Bumping Its Head

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is either over or after a backing and filling decline, one more pop.

a= 869-931 (could be all there is) ( i counted 5 up for C of 2)

b=? 931-(890-915)

c= 958 ( a guess) :grin:

Then we should go down the crapper.

In the very unlikely event that we break 980, i will have a major problem with continuing my bearish thoughts.

My elder brother is a bit of a yachtie and hangs out with

some seriously moneyed folk. A couple months

back he did a transatlantic yacht race with a bunch of his

Wall Street pals. Anyway he rings

me this afternoon from Hong Kong and he tells

me he can't give me any details but next week

"something very BIG is going DOWN". :blink:

Despite my badgering he just repeated the above

with the same emphasis.

Given both IBM and GE report next week, I figure it must be one of the two.

I know IBM has been very strong lately and BEARX has some major

puts. So I am thinking maybe IBM or maybe both with tight stops.

phat had two (2) etrade Happy Experiences he'd like to share with the class today.

Happy Experience #1: attempt to sell stock

put an order in to close a long position in MMC 10 min before bell. garden variety order. screen pukes up "that position does not appear to be in your account" on every attempt until market close.

this gets written off to mercury retrograde, which an even cursory glance through the IDS threads will show is a doozy this time.

Happy Experience #2: transfer of funds

saturday - moved 3K from trading acct to IRA

monday - trading acct shows withdrawal of 3K and IRA shows credit of 3K

today - IRA 3K cash disappears

customer support says, "the money disappears sometimes in the middle of a transfer" and "it should show up tomorrow". no further explanation, acknowledgment that the transfer was already complete, or apology of any kind.

#1 - digital booger? probably.

#2 - digital booger? now, while phat doesn't spend his time incessantly checking the padlocks on his tapioca containers and searching for new copies of catcher in the rye, he nevertheless does get to thinking about compound interest hijinx from time to time, particularly if he's read a hypertiger post in the recent past.

it's not as easy to passively and legally collect interest from unsophisticated folks as it used to be, because everything moves too fast - AMEX reportedly used to make $300M/yr on the float from unused travelers checks that people would stick in their desk drawer until "the next trip", and that kind of thing is long gone.

so what to do? how bout this:

run a profile search on all customers with transfers completed +-2 days, X additional cash in account, no more than Y trades per month in account, net account balance in 'to' or 'from' account Z more than X, probability based on past usage they will be logged into 'to' or 'from' account in next 5 days less than A with standard deviation of B.....

your search took 0.37 seconds and returned 13,458 results.

it's compound interest time. get the satellite pointed thisaway, we gotta send some shit to zurich for 24 hours.

*sigh*.

Plusses and Minuses- SPX closed just below the 923 pivot and the dow and spx are well below the 200 day m/a's the trin is starting to rise, above average volume finally came in and still they couldn't move the bugger up-all minuses. On the plus side the Dow, SPX and OEX consolidated yesterdays gain toward the top end and Nazquack carried on upward carrying it's worthless companies on it's back. Sooo from an E wave point of view I agree pretty much with END-it has either crapped out or has another pop left-right now I lean toward the pop-which bothers me, ideally another assualt and failure on 930 would be puurfect! But a break above 930 would not (see END's comments). Watch the following tomorrow a break above 8800 on the DOW means a sharp up- a break below 8700 probably means it's over with a break of 8635 confirmation the beast is going down the crapper. Now PHAT had a bad day due to Mercury retrograde but Mercury retro generally means a top is forming-tomorrow thru Friday is a solar-lunar reversal zone which almost always signifies a huge reversal from a low or a high. So in summing up-I expect a big move between tomorrow or Friday so the markets should be volatile and hostile. Watch the numbers I've quoted and Trade Safe! (Yes-I'm still tits short)

volume finally came in and still they couldn't move the bugger up-all minuses.

and increased volume was one of the 7 reasons bob pisani enunciated on crapv why "traders are more positive today", or some such crap. another one was "yield curve steepens"....

Mercury retro generally means a top is forming-tomorrow thru Friday is a solar-lunar reversal zone which almost always signifies a huge reversal from a low or a high.

actually, the onset of mercury Rx is the dinger for a reversal (if i remember, hoodwink cited a 70% or so correspondence). once it's goin backwids, it's goin backwids.

what's a solar-lunar reversal zone?

TE, I agree with that ewave possibility too. Either way the ceiling is very near and this ain't no new bull mrkt. Still heavy in BEARX and have nice profits on screamers (BEAS, QLGC, ESRX, DISH). Does this make sense? No, and neither does the market. :o

One more pop is needed to scare bears and sucker in more bulls.

The cumulative TRINQ reading is very very low- not that I've measured it, but highest reading I can remember going back to early last week might have been 2.2 or so, and that for only a day. I can't remember so many superlow days in a row, except for when WCOM became WCOME and traded a bazillion shares at .06... every hour. Put to call ratio came close to .60 today... tons of bullishness everywhere. They can't all be right.

I'm trying to get an answer to a question.

I plotted four Fib Time Zones using Metastock. I got a cluster in mid Feb.

Is this meaningful or just a redundant result of the underlying math?

This S&P 500 chart also has my attempt at the 10-13 week cycle using ROC and Stochastics. My interpretation is that those mid Feb. turn dates mark the peak in this 10-13 week cycle. It may also mark the peak in the 10-12 month (not shown).

post-7-1041988052.png

btw b4 i joined you on the short side today. nibbling at SPX puts down on the OTM fringe, which currently is a graveyard. if we go up i'll ladder in, if we go down....i'll ladder in. the bradley arch uses has a double top - one was today and one is 19 jan or so - which suggests that we could bumble around down/up/down for a while.....although it's starting to feel like a barnyard before a thunderstorm, and i'm not convinced, especially if butt's bro is onto something.

have nice profits on screamers (BEAS, QLGC, ESRX, DISH)

pile, i missed these, and thought of you when i saw the BEAS ticker go by today (which seemed to happen a lot). something about BEAS - almost like a word, sticks in your head.

while we're on the subject....would anybody, as the CEO of a soon-to-be public concern, have allowed your company's ticker to be 'CUM'? :huh: :D

Archived