Hedge Hog "Work Stations"

Looking at Uncle Buck and gold and Earl of course, it's pretty apparant that the bond melt up was just that, a melt up based upon the needs of hedgers and speculators to readjust their positons. In other words the market is again disfunctional, at least by any textbook standard.

As Noland says the last thing we need now is a lowering of rates but he says that only in the context of rational economic analysis. I wonder if Al is really hopping for Mortgage Mania III, or whatever the hell number you want to use. I suppose he does because there is no other alternative. I guess he will raise rates anyhow next week as the melt up will ameliorate, for a short time anyway, the damage it will cause. Thinking about it, it's a beautiful thing. Raise rates, or pretend to, as they fall or more likely remain in a range below the recent peak. A bit of theater demonstrating his responsiblity.

It's a bit of bad timing for this to happen before the auction. The do so like to boost rates preauction a bit and rally bonds after to grease the skids and make some coin for the gang. I guess however that it's getting to the point where is is always preauction. The rising deficit and the relentless shortning of Uncle Sams maturity due to the end of the long bond makes it less than just a fantasy that someday will might have auctions every week. OK, that's silly. Somethings got to give. Next weeks suction isn't all that big. I suppose the usual bag holders will show. Someday they won't, if we bears are right. In my worst case sceneario it is always failed Treasury auctions which are the trigger for a financial melt down.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chairman Greenspan. The median Califorina single family home has risen in value $65,000 over the last 12 months. Is that inflation?

Well no. In the context of blah blah blah ( a few minutes of obtuse blather)

Chairman Greenspan, If those X million home owners had instead gotten a $65,000 annual raise would that be inflation?

Absolutely!

The point being, and I'm preaching to the choir on this I know, that rising pay for work is a bad bad bad thing. Much better, in fact much desired is the rise in the price of assets which requires no work at all. As a lifelong wage slave it always suprises me that American voters and fellow wage slaves buy this stool, or that self proclaimed capitalists are capable of such a feat of cognitive dissonance as to believe such a thing.

For the above mentioned prices you get 0.05ac or about 2500sf of dirt.  Squeezed onto that, you get 2220sf of living space.  To accomplish this engineering marvel, the house has 3 floors:  entry is accomplished by climbing stairs and entering on the mid level, with stair cases up to sleeping and down to garage areas.  The front door opens onto a sidewalk, and across that sidewalk is another house's front door facing yours.  The downstairs garage door opens onto an alley, shared by 12 other garage doors in a row, with no parking allowed outside the garage. 

PD, thanks for your ever-entertaining updates.

I'd assert that a residential investment property ought to be a place you wouldn't mind living in yourself, in case you ever had to.

From personal experience, "climbing stairs and entering on the mid level" is a lousy, lousy design. All the groceries and supplies have to be lugged up the stairs. All the cans, bottles and trash have to be dragged down the stairs. Injured/elderly/disabled folks may not even be able to make it up the stairs.

Moral of the story: kitchen and living areas belong on the GROUND FLOOR, period.

When Vegas turns into a buyers market, the buyers naturally will gravitate to traditional single-family homes with yards and driveways. Densely-packed insta-slums as you describe will become unmarketable at any price. Stay away!

hi

can't post at work anymore

finally there on spx

don't understand why some people think bonds will get killed

i don't see any limit to fed monetization

even at usd 0 they'll be usin em to buy treasuries

Hearing from several of you that you are unable to post graphic attachments. I will look into this. I think it has to do with the path to the image directory on the new server being slightly different than on the old one. Will fix asap. If anyone else notices any glitches or anomalies, please give me a holler by PM or email [email protected].

Many tanks!

"That's a recipe for accidents and human error, not to mention the risk of malicious damage."

Astros are as bad as they get for mundane events. :blink:

I have waited 18 months to arrive at this astro window.

The next two weeks are "buns high and kneeling" and only God knows who will be wheeling and dealing. :o

The last configuration of this type saw the world wide peace protest deliver a 180 of expected expression....we should be so lucky the next few days into the next two weeks.

It is what it is.

Peace

Hood

Thanks Hood.

You make kitty scared.

3624847.jpg

Hearing from several of you that you are unable to post graphic attachments. I will look into this. I think it has to do with the path to the image directory on the new server being slightly different than on the old one. Will fix asap. If anyone else notices any glitches or anomalies, please give me a holler by PM or email [email protected].

Many tanks!

Solved the problem once by reducing the dimensions of the image - file size was no more than 40k but shrinking dimensions seemed to fix it.

I think I have fixed the image upload problem. By the way, if anyone has a saved text file of that article from Dow Jones newswires in 2001, could you email it to me? Believe it or not, I never saved it. :lol:

You can upload a file of any dimensions. The board will make it into a thumbnail. made that change some time ago. Also increased the image upload limit to 75k .I'm pretty sure this had to do with the path to the image folder. I just tested successfully, but as admin, I have different board permissions. Would someone try attaching a picture, just to make sure.

Tanks.

Guest bullseatshitndie
WHEN WE'RE AT THE PEAK OF A HOUSING BUBBLE, then I think we need to organize some Stoolies for an intervention.

:D :D

PD, enjoy the posts on the mania in lv

Archived