaw regime post 9/11.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/article...840,curpg-2.cms

and

http://inn.globalfreepress.com/modules/new...php?storyid=485

and of course he is a bonesman like our fearless leader and his opponent.

Doesn't congress have to approve this appointment.

Looks like a shoe in.

goss.jpg

Yeah, the volume today was feeble.

990N might have been throwing some buy tickets in, but the HedgeFunds didn't take the bait.

That TRIN of .40 or something was absurd.

And the fact that The Supermodels were dead in the water.............

Today's rally was another "joke" on the bulls......

Down, down, down we go..................

Archived