B4 The Bell Tuezelday July 13

Fed website says its a coupon pass, not a TIPS pass. Usually they identify when it is. Also, today is a net drain considering the rollover. I had a mistake in yesterday's Feed report table. The rollover is $5.5 billion.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HB- where did you find Shrub's Grad Picture?? :D

i know everybody uses shrub but to me he's king george

George's madness ultimately left the fate of the crown on his eldest son George, Prince Regent. Prince George was put in the daunting position of attempting to govern according to the increasingly erratic will of his father

http://www.britannia.com/history/monarchs/mon55.html

Fed website says its a coupon pass, not a TIPS pass. Usually they identify when it is. Also, today is a net drain considering the rollover. I had a mistake in yesterday's Feed report table. The rollover is $5.5 billion.

:P I stand corrected. I was thinking of the $3.25 from Friday as occurring yesterday - and I was under the influence of an alien when I wrote that!

However I still come to the same conclusions that the Fed is up to something(s).

DJ US Treasury 4-Wk: 1.155%; 42.92% At High

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The U.S. Treasury awarded $22.00 billion in four-week bills at Tuesday's auction at a high rate of 1.155%.

The Treasury received bids totaling $47.64 billion and accepted 22.00 billion, including $50.66 million of noncompetitive tenders. The dollar price was 99.910 and the investment rate, or bond-equivalent return, was 1.174%.

There were no tenders from foreign and international monetary authority accounts on a noncompetitive bidding basis.

The bid-to-cover ratio, an indication of demand, was 2.17, Treasury said.

Tenders submitted at the high yield were allotted 42.92%.

The Federal Reserve purchased $3.02 billion in bills for its own account. When the auction was announced, the Fed held $15.59 billion of maturing bills, and in Monday's auction the Fed purchased $12.56 billion in three- and six-month bills.

The bills awarded to the Federal Reserve are in addition to the public offering amount.

The median rate was 1.150%; that is, 50% of the amount of accepted competitive bids were tendered at or below that rate.

Dow Jones Newswires

Just read an article that says JNJ's -earnings increse of a whopping 42 cents a share was primarily die to the Company paying a lower tax rate. Doesn't that make you feel real good, add to the deficit and grow Company profits-what Crap!

brian4,

Forget JNJ, read today's lead editorial in the Wall Street Journal about how the "Breck Boy", Senator Edwards, dodged paying his "fair share" of Medicare taxes when he raked in $27 million one year as a trial lawyer.

He used a Subchapter-S arrangement, ironically because he wanted to protect himself from the lawyers! Only in America! :blink:

The Consumer is tapped out and desperation is in the air. "General Motors is offering a $5,000 cash rebate to any current GM driver who trades the old Bus in. Plus (as the Stoolies stampede for the door) GM will give $250.- to anyone breathing who test drives one of their vehicles and then buys a competitors ( hey it will help with the down payment). Today Best Buy in Vancouver rolls out the "Geek Squad" guys in white shirts, black pants, white socks and black penny loafers with short hair and horn rims who drive black and white Beetles with "Geek Squad" emblazoned on the sides and hood. They will appear on your doorstep to service any piece of crap you buy for nothing down at Best Buy (for a fee of course)-Geez are we in a mess or what-Huh! ;)

Archived