May 2003

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030501-9.html

For Immediate Release

Office of the Vice President

May 1, 2003

Remarks by the Vice President to the Heritage Foundation

The Ronald Reagan Building

Washington, D.C.

Yet, in a post-September 11th world, Heritage was among the first to recognize that we cannot to continue to rely upon these old, Cold War doctrines in the future. How do you contain rogue states willing to provide terrorists with weapons of mass destruction? How do you deter terrorists who have no nation to defend and who are willing to sacrifice their own lives in order to kill Americans?

These problems will define the new era in American foreign policy. They are problems that the American government has never before faced, and they require new thinking, courageous leadership and bold action.

Fortunately, in this period of challenge, the United States has a leader in President Bush, who has the patience and the resolve and the moral clarity necessary to wage the war on terror and to win it. (Applause.)

The President has made clear from the very beginning that this will be a long and a focused effort, not only because the terrorists operate in the shadows, but because they also enjoy the backing and support of outlaw states. It is this alliance between terrorist networks seeking weapons of mass destruction and rogue states developing or already possessing these weapons that constitutes the gravest threat to America's national security.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
News.com.au reports a House sized Meteor fell on the New South Wales South Coast last night although the explosion was witnessed they have not as yet found the Meteorite. Aussie Bear can probably tell us more! ;)

Can't really help much on that one..

http://www.abc.net.au/nsw/news/200406/s1134005.htm

Police have given up the search for a meteorite seen above the Illawarra escarpment south of Sydney.

ABC Illawarra received numerous reports of sightings from members of the public.

The original report said the meteor was the size of a house.

Police say they found no trace of space rock.

The size of a HOUSE, wouldn't want that coming thru your roof :o

Regarding Putin's announcement today that Russia had warned the Administration of plots by Iraq to commit acts of terror on U.S. soil in advance of the invasion of Iraq, the U.S. State Department responded today...and I'm paraphrasing here:

""We have no wingohockingmoyamensinging idea what Putin is talking about!"

With respect to the horrible and unfortunate killing of an American Contract employee in Saudi Arabia, we are now asked to believe that the LEADER OF AL QAEDA IN SAUDI ARABIA was actually in the process of disposing of the body himself...and was caught in the act and killed.

Uh huh...sure...got it!

Is this The Theater Of The Absurd???

Do any of these people have any idea how outrageously stupid we would have to be to fall for all of this shit?

What's Next?

Everytime some bad news hits this administration, something horrible happens around the world to change the subject.

Remember the WAR CRIME/CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY scandal?

Remember yesterday when Rumsfeld admitted that he ordered an Iraqi detainee removed from the theater of war for interrogation in direct violation of the Geneva Conventions?

Don't remember???

I'll help you keep track.

Maximum uncertainty in the geo-political and geo-economic realm....

THE UNRAVELING

by Jim Puplava

Storm Watch Update

June 18, 2004

The Unraveling is a nice recap of the bearish position.

On the beheading, the shock of this event might obscure the great efforts the Saudis made to find the killers. They succeeded but too late. Interesting how GWB, before he knew that, stated that the US would hunt down the killers.

I don't know what the implications of what GWB said are, but the implications of the Saudi effort is that they are now in a state of war with Al Queda within SA. The true strength or weakness of AQ and Saudi royal family will be exposed in the coming weeks. If the royal family gains the upper hand, then we might see oil drop back some. If AQ makes progress, oil is going to double.

It's hard to know what will happen next.

Saudi authorities had stepped up their efforts to find Mr Johnson as the deadline loomed. Some 15,000 security officers swept through Riyadh, going from door to door in some areas and visiting about 2,000 sites.

BBS - Militants behead US hostage

To their credit, my assumption is that the Saudis already had this AlQaeda operative in prison for quite a while, and just had in mind to assassinate him and three others they held in prison in the even the American was killed, and then created a cover story that would be acceptable to the civilized world while sending a deterrant message to AlQaeda to prevent future kidnappings.

1 dead American = 4 dead AlQadea

Would you like to play again?

Maximum uncertainty in the geo-political and geo-economic realm....

THE UNRAVELING

by Jim Puplava

Storm Watch Update

June 18, 2004

The Unraveling is a nice recap of the bearish position.

On the beheading, the shock of this event might obscure the great efforts the Saudis made to find the killers. They succeeded but too late. Interesting how GWB, before he knew that, stated that the US would hunt down the killers.

I don't know what the implications of what GWB said are, but the implications of the Saudi effort is that they are now in a state of war with Al Queda within SA. The true strength or weakness of AQ and Saudi royal family will be exposed in the coming weeks. If the royal family gains the upper hand, then we might see oil drop back some. If AQ makes progress, oil is going to double.

It's hard to know what will happen next.

Saudi authorities had stepped up their efforts to find Mr Johnson as the deadline loomed. Some 15,000 security officers swept through Riyadh, going from door to door in some areas and visiting about 2,000 sites.

BBS - Militants behead US hostage

I thought so too.

Just stand by for more attacks on Western workers since the House of Saud

is under attack also.

Better that even chances US will be called in to help Saud at some point.

At least I am not the only one noticing the trend.....

http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/pe_columnis...47,00.htmlMolly Ivins: Budget cuts follow when Bush praises a program

By MOLLY IVINS, Creators Syndicate

June 8, 2004

AUSTIN, Texas ? As Lily Tomlin observed, "No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up." But as Con Ed used to say, dig we must. Courtesy of David Sirota at the americanprogress.org website, we find the following matches between word and deed:

Just before Memorial Day, Veterans Affairs Secretary Anthony Principi said, "Our active military respond better to Republicans" because of "the tremendous support that President Bush has provided for our military and our veterans." The same day, the White House announced plans for massive cuts in veterans' health care for 2006.

Last January, Bush praised veterans during a visit to Walter Reed Army Medical Center. The same day, 164,000 veterans were told the White House was "immediately cutting off their access to the VA health care system."

I found it particularly interesting that tonight I heard Kudlow say:

"Don't you think they're going after these soft targets because they're finding it impossible to attack the Saudi oil infrastructure?"

Uh, Larry...how hard is it to hit a pipe in the middle of the desert with an RPG?

It happens every day in Iraq.

Well after this week we can expect, yes more of the same crap. Probably slam metals, jack up bond prices and above all make sure the Dow shows no decline.

Respectfully disagree, Yobob.

Back in January, I was pounding the podium telling the largely moribund Stoolies that the cyclical bull market of 2003 was coming to an end. Now I am pounding the podium to explain to the once again moribund crowd here that a Wave 3 decline is likely to begin within a week.

The 6/17 Bradley turn on Thursday was a low. Another turn is due on Monday +/- a day. If it is a top, more than likely it will turn out to be THE top of the Wave 2 corrective wave. If it is a bottom, then I believe THE top shows up by Friday.

I have four charts that I offer as support. They're mostly sentiment based so you crowd psychology skeptics will remain unfazed I'm sure.

Chart 1 shows that the put/call ratio is finally turning in the bear's favor...

post-20-1087615559_thumb.gif

Here's a little gem I uncovered some time ago. CPI inflation just moved above 3% in May and could quite possibly exceed 3.5% in June. There have only been five instances in the past 32 years when inflation went from under 3 to over 3.5% and four of them are associated with noteworthy bearish occasions. They include the onset of the 73-74 megabear in December 1972, the 1987 bear and crash, the beginning of the secular bear in March 2000, and the onset of the May 2001 waterfall. The fifth, somewhat less dramatic instance, occurred during the 83 bear market.

post-20-1087616425.gif

Archived