B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 22-24

Guest yobob1

"Chevron is printing money," Gheit said. "They're having Christmas in April, May and June. Gasoline prices are at record levels and they're making obscene profits."

Now you know when a stock analcyst talks about obscene profits, he know's what he is talking about, with the stock industry being about as obscene as it gets. :lol:

Stocks facing another Rocky Week. Bullwinkle a no show.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see stoolies makin some major coin......caught APOL at the high for the week and managed to short a blockat 93.50...lots of ominous charts, and with the VIX bottomed we need downside momentum to pick up/accelerate to confirm the BEAR is out of hibernation

I've seen some discussion around here about the Rydex Funds. I've used them in my IRA (can't short or trade futures).

A 4-year chart of RYVNX (2x inverse NDX):

ryvnx-072304.JPG

Looks to me like a "buy and hold" of one or more of these types of funds might be a good position play.

Doc has said in the past to avoid/be careful with the 2x funds, citing "slippage" during trading ranges. However, if the cycles are beginning to line up to the downside, which they appear to be, what's not to like about this type of play?

Be Very Afraid

If The Smart Money Is This Dumb

Fed Releases update is now posted! Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important Fed weekly releases. Doc gives you his briefs on the charts of the Fed's most important money and credit measures. Take a subscribatory and download your Fed Releases RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

I've seen some discussion around here about the Rydex Funds. I've used them in my IRA (can't short or trade futures).

A 4-year chart of RYVNX (2x inverse NDX):

ryvnx-072304.JPG

Looks to me like a "buy and hold" of one or more of these types of funds might be a good position play.

Doc has said in the past to avoid/be careful with the 2x funds, citing "slippage" during trading ranges. However, if the cycles are beginning to line up to the downside, which they appear to be, what's not to like about this type of play?

I agree. If this is the beginning of the end this 2x Nasty short fund could make some serious coin long term. Long way to go in a move lower to the October '03 lows.

post-20-1090680494_thumb.png

It's also possible that AG is more political than he would like to admit and wouldn't mind the market dropping during the Democratic convention.  Today's action to withdraw a significant amount of repo money supports that theory - but a few days actions do not make a definite trend by the Fed.

I don't see why the market dropping during the Dem convention would in any way be a plus for the Repubs. If the market is dropping, the Dems can make a big deal of it and point fingers at Repub policies. After all, who's in charge right now?

If the market is going up when they're making their speeches, it's awfully hard to convince people that their accounts aren't going to recover and it's time for regime change. Or that they need Social Security to be stable.

What am I missing here? (not being sarcastic, wondering about your rationale) Thanks.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Looks like they can't decide.

Don't overthink it. The market's dropping because it's about damn time. All of the tax cut money and all of the refi money is spent...and these companies aren't going to make more next year than they made last year. The consumer is tapped out.

Prechter changed his count months and months ago to Grand supercycle degree wave 3 ended at the 2000 high. Is it possible that he was wrong again and that was wave 5. If that is true, Then we have peaked in our technology age. Meaning we shall slow down considerably and begin to realize that LIFE and LIVING is more important then what color cell phone we carry around.

Interestigly Zoran Gayer agrees somewhat with Pretcher count.

http://www.safehaven.com/pdf/071804gayer.pdf

I tend to agree we are in wave 3, in Elliottwave terms.

What seems quite possible is a period of a big, sharp 4 appearing

as series of big selloffs and big corrections. A choppy market for years.

You are correct regarding life an living.

However, the march of technology is unstoppable, as it is the manifestation of

human intelligence attempting to solve problems we see around us. (or at least think we see)

The real trick is in channeling man's native inventiveness into useful purposes for mankind.

This is a messy process, fraught with many seemingly useless attempts.

On balance advances in science, technology, engineering, medicine, agriculture

have helped humanity. Perhaps, in the future, the point of new products

and services will be in how they improve our overall quality of life.

I must admit I am a high tech rancher, with his own ranch, trying to raise

something useful to deliver to all the city folk.

You know, scaling back and slowing down a bit sounds quite appealing these days,

but ranchers gotta ranch.

The End, always good to hear from you.

SEH

Col.Dashley wrote:

Of course we don't know what the strategy is. Market declines can always be blamed on those darn evil-doing terrorists if nothing else. The fear mongering noise level is already at a fever pitch. Hey, maybe they just let it drift down in Aug and then blast it up for the expected election erection. Several different ways this could play out in the shorter term, but the crap is going to hit the fan sooner or later.

I believe we do know what the strategy is ...... go up one or two levels and start

your integration. IMHO, When the public reporting systems for national economic wellbeing become systemically dysfunctional, serving only a differentiated society

to the nth power, it is the system that must be changed......for the math

is indisputably correct. :ph34r:

Just a friendly nod to the Stool.

Couple of weeks ago, I went to see Farenheit 911.

Left the theater thinking I didn't learn much new.

Why I pondered? Of course it was the Stool.

All the great provacative posts and links provided here lead to an education of the real situation.

We had collectively figured this out months ago.

A big thanks to all at the Stool who dig up the useful articles and post the thought provoking rants.

Great stuff.

SEH

Archived