B4 The Bell Weak-end Den

Guest Icky Twerp
"The Hammer? -- DeLay got that nickname because he runs the U.S. House of Representatives with an iron fist -- has allegedly bribed his GOP colleagues to win their votes for legislation that he desperately wanted to pass in the House. He's engaged in quid pro quos with corporations seeking legislative favors, and violated campaign finance laws in Texas during the 2002 state house election contests. Now, after a seven-year truce in the U.S. House that discouraged members from filing ethics charges against one another, Rep. Chris Bell has gone to the ethics committee and filed a 187-page bombshell charging that DeLay engaged in extortion, money-laundering and other abuses of power.

Tom DeLay's Amoral Code

I wish I could find one of the local Houston Chronicle stories. . .Delay orchestrated exactly what the Dems/Move.on have allegedly done.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drawing party lines and talking partisan dogma, be it either repu or dem is playing right into their hands. They want you to think there is a deifference, there is not. I despise the shrub, but I also despised klinton, and as far as doing the bidding for wall street they were vitually identical. bobby rubin and klinton stevies friedman and shrub. Sorry, getting caught up in one or the other of the two major parties is senseless. If you want a difference vote libertarian.

FYI:

Good 990N discussion on the FinancialSense.com site radio broadcast.

As for the political discussions and what is REALLY going on...

It may very well be that we are at or beyond PEAK OIL. It may be that we in fact have a crisis at hand with respect to the amount of oil available. It may be that many in positions to know the truth of these matters are doing their best to do what they believe to be in America's best interest...lie to us about it, and do everything in their power to secure as many supply points as possible...at the tip of a gun barrel if necessary.

If this is true, I hate it. If it is not true, they sure are doing everything in their power to make my thesis appear to be true. When nothing makes sense, look in the other direction for the truth.

If it were made known to Americans that the world was running out of oil, and the issue was put to a vote...

"Do you want to go take over the world's oil supply by force, or do you want your future prospects for pursuing your American Way of Life to gradually erode, as oil supplies fail to match demand?"

Which way would you vote...really?

There is a high likelihood that this is where we are at today. Nobody wants to admit that they want to see our government go out and take over the world's oil supply, yet seemingly nobody wants to prevent it either.

Maybe we can't handle the truth.

sorry gang,  but you are dreaming if you think there is one iota of difference between Kerry and shrub.  If you want change vote libertarian, otherwise more of the same.  As an example,  no difference between nixon and klinscum,  in fact they were very similiar.

Soup I'm afraid that a vote for anyone else besides Kerry buys 4 more years of this gang.

Trader - It doesn't matter who you vote for this tims, IMO.

The matrix will pick the bonseman they desire. The voting

machines are rigged. Thats another reason why I will be voting

3rd party. What are people afrade of anyway? WW3? Thats here

already. Only a 3rd party will end it.

Current Account Deficit Poses Serious Risks: John M. Berry

June 25 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. current account deficit, a record $144.9 billion in the first three months of this year, clearly is unsustainable, and whenever it begins to unwind, it will be a painful process.

The deficit is more than 5 percent of gross domestic product, double or more the level economists say could be maintained indefinitely. At the very least, trimming it to a more manageable size will take several years during which consumption will stagnate and high long-term interest rates may hurt housing and business investment.

And the adjustment process will impose new restraints on the policy choices open to Federal Reserve officials.

All those things happened in the late 1980s, the last time the U.S. was forced to make such an adjustment after years of living beyond its means.

Or it could be worse. Gerald Corrigan of Goldman Sachs Group Inc., a former president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, speaking at a Boston Federal Reserve Bank conference last week, warned that an abrupt reduction of the country's external deficit could pose ``systemic risks'' for world financial markets.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...id=az8ywcXba0.M

Bank chief signals new interest rate rise

By Paul Waugh, Evening Standard Deputy Political Editor

24 June 2004

The Governor of the Bank of England today gave a clear signal that interest rates are set to rise again as he repeated his warning of a house price downturn.

Mervyn King said the public should be aware they risked being "financially embarrassed" if they assumed property values would continue to go up.

A third consecutive monthly rise in interest rates now looks likely next month. Rates have risen by two successive quarter points to 4.5 per cent.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...ning%20Standard

Doc's response.

