B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 22-24

Just something to keep in mind. PBS ran a special on some structural engineers trying to raise a model of an Egyptian obolisce using all kinds of modern engineering formulas. Upshot, had to make a scale model and physically experiment many times to do it.

Any engineer that says he can fully explain any phenomina completely is an idiot. No one forsaw the North Ridge Quake's actions which caused a complete rewrite of the building codes. I am in construction, :blink:

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, there you have it. The 9-11 attacks are now destined to be yet another historical novelty, right there with the Kennedy assassination and the attendant Warren Commission report, Pearl Harbor, Roswell Alien encounter, Nastrodamus, Egyptian Pyramids, ad nauseum. Some people believe the official stories, some don't. Once sufficient time has passed, it will become a nice moneymaker for TNT and PBS to air documentaries on. UFB.

Just something to keep in mind. PBS ran a special on some structural engineers trying to raise a model of an Egyptian obolisce using all kinds of modern engineering formulas. Upshot, had to make a scale model and physically experiment many times to do it.

Any engineer that says he can fully explain any phenomina completely is an idiot. No one forsaw the North Ridge Quake's actions which caused a complete rewrite of the building codes. I am in construction, :blink:

this isn't about explaining a phenomena completely. It's about presenting enough evidence to show that a given explanation (aka party line) about said phenomenon is false. Big difference. I'm with Sherlock, we'll never know the whole truth.

well, there you have it. The 9-11 attacks are now destined to be yet another historical novelty, right there with the Kennedy assassination and the attendant Warren Commission report, Pearl Harbor, Roswell Alien encounter, Nastrodamus, Egyptian Pyramids, ad nauseum. Some people believe the official stories, some don't. Once sufficient time has passed, it will become a nice moneymaker for TNT and PBS to air documentaries on. UFB.

mjkst.....

There is enough material there to sell airtime into infinity.

OK.

Can't take it anymore. Conspiracy theories. Come on guys.

Think cycles of socioeconomics and mass psychology and where the US was

with respect to these cycles.

I'll tell you. We were collectively at the peak of optimism and complacency

in the US, much like at the top of a bull market. Same dynamic.

There was no fear and extreme complacency. I assert the tragedy was a

collective miss of the all the signs for a "crash".

A few determined individuals can always wreak a surprising amount of havoc,

especially on a complacent group of people.

I consider 9/11 as a pentultimate example of bullish complacency coupled

with bureaucratic, governmental incompetence. A most deadly mix.

Sad that it really came down to our own inadequacies. The list is long.

A collective look in the mirror by those whose decisions could have made

a difference is the answer.

Doors on cockpits. Proper airport checks. Actual intelligence community

communication. Air traffic control alert. Emergency hijack procedures.

... and on and on.

Where the heck were these basic common sense elements before 9/11?

9/11 was tragically a preventable event. :cry: :angry:

SEH

Kean Says 9-11 Panel Wants to Release At Least Four More Reports, With Classified Documents

Sun Jul 25 2004 10:16:28 ET

New York ?Tom Kean, chairman of the 9/11 panel, tells TIME the panel hopes to release at least four more staff-written reports, some of which contain classified documents, on such topics as aviation and border security and terrorist financing. ?Interested parties may have to sue the government? to see them, according to TIME.

U.S. officials tell TIME that reports from agents and ?code talk? picked up from extremists? e-mail point to a possible al-Qaeda attack before the Nov. 2 election. Says a CIA official, ?We have some fairly specific information that al-Qaeda wants to come after us.?

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

Kean reiterated the sense of foreboding: ?An attack of even greater magnitude is possible and even probable,? he said. ?We don?t have the luxury of TIME.?

The Rudman report stated in January 2001 that US could be hit wih a major terrorist attack soon. Now Kean is saying the same thing.

Like SEH says, it's a bull-market like complacency that's the main problem. I am not optimistic that we can stop a small, determined group of sucicidal terrorists yet.

The human factor in Korea's economic woes

By David Scofield Jul 24, 2004

Sinking consumer confidence, a malaise strangling South Korea's domestic economy, has roots that go deeper than the "debt hangover", the aftermath of a spending binge that has left Korean households with a debt burden greater than residents in either the United States or the United Kingdom. South Korea's long-term growth potential is being arrested by high youth unemployment and an exodus of the country's best and brightest, two trends that could seriously impede strong economic growth in Korea for the foreseeable future.

Youth unemployment is a well-recognized problem. Recent average unemployment numbers hover around 3.3%, though reports by LG Economic Research Institute and others cast doubt upon the validity of these numbers. Government figures do not, for example, include the many unemployed workers who have given up looking for work altogether. Nor do the numbers include those working for family companies and farms, businesses that can no longer generate wages.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/FG24Dg01.html

the cultural conditioning that is instilled in everyone such that they dismiss everything "complicated" as being a "conspiracy theory" is, in itself, quite a conspiracy.

I've worked in run-of-the-mill product-development and engineering organizations my whole career. We engage in "complicated" projects. They require design, mfg. planning, testing, qualification of suppliers, etc. I guess you could call these projects "conspiracies" of a sort. If you looked into an office building through the window and without being able to hear what was being discussed, I suppose it looks like a bunch of people plotting and schemiing to do something secretive. In fact that is exactly what it is. Whatever these projects are, intelligent people engage in them to bring technology to practical fruition. They are conspiracies in that we can't let our competition know what we are doing. I see the 911 events as being similar. No weirdness, just reality. Someone planned it and executed it, and they didn't do it in 10 minutes on a dare.

Anystoolie know what Prechter/Hochberg said on Friday?

Don't know but I would like to comment on Prechter. I used to receive the EWT in the early '80s and aside from a few stinker calls on the metals markets he was spot on the broad market for quite some time. Very good. Although he is not a raging bull on the metals now I did hear him say that a position in the physical at this time would not be a bad idea. He does think we will go lower. Until a few months ago I thought he had lost his mind regarding his position on the metals. After the shows of weakness in the gold shares this year with the incredible downside volume days now I'm not so sure. The fundamentals on the metals are incredibly bullish. Why can't they rally? Maybe his call for a low between 100-200 is not so crazy after all. :blink:

Butters- Yes I saw what I saw. Fat Boy Haines the gum chewing host of Squawk Box said we have reports of a plane hitting the World Trade Centre and then they cut to someone on a Cell phone and showed Video of the hit taken if I recall correctly by some Crew shooting something else who captured the moment. Not long ago I read an article by Ted Olson who said when his wife called him on the Cell Phone and he immediately plugged into the Administration everyone knew-strange Huh! David frum who is a Canadian neo-Con who was writing speeches for Shrub recounts how when they evacuated the White House they ran to a Park across the street not knowing what else to do. But Big Swinging Dick went to the Bunker under the White house-strange again-Big swinging Dick must had faith in the bunker-Huh! ;)

Archived