B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 22-24

No its the critter...not a man.

Hey, what is the plural of moose? "Mooses" sounds as ungainly as mooses look. Meese, moosi?--much like fungi?

I think (utho, trouble already) plural is moose btwdik? I just occupy space and time. B)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stain- It doesn't look or feel to me like we are trying to build a bottom. By my reckoning a move to 1102 would be a start and 1115 would confirm a bottom being in. I'm looking for a death drop to 1050 something that drives the fear indicies straight up as well as the p/c ratio and then a blast off bounce. If we keep bleeding down as we are without any sign of Fear then we are going much, much lower than 1050. It's not just the Bulls that don't believe this drop few Bears do as well. ;)

At this time I'm thinking a lot of bagholders will read the weekend news about the ugly employment and econ. news and notice the Dow under 10k. - the port going in the tank and prop values starting to drop. People aren't stupid. Monday they will want out. Monday could be a barn burner.

When Maria says to short then cover. Just my opine at this time.

I pretty much agree with B4 and depends. Even if there is not a big drop on Monday, the risk factors are heavily against the bulls at this point.

Until next Thursday, there is a heightened risk of terrorist attacks - up until the keynote speech of the convention. This will also be true during the beginning of the Republican convention.

It's also possible that AG is more political than he would like to admit and wouldn't mind the market dropping during the Democratic convention. Today's action to withdraw a significant amount of repo money supports that theory - but a few days actions do not make a definite trend by the Fed.

So I say - show me the bottom bullz. :lol:

Tit For Tat:

Bigger breasts offered as perk to U.S. soldiers

Plastic surgery available on taxpayers' dime

Updated: 10:34 a.m. ET July 22, 2004

NEW YORK - The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan ?Be All You Can Be,? but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic surgery, including breast enlargements, on the taxpayers? dime.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5487712/?GT1=4244

Truth about Naval exercises:

Yet even as China was showing off its military might near the Taiwan Strait, the US was conducting its own show of force in the Western Pacific, with an exercise called Summer Pulse 2004. This exercise is one of the largest naval drills the US has conducted in years, involving seven carrier strike groups - more than 120 warships, all over the world. The Pacific aspect of the exercise was widely interpreted by Taiwanese, as well as some Chinese and US pundits, as constituting a direct challenge to China.

The commander of US Pacific Forces, Admiral Thomas B Fargo, was in Beijing on a routine regional tour, and he was warned on Friday by Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing to stop military exchanges and arms sales to Taiwan. This is precisely what Li told US National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice last week. Li said nothing about Summer Pulse 2004.

US military officials confirmed that the exercise was serving a purpose in this regard, but said it was an exaggeration to say that Summer Pulse was being held exclusively for the benefit of Taiwan and China. "It's a lie to say that the exercise is directed at China, but then again, it's a lie to say that it is not," a senior US defense source told the Asia Times Online.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/FG24Ad07.html

Ernstime- Yes i do a long term core holding. Gold if it stays down is telling us deflation is around the corner if so it rocket at some point conversely if we get inflation (which I doubt) it will rocket sooner, if it was up to me I'd stay the course. ;)

Motor mouth sounds off again. :shocked

Greenspan Says Workers' Lack of Skills Lowers Wages

By Nell Henderson

Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, July 22, 2004; Page A01

Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, disputing election-year assertions that the U.S. economy is producing lower-quality jobs than it has in the past, said yesterday that continuing wage sluggishness reflects the fact that many workers are ill-prepared to take advantage of the opportunities that the economy offers.

Growing U.S. income inequality largely reflects differences in workers' education and job skills, not an underlying problem with the economy, Greenspan said during a House Financial Services Committee hearing, echoing many of the remarks he made before a Senate committee the day before.

The growing pay gap reflects the "skill premium" commanded by relatively higher-educated, better-trained workers, and represents "a major problem of matching skills of workers to the technological base of the economy, which I believe is an education issue and requires that we address that as quickly and broadly as we can."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Jul21.html

After making bullish calls all week, Tom O'Brien ducked out of his afternoon show. What a weasel.

Probably hiding under Angie's dress. Cookin' brotha. :D

Old "brotha" said that Wed's market action was bullish. I would imagine that his "tigers" are out for blood -- his. :o :P

Archived