• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sleddog.........Crazy Horse lives.............Reagan was in the movie

Incidently..........after u.s. troops countered and put down Indian insurection

after Custer debacle.........is when Homestake Mining layed claim

and began mining Black Hills.

yup...........it's always about resources

I think that we may have found ourselves another Saddam.

"BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's prime minister vowed to crush Baathist die-hards and foreign militants he blamed for killing more than 100 people in a day of suicide bombings and attacks meant to sabotage next week's move toward Iraqi rule."

Iraq's Allawi Vows to Crush Rebels Sowing Violence

May I suggest, instead, "The Shah of Iraq"?

I sure thought it would be Chalabi, tho'...8^0...

Chalabi was just a little too corrupt for the administration, if that is possible. He also had a tendency to wander off the script they handed him. He might have still been safe with being a lying theif, but no way were they going to let him do any indepentent thinking.

-1.5B net looks like.

That's right. It looks like I was wrong and they are saving their silver repo bullets for Monday and Tuesday to launch a post-FOMC meeting applause rally and/or post Iraq handover applause rally.

GWB and Chain-knee both very tresty lately so they probably put some pressure on AG in one of their many secret meetings to make a strong showing next week - for the sake of national security of course.

ECRI - Pace of US economic growth at lowest level in 15 months

down 10 percentage points from last AUG

down 8 percentage points in last 14 weeks

Tanks Roq.

The end of extraordinary tax refunds, higher energy prices, and almost no new refinancing money. Yep if you have less money you usually can't spend as much.

The marginal sources of economic stimulus - mostly a great expansion in deficit spending and the refinancing boom - are gone and nothing has stepped up to the plate yet to replace them.

Tanks Roq.

The end of extraordinary tax refunds, higher energy prices, and almost no new refinancing money. Yep if you have less money you usually can't spend as much.

The marginal sources of economic stimulus - mostly a great expansion in deficit spending and the refinancing boom - are gone and nothing has stepped up to the plate yet to replace them.

Tough to see what could take the place of another refi boom. It was very widely dispersed, easy to execute, non-taxable and the sheer magnitude of money is mind numbing.

I'll take it one step farther and say that 1% fed funds is not as stimulative as it once was. Much like a drug addict the economy has reached steady-state at 1% and needs a larger dosage to feel the difference.

Tanks Roq.

Tough to see what could take the place of another refi boom. It was very widely dispersed, easy to execute, non-taxable and the sheer magnitude of money is mind numbing.

I'll take it one step farther and say that 1% fed funds is not as stimulative as it once was. Much like a drug addict the economy has reached steady-state at 1% and needs a larger dosage to feel the difference.

Right.

The Fed now is clearly ratcheting up its rate of monetary expansion. It's sad to think that the injection of the 1.25% solution, 4% below inflation, is not stimulative enough to keep the economy going.

Check out this monetary base chart, too big to reproduce here:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/usfd/page3.pdf

an upgrade of Mcafee yesterday....resulted upon my start-up this morning

in the knock out and deletion of the / Start-DU / trojan that has been on

my machine for 2 weeks.........................................................................

Archived