B4 the Bell Weakend Thread

Guest yobob1

Guest yobob1

Well after this week we can expect, yes more of the same crap. Probably slam metals, jack up bond prices and above all make sure the Dow shows no decline. We must re-elect Bushco at all costs or the truth may actually escape and there would be calls for keel-hauling, plank walking, and yardarm swinging. Unfortunately these time honored traditions have been mostly forgotten.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone at The Matrix is about to get canned. How did this one slip through?

U.S. consumers -- whose spending makes up more than two-thirds of gross domestic product (GDP) in the world's largest economy -- are too deeply in debt and vulnerable to interest-rate increases.

The U.S. government is also too deeply in debt.

Oh, and there's too much debt in Japan, the world's second-largest economy, too.

There's a housing bubble in the United Kingdom.

There's a bubble in commodity prices, too.

The U.S. dollar is overvalued by 20 percent, propped up by an inflow of foreign capital that can be reversed at any time.

Hedge funds and banks are taking advantage of low short-term interest rates to indulge in the "carry trade," in which money is borrowed at cheap short-term rates and then invested in other stuff, leaving all such investors vulnerable to a pop in rates.

Article Here

Maximum uncertainty in the geo-political and geo-economic realm....

THE UNRAVELING

by Jim Puplava

Storm Watch Update

June 18, 2004

The markets don't look right to me. They appear to be out of order. Uncertainty is everywhere. Geopolitical risks abound from Central Asia and the Middle East to the American ballot box. Financial risks have never been greater with asset bubbles consistently inflating, fed by an avalanche of debt. Speculation is rampant with banks and hedge funds borrowing short and investing and lending long as well as households borrowing short and investing long in real estate. Despite record amounts of consumer, business, and government debt, financial markets remain complacent to the threat of higher interest rates.

An economy and stock market that is this levered is far more vulnerable to small movements in interest rates?even if they are measured. On the economic front, America's twin deficits keep expanding as our nation goes deeper in debt. Yet, the dollar has been in a rally mode since the beginning of the year. Inflation is also on the rise and is visible everywhere you look, but gold and silver prices have been falling.

What we have here is financial alchemy and I can't help but believe this is going to end badly. There is simply too much risk and uncertainty. What astounds me is the fact that investors seem oblivious to it all.

more: http://www.financialsense.com/stormwatch/o.../2004/0618.html

Hey Bearman!! Thought ya might like this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A guy was traveling through Mexico on vacation when,

lo and behold, he lost his wallet and all identification.

Cutting his trip short, he attempts to make his way

home but is stopped by the Customs Agent at the border.

"May I see your identification, please?" asks the

agent. "I'm sorry, but I lost my wallet," replies the guy.

"Sure, buddy, I hear that every day. No ID, no

crossing the border," says the agent.

"But I can prove that I'm an American!" he exclaims.

"I have a picture of Ronald Reagan tattooed on one

butt cheek and a picture of George Bush on the other."

"This I gotta see," replies the agent. With that,

Joe drops his pants and bends over in front of the agent.

"By golly, you're right!" exclaims the agent. "Go on

home to Boston."

"Thanks!" he says. "But how did you know I was from

Boston?"

The agent replies, "I recognized the picture of John

Kerry in the middle."

All of the doublespeak regarding what BushCheney actually said about the OsamaSaddam connection is just ridiculous. There words are written in a letter to Congress on the day the war started, and they clearly stated that a part of the reason for the invasion of Iraq was in response to the attacks of 9/11.

Ask yourself this simple question:

How could it be that over 50% of the citizens of the U.S. (and likely 70% of the soldiers on the ground in Iraq) became convinced that at least in part, the war against Iraq was to avenge the attacks of 9/11? How did that happen?

How many commanders and generals have pumped up their troops morale by invoking the imagery of 9/11? Where did they get the idea that the war in Iraq was a response to 9/11?

Apparently polls indicate that presently, many American's are not convinced that the economy is in recovery. As a result, the entire administration is putting on a full-court press to correct this wrong-headed assertion by these confused Americans. Why then wasn't the same effort given to correct the American public when the polls clearly indicated that over half of the citizens of the U.S. thought that Saddam was somehow involved in the 9/11 attacks?

If they are so concerned about keeping the public informed about the truth, and the polls at the time clearly showed that the public thought something that was untrue, why did they not act to inform us that our perceptions had somehow been illformed?

Connecting the dots

"You can't distinguish between Al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror," Bush asserted in a press conference six months before the invasion of Iraq. And if fully half the American public leaped to the erroneous conclusion that Iraq bore some responsibility for the 9/11 attacks, well, that wasn't the president's fault, was it?

One is reminded of Samuel Butler's observation that "the best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way."

As for Bush's insistence that there is no direct contradiction between his vague assertions of a Saddam-Osama connection and the 9/11 commission's conclusion that there was never any cooperation between the two, well, that depends on what your definition of "is" is, doesn't it?

The bottom line is that this president's pants are on fire -- again.

http://www.freep.com/news/metro/dicker18_20040618.htm

Beardrech...

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030319-1.html

Presidential Letter

Text of a Letter from the President to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate

March 18, 2003

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)

Consistent with section 3(B) of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public Law 107-243), and based on information available to me, including that in the enclosed document, I determine that:

(1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic and other peaceful means alone will neither (A) adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq nor (B) likely lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq; and

(2) acting pursuant to the Constitution and Public Law 107-243 is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

Sincerely,

GEORGE W. BUSH

Bush June 17, 2004: This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al Qaeda.

ENOUGH SAID?

NAT got clobbered the last two days. It had a key reversal yesterday, followed by more selling (on good volume). I remain a shareholder. I am sorry If any stoolie got in over the last two days. IMHO, the trade will work out. FWIW, I am in at 24 on NAT and reinvest the Dividens. VLCCF has held up very well.

I sold ALVR at a 12% profit. That kinda made up for the (on paper) gain in the past week of NAT.

Again, Sorry if any stoolie got in NAT over the last two days.

Guest Icky Twerp

I can't believe my ears.

McCain on CSPAN introducing Bush in Nevada with flowery words of praise for his war on Terror and Iraq.

Some pay-off... what happened to Kerry/McCain... HAH!

Archived