B4 The Bell Weak-end Den

Hey Drano,

This week will be interesting to say the least. Still holding all my gold & silver mining stock. Still have puts on WMT, CECO BBH, DHI, PHM & SMH. Really want to do puts on HGX. Only Long positions other than PM's that I have are TLAB 05 calls 7.5 strike.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Confused I would simply say this-are you ready to KILL someone with your weapon?? Without remorse?? I doubt it ! Most Cowboys i know are long on Hardware and very Chickenshit on Killing as they should be!

B4,

No desire to kill anybody. Will run first. Will avoid any confrontation at all cost. But will not be a victim. This is not about being a cowboy. Love ya bro.

CFA.

I don't agree with the Liberal anti-Bush agenda.

One need not be a "Liberal" to bash Shrub and his corrupt regime. This administration is dominated by fascist-leaning neocons and right-wing religious lunatics. That in itself is reason enough for all thinking people to want to depose the Idiot Prince (as B4 likes to say).

I've been following politics since LBJ was in power. Shrub is the dumbest Pres we've had since Gerald Ford, the most incompetent since Jimmy Carter, and the most corrupt since Nixon -- all rolled into one despicable, embarrassing thug.

Other than that, I can see your point... <_<

Luv you to CFA-but from here on in it's HARDBALL no jokes, no lies -are you ready I doubt it!

B4

I'm "Confused" at your response?

B4,

I wasn't being flip. Have PMed you and acted on your repsonses. Respect your opinion and look forward to it. What's up with the response? I will protect my family -- as a last resort only -- I don't care for "cowboys" either.

Confused

Did I mention gun control. The US is the most violent western "democracy" because anyone who wants a handgun can get one.

It's a damn disgrace.

Doc, I beg to differ. If having guns was such a bad idea the expats in SA would not be allowed to carry them. And I'll give up my right to own when the Israeli citizens give up theirs. The Swiss have the right to carry and Switzerland is not a violent country. The move to disarm the American citizens is right along the Fahrenheit 451 and the Matrix operation or what have you. There is no truth or basis to your emotional lashing against gun rights. Gun rights are the fundamental right to "self defense". You are defenseless if you are unable to arm yourself, and that's how the Matrix wants it. I will cut this short now, but please bear in mind that the other side of this argument is also "deeply" committed to its point of view.

please bear in mind that the other side of this argument is also "deeply" committed to its point of view.

Gun rights is probably the last remaining issue where I can find common ground with the Repugnicans. I'll take my chances with the Demoncrats, though, to fend off the corporate-fascist-religiously impaired right-wing mentality that has become mainstream Repugnican thinking.

For better or for worse, the US has been largely footing the bill for NATO for decades, so it figures that European countries can spend more money on social programs

After living in Holland for many years, I am convinced that US citizens would refuse to pay the kind of taxes that they pay over there:

18% sales tax

the annual capital gains tax based on the theoretical earnings of your portfolio, whether or not you actually earned anything from your investments

the tax paid for owning your own home since you "save" on not having to spend money on rent

payroll taxes so high that when I cut my hours back 50%, I took home only 10% less than when I was working fulltime (to the amazement of my co-workers)

It's great that they have a real safety net for people there, but the malaise and the huge number of people who float along on disability for "psychological" reasons was astonishing.

please bear in mind that the other side of this argument is also "deeply" committed to its point of view.

Gun rights is probably the last remaining issue where I can find common ground with the Repugnicans. I'll take my chances with the Demoncrats, though, to fend off the corporate-fascist-religiously impaired right-wing mentality that has become mainstream Repugnican thinking.

Stained,

Haven't you noticed? The corporate fascists ARE the Democrats! Here in silicon valley all the tech people are pretty much Democrat voters, then they F their shareholders with their options schemes.

There is no differences from one party to another, except the Democrats have more of a desire to disarm people.

For better or for worse, the US has been largely footing the bill for NATO for decades, so it figures that European countries can spend more money on social programs

The cold war ended in 1989, fifteen years ago. NATO is an obsolete organization whose only reason for existence today is to promote US world domination. Empire comes with a price. The question all the right-wingers have to ask themselves is "Is it worth it"?

Haven't you noticed? The corporate fascists ARE the Democrats! Here in silicon valley all the tech people are pretty much Democrat voters, then they F their shareholders with their options schemes.

There is no differences from one party to another, except the Democrats have more of a desire to disarm people.

:mellow:

All right-wingers, Randites, religious fanatics, and NRA types are trapped in an obsolete cold war mindset that makes them the perfect unwitting bidders for the ruling class. Wake up and smell the coffee, folks. The Repugs are as far right as they have ever been in the history of our once proud Republic and the Demoncrats are right of where center was just about a decade ago.

Drawing party lines and talking partisan dogma, be it either repu or dem is playing right into their hands. They want you to think there is a deifference, there is not. I despise the shrub, but I also despised klinton, and as far as doing the bidding for wall street they were vitually identical. bobby rubin and klinton stevies friedman and shrub. Sorry, getting caught up in one or the other of the two major parties is senseless. If you want a difference vote libertarian.

Generally agreed. Never forget that El Presidente Arbusto (Spanish for 'bush', clever bastid, eh) could not Be All He Could Be without the voting support of the Congressional Democrats on the Patriot Act and the Iraq war itself - and that, my friends, are the facts. As well as the election itself, why did not even someone like Ted Kennedy support the House Democrats' challenge to the Florida poll? They only needed one senator. It shows the fix was in on the Democrat/Gore side to toss the election to Senor Arbusto.

One thing Farenheit 9/11 shows: Bush ain't stupid. A vulgar fratboy, and probably motor-neural brain-damaged, but that's not the same as stupid.

Like him or not, GWB was able to convince most of the world at the least not to interfere with his empire building plans. Even more amazing is that our potential enemy, the Chinese, have been big buyers of US bonds. Someone has to be on the other side of the $600 billion current account deficit and so far there has always been a country or two that picks up the tab.

The transfer of the world savings to the US has been tremendously supportive of the economy and indirectly even military adventures. Effectively we in the US get the goods and the rest of the world gets fiat paper in return. If something from the US using that paper money is not demanded in return from foreigners, the US gets to maintain a standard of living higher than can produce on its own.

It appears that the Chinese and Russians love Arbusto-san. The Indians were too, until the BJP got the boot. The're playing SEG's 'the worse, the better' game - surely they've heard of Lenin in Moscow and Beijing. How else to explain why Putin suddenly came out with his Bush-supportive "we warned them about the Al Qaeda-Saddam link" statement?

So what if China takes a beating on its T-Bond holdings? The worlds' most dynamic _producer_ doesn't need no freaking pieces of paper over the long run. In the 19th century the US didn't need them either - it didn't really even have a national currency over most of that century. Just as Putin plays along with Bush's lies, so the Chinese play along with the notion that US paper has "value". They already know the stuff can never be redeemed. They might as well be holding Confederate-Czarist Bonds.

And on a related note, wouldn't a serious Libertarian presidental candidate tend to take votes from the _Republicans_? I wish they would!

Archived