The source of that story is the Republican party. There is a difference between facts and Republican Party propaganda. My assumption would be that anything that comes from the GOP website is pure propaganda. Facts are facts. The Republican Party is a propaganda machine. Their only use of facts is to twist them.

1.The source of the Moveon.org funding is from the Capitol Research Center http://www.capitalresearch.org/about/

2. And the DNC is not a propaganda machine?

As to the alleged facts, that Theresa Heinz may or may not have given a few bucks to this organization does not make it an official organ of the Democratic Party. It does not change the fact that Moveon removed the offensive comparison to Hitler from its website. It does not change the fact that George Bush's own website DID, in FACT, compare Kerry to Hitler.

3. $ 4 million is not a few bucks unless you are Doc or Theresa. :)

4. If you look at the video it does not compare Kerry to Hitler. And the footage even had the Moveon.org logo splashed across the video.

God bless Theresa Heinz. She is a great woman. I am glad that she supports liberal causes.

5. Be very careful what you wish for. How can you think she is so great when her organizations help the Hezbollah widows of the murders of innocent Israeli's.

a. Heinz Kerry-Funded Web Site Praises Hezbollah

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/15/140140.shtml

b. Women's eNews is a nonprofit independent news service covering issues of concern to women and their allies. An incubator program of the Fund for the City of New York, Women's eNews is supported by our readers; reprints and licensing fees; and the Fund for the City of New York, the Teresa and H. John Heinz III fund of the Heinz Family Foundations, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Barbara Lee Family Foundation, the Rockefeller Family Fund, The Helena Rubinstein Foundation, the Sister Fund, the Starry Night Fund.

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn...context/archive

I hope John Kerry wins. George Bush is bad for America and bad for the world.

That's a fact almost all of us can agree on.

6. Most but not all

You want politics here, you got it. But I will publicly disagree with opinions posted here which run contrary to my own. When right wing views are espoused, I will answer.

Finally, opinions are fine, they are like azzholes. Everybody has one. :)

Your tax dollars at work.

The multibillion robbery the US calls reconstruction.

Click Here

Excellent piece,Grot.Lucid and well-written.

Saw an item on tv here recently that discussed some of the reasons for Iraqi discontent.Contractors are paying $1,000/day to westerners prepared to work in Iraq.Meanwhile a member of the newly recruited police force gets paid $50 or $100 per month.Naturally, the Iraqi's know this.Wouldn't you be pissed in this great new democracy they are building!

It is fascinating to see how a bear site like CS can throw up a group of such strange bedfellows,nowhere else could you possibly find such an array of people from such diverse political and religious backgrounds,with such extreme opposite views of the world,and yet on the whole it doesnt implode on itself,maybe being a bear over powers all other feelings and we know that the rest is only of limited importance by comparison...

Anyway I have been telling people that real estate in Australia is dead in the water ,I believe my business is the "canary in the coalmine".

My business is a Moving company,I move people when they sell their house,this part of my business has plummetted by 95% since March...no-one is moving.

I had 3 phone calls this week,I usually get 10 to 15 a day at this time of year,I get 30 to 40 when its the busy season...I got 3 for the week???

I have a $35000.00 Full page Yellowpages advert this year (one of only 22 companies in the State) and still the phones aint ringing.

Sales for the 3 months ending June 30 look like being the worst in 14 years by a wide,very wide margin...I am somewhat fortunate that my corporate clients have been steady,but the companies who rely solely on domestic removals must be getting killed,especially as most have really expanded over the last 2 to 3 years and now Work and rates have plunged.

I have halved my business from 12 to 6 trucks,and just this week put another 3 trucks on the market,I might have left it too late to sell,but I at least own nearly all of my trucks outright.

I am even feeling the pinch slightly,mainly because that part of my business gave me cashflow,my corporates take forever to pay,so if I am feeling the pinch,I cant imagine how the others must be feeling.

It is happening people,take my word for it,its all over,real estate will bring the whole thing down,I know we have them,they are completely stuffed,most have so much debt and the economy is really starting to deteriorate...what we have talked about for all these years is actually happening here in OZ,its actually happening...It is unravelling,has been for the past 3 to 4 months,I really do believe it will start to speed up and unravel very quickly from here,within weeks I feel...reality will hit people like a brick,slight concern amongst small business people will turn to sheer panic....

Heh heh, the political debate is heating up on the board I see :) Good. A little honest exchange of views is what this country needs.

