A Loss For "Words"

I dunno gang, a Bush/McCain ticket might be too much for Frankenstein and Bo Duke to overcome

070604_vp.jpg

I agree. When will the dumpster be ready for Cheney? After an "unexpected" heart ailment right before the Republican convention? :blink:

Otherwise Iraq is going to hammer GWB until the election, barring a new terrorist attack.

Edit: Don't think the Dump Cheney move will succeed without some help from Mother Nature.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the move for gold is done now, ie short term.

Time to take Suzie QQQ out for dinner. Afterwards you can take her to the club she's been wanting to go to for a few weeks now, club 38.00. I hear she's kind of bored with club 35.70 and likes to keep things fresh. Who knows maybe after going to club 38.00 you can revisit 35.70 in a few weeks.

We had a very unpopular Prime Minister in the early 80s, he was up against a fairly bland opponent,and at the last minute the bland guy was replaced by a far more "charismatic" leader who went on to win easily.

The bland guy made the lasting remark "That a drovers dog could have won this election".

I think thats what will happen there...anyone not too threatening,fairly conservative,middle of the road type guys , nice smile , folksy image...Kerry and Edwards fit the bill...

We had a very unpopular Prime Minister in the early 80s, he was up against a fairly bland opponent,and at the last minute the bland guy was replaced by a far more "charismatic" leader who went on to win easily.

The bland guy made the lasting remark "That a drovers dog could have won this election".

I think thats what will happen there...anyone not too threatening,fairly conservative,middle of the road type guys , nice smile , folksy image...Kerry and Edwards fit the bill...

I put some nice happy couple photos of them over on Political Stool:

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5862

The resilience of the Aussie market (all ords) is really surprising many bears here, some chart guys have been calling this down hard for about 1 month now,yet the bugger wont die...these chart guys are not bears,and usually are very good with their calls...lots of shorts are very frustrated...

Classic stuff Shorty,

I have done my 20 year "Tour of Duty" with politics,I used to be a political junky,but I got burned out,I dont care anymore,I make casual observations,but dont argue with anyone these days...I just dont care,I just observe the entire planet in wide - eyed amazement...

No different to arguing with people about the Stockmarket bubble or real estate bubble,everyone just thinks you are a kook... :grin:

I dont even raise my voice much these days...I talk very quietly...un-nerves some people... ;)

Sounds vaguely similar to the last Senate election here in NJ, where the last minute replacement won - despite legal challenges.

Maybe you should come over here for the election and be our official Stooltown international election observer. You would have more interesting things to say than we get from our bland media analysis.

Re: Economy

I read a lot of doom and gloom about the economy and to be honest it has an effect on my view and opinion. It's difficult to have an open mind by going through all the links on "safehaven" ;) But if I step back and filter out that "safehaven" propaganda, I'll have to tell you that the economy is doing very well. Not only that, next year looks to be a good year also.

I also hear about overvalued realestate (which is quite obvious) well have a look here

http://www.viviun.com/Real_Estate/Iraq/

These are properties in Iraq!

Speaking of Iraq, I think that if there isn't a civil war once their left on their own the Iraqi economy will be in boom mode. There's tons of money waiting to go into rebuilding it and then there's all that oil.

Hello Stooltowners...

Finally back home.

Very frustrating not to be able to participate here during the day.

Looks like some High Powered Shankings are becoming commonplace.

9000 HedgeHogs exiting at the same time on "specific stocks" which were Riverboated on Margin during the War Rally.

As bad as it looks, this decline is not near as bad as the prior ones. OSX, XAU, and XLE unfazed yet. The last decline took everything down, nothing was spared.

But of course, it may be just the beginning of a crash, and other sector might join in later.

I closed all my shorts yesterday.

5-day ARMS now at 10.91, a 52-week high.

The 2002 Boner Shots during the big bear market that summer taught me a lesson to close all shorts when the ARMS gets too high.

Will we make the plunge all the way to the 200-day without a bounce?

I doubt it.

I think Doc's c-map of 1110 will hold for now.

Maybe a 3-day SWUP, into OpEx to clean out the puts, then hard down late next week to shank the longs....

Who knows??

Guys over at FogStation posted a link that Osama 'Yo Mama is in the freezer, ready to be hauled out.

Shocked that a $32 billion Repo Blast couldn't Stick Save the market today.

I did go long on CWCO, MSA, HL today.

Still holding my OSX longs.

No shorts until we get a bounce.

Too much of a clothesline drop everywhere, never trust those to keep going.

Of course, I could be wrong, and left behind......

Off to Laguna Seca races tomorrow. Flying up in a Piper Navajo. Hope it doesn't crash........

The plane and the market, when I'm gone.....

By the way, major airline BK won't matter. MetroSexual CEO's like Richard Branson will start "Virgin Lite" here, and run all the majors out of business, with the planes staffed by 20-year old hottie flight attendants, like the good old days.

Archived