B4 The Bell Moonday July 26

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TE,

I'm shocked I tell ya, shocked. I seen your post over on BS. Better check you shoes cause I think ya might have stepped in some sh*t.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is good luck ain't it? :lol:

Hurst analyisis is better than Elliott or Gann,IMHO. Has someone actually responded?

Who profits from the fear of Terror?

Perle is also a managing partner in a venture-capital company called Trireme Partners L.P., which was registered in November, 2001, in Delaware. Trireme?s main business, according to a two-page letter that one of its representatives sent to Khashoggi last November, is to invest in companies dealing in technology, goods, and services that are of value to homeland security and defense. The letter argued that the fear of terrorism would increase the demand for such products in Europe and in countries like Saudi Arabia and Singapore.

The letter mentioned the firm?s government connections prominently: ?Three of Trireme?s Management Group members currently advise the U.S. Secretary of Defense by serving on the U.S. Defense Policy Board, and one of Trireme?s principals, Richard Perle, is chairman of that Board.? The two other policy-board members associated with Trireme are Henry Kissinger, the former Secretary of State (who is, in fact, only a member of Trireme?s advisory group and is not involved in its management), and Gerald Hillman, an investor and a close business associate of Perle?s who handles matters in Trireme?s New York office. The letter said that forty-five million dollars had already been raised, including twenty million dollars from Boeing; the purpose, clearly, was to attract more investors, such as Khashoggi and Zuhair.

Hillman, a former McKinsey consultant, stunned at least one board member at the February meeting when he raised questions about the validity of Iraq?s existing oil contracts. ?Hillman said the old contracts are bad news; he said we should kick out the Russians and the French,? the board member told me. ?This was a serious conversation. We?d become the brokers. Then we?d be selling futures in the Iraqi oil company. I said to myself, ?Oh, man. Don?t go down that road.?? Hillman denies making such statements at the meeting.

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?030317fa_fact

DJI (Begin/End) High...Low....Net

20 Years ....begin 741.30......end 769.98 net gain ...28.68 points

11*61 - 06*62 -216.75 -29.24% - 08 M*

06*62 - 12*66 +476.56 +90.85% - 43 M

02*66 - 10*66 -265.37 -26.51% - 08 M

10*66 - 12*68 +258.91 +35.19% - 26 M

12*68 - 05*70 -367.19 -39.92% - 17 M

05*70 - 01*73 +439.74 +70.08% - 32 M

01*73 - 12*74 -497.19 -46.59% - 23 M

12*74 - 09*76 +456.25 +80.04% - 21 M

09*76 - 03*78 -289.51 -28.21% - 19 M

03*78 - 04*81 +294.23 +39.94% - 37 M

04*81 - 08*82 -261.00 -25.32% - 16 M

Net ..28.68 .. Total # of Months -250 M

20 year (11*61 to 08*82)

Highest High 1067.20

Lowest Low 0524.55

* M = # of Months

interesting factoid........250 months.......28 point gain

ha ha ha ha

TE,

I'm shocked I tell ya, shocked. I seen your post over on BS. Better check you shoes cause I think ya might have stepped in some sh*t.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hurst analyisis is better than Elliott or Gann,IMHO. Has someone actually responded?

How about recommending a Hurst 101 I can start with TE. Some of the books looked rather pricey.

TE,

? :lol:? :lol:? :lol:

How about recommending a Hurst 101 I can start with TE. Some of the books looked rather pricey.

I would start with the man himself. He only wrote one. Check Doc's book store.

"The profit magic of stock transaction timing"

http://www.invest-store.com/capitalstool/

TE,

Yeah, you got welcomed to the " best damned site for people like them......or something like that"

:)

Go back to Bullstool and see my responses. That person is not Piles, He is the Mr. Crab avatar. Forgot the name.

I just noticed the lowered price on Hurst's book in Doc's book store. I ordered 3 copies. They make great gifts to the unschooled family memebers we discuss here. :wink2:

Item: 2141

Title: Profit Magic of Stock Transaction Timing

Quantity: 3 Unit Price: 16.15

Item subtotal: 48.45

Such a deal. Tanks End!

There are some fantastic specials in the bookstore right now. Take advantage and support the Stool!

http://www.invest-store.com/capitalstool/tl070104.html

Or just go here for Hurst. http://www.invest-store.com/cgi-bin/capita...o.cgi?item=2141

Trader-all the books are in your local Library and they are "Free"!

Granted but, It does take some time to understand Hurst, Brian. The man was an actual NASA Engineer (rocket scientist). I would suggest people actually support this palace and buy one copy for themselves. No offense to the Library. :)

It is also quite possible that a library would not have Hurst's book. It was out of print or hard to find for a long time.

Most ads are brand awareness things, like in the newspaper or on TV.  It must work, or they wouldn't spend it.  Helps pay the freight here. Without ads, the Stool could not survive.

I disagree Doc. Most advertising money is spent out of fear not because of results. The fear comes from being the only shoe maker, toothpaste seller, auto maker out there not spending kabillions of advertising. The advertising industry works mostly on selling you into that fear.

So far this year my total advertising outlay including yellow pages, web space, etc. is less than $750 or under $100 per month. Considering the 7 figure revenue number ytd, it's my guess that all advertising dollars spent beyond what I'm spending now would end up being a deduct from the bottom line. It was very unerving to break the "I must advertise" syndrome and a little scary being alone in the wilderness, but now the other dealers are wondering how I do it. It should only take them about 5 or 10 years to figutre it out. :lol:

Concur yobob............

The general rule of advertising and endorsed by the Chambers is.......

once you start to advertise you must continue to put your name before

the public.

MegaCorp or small business....but then for a small business one must

have a special or 'discount' coupond to measure any semblance of effectiveness

over and above the normal annual business cycle.

Archived