B4 The Bell Thursday August 5

Al Takes Huge Dump

Market Feels No Relief

Fed Releases update is now posted! Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important Fed weekly releases. Doc gives you his briefs on the charts of the Fed's most important money and credit measures. Take a subscribatory and download your Fed Releases RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anystoolie have an update on the Molson/coors merger? If they merge, I will have to become a Labatt man.

I will never help out the Coors brewing co.

TE did you see this?More Molson-Coors details disclosed

LLD said Labbatts sucked. He recommended some other Canadian beer but I can't remember what it was...anyone else know? He gave a good bye message today in IS....said major crapper had crapped on him one to many times. I hope that it didnt apply to B4 the Bell. He was a good guy.

BTW - Where the heck is Soup?

From todays National Post...Post-Mortem Column by Rob McKenzie-Headline ..."Nasdaq wounded by al-Qaeda snub..."Officials at the NASDAQ stock market are red-faced after being entirely excluded from this weeks list of key financial institutions targeted by al-Qaeda.. This must never happen again vowed a visibly shaken Ernie Lucci, Nasdaq Chief Executive. Al Qaeda cannot be allowed to snub America's most dynamic marketplace. This is a serious insult to the new Economy and it shall not go unanswered. On a more practical point Observers point out that the problem for attackers is that as a entirely electronic market place , Nasdaq has no trading floor and therefore no strong physical prescence . The Observers say bombing Nasdaq's Head Office in suburban Washington would not come across as a strike at capitalism's very heart-"not even it's very kidney"..one expert said . One NYSE Pit Trader quipped.."they did a pretty good job of bombing themselves starting in the second quarter of 2000." That Corporate pride should be at stake over one's status as a target is a clear echo of the Cold War..as CalvinTrillin ...wrote in Time magazine (July 25,1988.) Meanwhile Officials at the new York Merc where Commodities are traded, say they were not surprised that this weeks terror alert made no mention of their facilities..."Let me put it this way"...one Insider said. "Al Qaeda's money people are in no rush to disrupt the World Oil Market."... Oh and by the way Post Mortem is a satirical Column...Or is it??? ;)

Regarding oil tankers. Piracy is a huge problem in the straits of Mallaca, one of the busiest thoroughfares in the world, key to global trade, and crucial to the oil trade.

From Asia Times

"He noted that politically-motivated pirates were prepared to take greater risks to further their cause. The IMB asked the authorities to recognise the motives behind these crimes and adopt new methods of deterring them. Unfortunately, the problem persists, as is seen in the eight serious incidents that took place in the northern Malacca Strait within 12 days from June 4. The consequences would be catastrophic if terrorists were to team up with politically-driven pirates. Preventing it is a common regional responsibility."

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/commentar...,264709,00.html

Piracy, usually associated with pieces of eight, eye patches etc... has risen dramatically over the last few years, but has recieved surprisingly little press. I've had the distinct impression that the scale of piracy is so huge, especially where entire ships "disappear" that local govts must somehow be complicit.

I'd like to know what insurer has been insuring cargo and oil tankers through these waters in the last few years. Strange. You'd think they'd be losing their shirts, cravats and all.

Molson-Coors is not a merger. The Molson Family has the majority of shares. On another note LLD was here today and I can't see him getting upset by an insult from that arrogant Gas bag-Crapper. Do you remember the old Comic strip-Major Hoople-that's Crapper to a T. :lol:

Brian4,

Is it too late to get in on IVAN now that it had that large % jump today?

Kicking myself for forgetting the buy order this morning... asleep at the wheel again.

Porter in my view no- their subsidiary Sun Wing Energy is partly owned by the Chinese Government and Friedland in typical fashion let the stock price crater as they were drilling in an area of large reserves. If it were me I would buy a small initial position and then buy pull backs. Don't chase any stock! ;)

there's a bradley turn on the 11th. back in the faraway Gold Olde Days of 2002 & Early 2003, when the market regularly matched the bradley turns and direction, it 'led' the turn dates by a week or so. if now were then, i'd say the 1108 print this past monday was the aug 11th turn. if now were then.

there's a bradley turn on the 11th.  back in the faraway Gold Olde Days of 2002 & Early 2003, when the market regularly matched the bradley turns and direction, it 'led' the turn dates by a week or so.  if now were then, i'd say the 1108 print this past monday was the aug 11th turn.  if now were then.

Yepper. Unless they pull it back with BS jobs number tomorrow I would say that the turn might invert to a ST low. Or you are correct. :)

I think it be time for a Doors song again. It has been awhile.

Time to live

Time to lie

Time to laugh

Time to die

Takes it easy, baby

Take it as it comes

Don't move too fast

And you want your love to last

Oh, you've been movin' much too fast

Time to walk

Time to run

Time to aim your arrows