B4 The Bell Weak-end Den

It's funny how many of the things listed as Bush's accomplishments are actually related to failures. Thanks for pointing out how much of our money he is spending, and how we are in a war that requires us to withdraw troops from vital missions to throw more live bodies into the fray in Iraq.

Don't forget to add to this list the fact that Bush is also responsible for the fact the starting next summer, all of your friends and family members who have children of draft age will be faced with the biggest moral dillema of their lifetimes, as the mandatory draft is reinstated.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bush's anti corporate corruption laws were so great, how come he isn't in jail for all the money he stole from Harken energy.

Bush is a tool of anti abortion, anti privacy, right wing religious zealots, the oil and drug industries. The real leader of this government is the Prime Minister, Dick Cheney.

These creeps will either steal the election, or stage a coup d'etat under the pretense of a national emergency. By this time next year, millions of Americans will be marching in the streets as a result of this administration's illegal usurpation of power.

If Bush's anti corporate corruption laws were so great, how come he isn't in jail for all the money he stole from Harken energy.

Bush is a tool of anti abortion, anti privacy, right wing religious zealots, the oil and drug industries. The real leader of this government is the Prime Minister, Dick Cheney.

These creeps will either steal the election, or stage a coup d'etat under the pretense of a national emergency. By this time next year, millions of Americans will be marching in the streets as a result of this administration's illegal usurpation of power.

Fornicating WORD!

Heavy Duty Words From An Old Work Horse:

The United States Has Lost its Moral Authority

????By U.S. Senator Ernest F. Hollings

????t r u t h o u t | Perspective

????Wednesday 23 June 2004

We have proven ourselves "infidels." With more than 800 GIs killed, 5,000 maimed for life and a cost of $200 billion, come now the generals in command, both Richard Myers and John Abizaid, saying we can't win. Back home the cover of The New Republic magazine asks, "Were We Wrong?"

????Walking guard duty tonight in Baghdad, a G.I. wonders why he should lose his life when his commander says he can't win and the people back home can't make up their mind. Unfortunately, the peoples of the world haven't changed their minds. They are still against us. Heretofore, the world looked to the United States to do the right thing. No more. The United States has lost its moral authority.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/062704A.shtml

Well lets keep it simple- the World is united behind Shrub on the war on terror as they would be with any President. And the efforts of the World have done a good job of keeping Al Qaeda on the run. Iraq however had squat to do with the War on terror they were at the time a threat to no one, their Country was crawling with U.N. Inspectors, there were two no fly zones and they were under constant scrutiny. Because of the idiotic adventure more terrorists have been recruited than ever before and the wealth of a Nation has/is being squandered. The World did not join Shrubs adventure because they were not convinced it was just. The World Community remains united against terrorism but there job is now much harder than before. As to tax cuts, you can only cut taxes when you shrink Government, Government under Shrub has exploded in size as has the deficit. Cutting taxes under the existing scenario is not only irresponsible but dooms Americans to a lower standard of living for generations to come when the piper is finally paid!

The News Media's Political "F" Word

????By Norman Solomon

????t r u t h o u t | Perspective

????When a federal judge compares George W. Bush to Benito Mussolini, is that newsworthy?

?"In a way that occurred before but is rare in the United States ... somebody came to power as a result of the illegitimate acts of a legitimate institution that had the right to put somebody in power," Judge Calabresi told attorneys and law students at the American Constitution Society's annual convention on June 19. "That is what the Supreme Court did in Bush versus Gore. It put somebody in power."

????The 71-year-old judge, who was born in Milan before his family left Italy in 1939, added: "The reason I emphasize that is because that is exactly what happened when Mussolini was put in by the king of Italy." And Calabresi, a former dean of Yale Law School, went on: "The king of Italy had the right to put Mussolini in, though he had not won an election, and make him prime minister. That is what happened when Hindenburg put Hitler in. I am not suggesting for a moment that Bush is Hitler. I want to be clear on that, but it is a situation which is extremely unusual."

????Referring to the Supreme Court's post-election decision in 2000, Judge Calabresi said: "When somebody has come in that way, they sometimes have tried not to exercise much power. In this case, like Mussolini, he has exercised extraordinary power."

