B4 The Bell Humpday July 21

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1

10 year back to a nice round 4.5% Where's that flight to safety? Do I hear 5?

Those generous gaoline reserve figures sure dropped the price of crude.

OCC (option clearing) has determined that MSFT option strikes should be adjusted to account for the $3 dividend. a $25 strike will now be adjusted down to $22 strike, etc. OPtion prices should settle down in the next week setting the stage for arbitraging the dividend

That is bullshit. They should never allow for a move of a strike based on a div. Their excuse, I'm sure will be that it is a special Div. :angry:

Its SOP for a special dividend that is 10% of stock price. Applies equally to the puts & calls so the playing field remains level, as if the dividend never happened.

I am getting an intraday $nymo reading of -14 at the moment. If I remember correctly, there have been 2 negative intraday readings in the last week or two, although both melted away by the close as the ubiquitous "dip-buyers" came in to hunt for their proverbial bargains.

If today's negativity holds, it will be interesting for volume to start exploring that big empty on the other side of the oscillator. After all, we haven't been in that area since May.

post-20-1090433243_thumb.gif

Archived