Secret societies? If the purpose is to do good, then why the secrecy?

Expose all the views, ideas, and agendas to the light of day I say - the good will thrive and the evil will shrivel. That is why evil clings to the dark places and hides in unseen corners.

Bush is an evil idiot on a mission. That's a bad combination.

As far as Kerry goes, he strikes me as a man who started off in the 70's as an idealist with the best of intentions. Somewhere along the way though, he has become an opportunist. A strategist. Out of necessity I suspect, or he would not be in the position he is in - with a chance to be president (a systemic issue). He will blow whichever way political opportunity and prudence dictates, just like all the rest of them.

The positive I see is that the tide of opinion in America is changing. War is no longer popular, therefore Kerry will attempt to find a way for America to "gracefully" exit Iraq. More importantly, he will avoid a conflict elsewhere like the plague. This is the only hope I have for Kerry.

All the other stuff - the political and corporate corruption - will continue without so much as a blink.

FYI:

Good 990N discussion on the FinancialSense.com site radio broadcast.

As for the political discussions and what is REALLY going on...

It may very well be that we are at or beyond PEAK OIL.  It may be that we in fact have a crisis at hand with respect to the amount of oil available.  It may be that many in positions to know the truth of these matters are doing their best to do what they believe to be in America's best interest...lie to us about it, and do everything in their power to secure as many supply points as possible...at the tip of a gun barrel if necessary.

If this is true, I hate it.  If it is not true, they sure are doing everything in their power to make my thesis appear to be true.  When nothing makes sense, look in the other direction for the truth.

If it were made known to Americans that the world was running out of oil, and the issue was put to a vote...

"Do you want to go take over the world's oil supply by force, or do you want your future prospects for pursuing your American Way of Life to gradually erode, as oil supplies fail to match demand?"

Which way would you vote...really?

There is a high likelihood that this is where we are at today.  Nobody wants to admit that they want to see our government go out and take over the world's oil supply, yet seemingly nobody wants to prevent it either.

Maybe we can't handle the truth.

Plunger, your rant reminded me of "Three Days of the Condor" with Robert Redford.

Great flick and if proves once again that art imitates life. Anyone who has never seen that one should rent it..

NE

Heh heh, the political debate is heating up on the board I see :) Good. A little honest exchange of views is what this country needs.

Secret societies? If the purpose is to do good, then why the secrecy?

Expose all the views, ideas, and agendas to the light of day I say - the good will thrive and the evil will shrivel. That is why evil clings to the dark places and hides in unseen corners.

Bush is an evil idiot on a mission. That's a bad combination.

As far as Kerry goes, he strikes me as a man who started off in the 70's as an idealist with the best of intentions. Somewhere along the way though, he has become an opportunist. A strategist. Out of necessity I suspect, or he would not be in the position he is in - with a chance to be president (a systemic issue). He will blow whichever way political opportunity and prudence dictates, just like all the rest of them.

The positive I see is that the tide of opinion in America is changing. War is no longer popular, therefore Kerry will attempt to find a way for America to "gracefully" exit Iraq. More importantly, he will avoid a conflict elsewhere like the plague. This is the only hope I have for Kerry.

All the other stuff - the political and corporate corruption - will continue without so much as a blink.

I think the main point for me is real close to home. My son turns 18 next week. Do you think I want him fighting some bullshit war over effen oil? Find something else to use for C sakes. We've been running out of oild for 50 years. Now we realize it? Vote this sick ba$tard out before he has all our kids getting shot up for Cheney's freaking oil options. Enough of this sick stupidsilver spoon ba$tard already. Maybe Kerry won't get my flesh and blood shot up or beheaded. That's my bottom line. If it saves lives I'll drive around at 40mph in an electric car. Screw it.

From the Edmonton Sun:

OTTAWA -- Canadians remain hopelessly deadlocked with just two days to go before they vote in Monday's general election, a Sun Media poll conducted by Leger Marketing suggests. The survey of 3,101 Canadians conducted between June 21 and 24 shows the Liberals at 33% of national support followed by the Conservatives at 32% and the NDP trailing far back with 17%.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/.../26/515065.html

They predict the Bloc Quebecois will win at least 43 seats in Quebec!

Wow, what a mess. But at least they won't be able to pass any new freedom infringing legislation :)

Archived