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/062604C.shtml

i will not rant here as i tend to polarize, but i go into apts on section-8 and the tenants might pay $15/month of $1,100/mo rent for a 2br/1bth. could they be crowded into a 1br/1bth unit and pay 1/2 the rent? almost certainly, and they should. I SEE the newer cars in the lots - some have so much chrome & accessories that hey look like they went thru Pep Boys with a magnet. they have more electronics in the house than i do and it usually includes a VERY LARGE TV - like maybe 48" or so. i dont watch TV, so i dont pay $100/month for cable, but they DO! if they can pay for cable, they should be paying MORE for their part of the rent - IN FACT THEY SHOULD BE PAYING ALL OF THE RENT, WHATEVER IT IS!

The trouble is that if you turn on the TV, the radio, walk past the billboards, read the papers or magazines, you are bombarded with these things called ads. The message from these ads is always the same, consume, be cool, be greedy, have fun, you deserve it, you should buy our products. That is what the people believe, because that is the message the people receive everyday.

It's not about contributing to society, but about spending as much as we can, so we can show off our wealth and feel good about ourselves. It is not as much the structure of society that has to change as the psychology. People need to be taught to be more frugal, responsible and critical.

I heard Bob Pissonme ( a real estate expert) asked on Friday whether or not the Home Sales Numbers released reflect houses that were put under contract or sales that had closed....to which he replied,

"actually I'm not quite sure - let me get back to you on that."

The odds that Pissonme didn't know the answer to this question are precisely ZERO

The Home Sales Lie

Ever wonder why the home sales stats look so good, during what is more illusion than recovery?? Well, read the fine print from the Census Bureau and you'll discover that home sales stats include offers with earnest money - not the actual sales that are closed.? Oh what fun we have with numbers, class:

Preliminary new home sales figures are subject to revision due to the survey methodology and definitions used. The survey is primarily based on a sample of houses selected from building permits. Since a sale is defined as a deposit taken or sales agreement signed, this can occur prior to a permit being issued. An estimate of these prior sales is included in the sales figure.

Put gently, if you put earnest money on a new house, it's a sale, even if it doesn't close - thus sales can be counted multiple times.?

http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

From the Federal Network (Fox News):

Foreign policy anal cyst John Loftus told Fox News that the "diplomatic solution" could involve preventing trade out of Iran and North Korea, which intelligence sources say has been sending enriched uranium to Iran.

"We're going to use a little persuasion. In the last week, virtually every carrier group in the United States Navy has been ordered to put to sea and they're heading in two directions ? one for the Arabian peninsula and the other into the Pacific. Now, just by coincidence, the largest maritime exercise in military history, RIMPAC, Operation Pacific Rim, will take place off the coast of Hawaii in August. There will be ships from eight countries involved," he said.

"In August, they will have finished their exercise and they'll be within easy sailng distance of the Korean peninsula. So, we're not going to invade Iran. We're not going to invade North Korea, but we may blockade them. Think of it as Cuba light, where our ships will stand far off from shore."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,123852,00.html

Regarding welfare programs for humanity, I would suspect that more of your tax dollars find their way into welfare programs for corporations via gov't subsidies. Could it seem pausible that the debate concerning social welfare is another bread and circus show to distract the populace from a much larger injustice. WHy you could almost argue that the extereme rich live in a system of communism where gov't handouts, tax cuts, dividend cuts, estate tax cuts, etc, serve to create economic equality for all parties with a vested interest (ie the rich.. <_< )

Regarding welfare programs for humanity, I would suspect that more of your tax dollars find their way into welfare programs for corporations via gov't subsidies. Could it seem pausible that the debate concerning social welfare is another bread and circus show to distract the populace from a much larger injustice. WHy you could almost argue that the extereme rich live in a system of communism where gov't handouts, tax cuts, dividend cuts, estate tax cuts, etc, serve to create economic equality for all parties with a vested interest (ie the rich.. <_< )

In England in the 30's Govnt subsidized employment to a large extent.

Archived