B4 The Bell Tuezelday July 20

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did Greenspan just say he didn't think it would matter much if oil were denominated in a currency other than dollars?

OOOOOPS!

Rather than OOOOPS, probably sheer cockiness. Now that Putin has been signed to a multi-year contract, to be what they hope is the star power forward, giddiness and delight must be running wild within Plutocratic circles. I figure Greasepan made the comment because he knows he can; he knows that oil is going to continue being denominated in Bonars.

With control of oil, the Bonar index does not matter, a spinning plate that need no longer be tended to. In fact, they can manipulate the value of the Bonar at will, as a tool to keep the rest of the plates spinning. Bonar index at 10? At 100? At 200? It doesn't matter. Everybody needs the currency to obtain oil, and will continue to need it as far as the eye can see. As you say, it's in the script.

This is just my take on it. Time will tell whether Greasepan's endorphine-induced euphoria was on the mark or not. Will Putin follow through? If so, even all together, will the U.S., Britain, and Russia be able to subdue Iraq, so they can get oil out of there on a regular, dependable basis? I don't know.

What fuggin' difference does it make whether it comes in from the front or "backwards" from the rear, or comes in sideways and inside-out for that matter? When any society celebrates, or even allows for, the concentration of power in any small group, be it "private" or the state itself, something that fits the label "fascist" is the inevitable result, with absolute certainty.

Think about it. When the rules of private ownership (property law, legalized usury, etc.) is such that a few individuals amass great wealth, in gross proportional excess to their proportion of the population -- and then the rest of society tolerates this situation -- it is only inevitable this small group will simply take control of the state. Why? Because they can more completely cement their relatively advantageous station in society, and also, simply because they can.

Yes, the converse is equally true. When the state amasses concentrated power, from there it inevitably takes control of economic production, and the organization(s) thereof (of whatever form they take). Why? Because the individuals holding power in the state can enrich themselves, and also, simply because they can.

The result is the same either way; a small group of individuals with near total ownership and power, over everything. Fascism.

Myself, I don't care about the route taken when the destination completely stinks.

Bravo, N. Ron. ;)

Tanks, bearvest.

I felt three weeks ago that the XAU was heading for a test of recent lows. Because I am still a LT bull, I expect this trendline to hold...

Thanks to you too, Stained

That hammer on the HUI may indicate that the b wave is not complete. If so, I intend to short any rally today. I trade Elliott looking for trades to enter on C waves. Because the market spends 75% of its time meandering, that's my strategy for short term trades.

From a longer term, I'm prepared to trade options on the long side. I started to accumulate NEM puts yesterday and I'll add today, if wave b isn't complete.

I appreciate your alerting me to that long term trendline. I'll keep a watchful eye on it as my projection is that it will be broken over the next few months.

I hate this market. My miners are losing ground.

I need my chocolate frosted glazed donut!

WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Sherlock:

Bearing in mind that advice is worth what you pay for it.

Hedge the miners and cut out the carbs.

fwiw- iknowindeces calling for huge dollar rally thurs fri - particularly against yen and loonie. would this take the broads down?

If it happens, it may take the stock indices down. The inverse relationship Brian has noted has been very strong over the last few months. However, I have noticed some decoupling over the past couple weeks, overall with USD only rising mildly, if at all, while stocks have gone down quite a bit. Such inter-market relationships are undependable, being a function of a particular dominant Hedge Hog strategy at a particular time, and this can change suddenly. In my opinion, no inherent, constant relationship exists between USD and US equities.

At this point, a USD rally may take oil down. Or is it really that an oil slam-down will jam the Bonar? I don't know. Ah! I'll call by bud Vlad Putin and find out. ;)

EUR/USD been hovering just above 1.2300 this evening. It just went up to around 1.2320.

I found the following pivots.

3:00 a.m. Jam Job Central pivot = 1.2372, with flanking pivots approximately 1.2320 and 1.2420.

Other pivots, from slightly further delayed data, approx 1.2300 and 1.2350.

I put in entry stops about the 1.2320 pivot, at 1.2310 and 1.2330. If there's a jam, I hope I enter long, and it races to its 1.2372 pivot.

No strong sign yet, though spoos has ticked up a little from its flatline, as of the 2:40 a.m. (Matrix Control Time Zone) quote.

Archived