Has anyone seen the latest communications toys being advertised on TV lately? Cell phones with friggin cameras built in, "My Moto, you Moto, Moto Moto" phones with gobs of excess CPU available so there's better games onboard than SEGA, etc. ad nauseum. Who's buying this crap? I can't wait to see what the next generation of wireless crap is that's coming from "over the horizon". The yuppy Silly Valley execs can plan and spend and build the shit all they want, but no one's going to be buying it. Remember, it's all about profit growth. The level of technological capability is skyrocketing, and it's neat, but really it's all useless, and no one's really growing profits by selling it. Uptick whatever, it's just laying the groundwork for some real ugliness later. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Right on.

Most will/have been burning the shareholders cash developing useless crap until the doors close. Other companies that have substantial shareholder input to the board will stop the nonsense in order to survive - or close the doors and take the remaining cash. Some of the larger highly diluted tech companies (so diluted that shareholders can do nothing to stop the madness) like CSCO, DELL, etc, may have enough cash to survive the decade long tech depression coming but their stocks will end up reverse splitting many times just to stay listed.

The future of tech is grim indeed. Excess, overcapacity and new technologies that are "neat" but don?t generate profits are killing the modern tech industry.

Niche technologies that solve specific problems for a profit will do very well during the coming tech depression but the current generation of public traded or venture backed companies have lost their ability to innovate in this matter.

I'm expecting to see what has happened in the past - small, unknown companies springing up from nowhere with useful, profit making technologies - one niche at time. Some of those niches may become ubiquitous.

Rewind to the 80's. Remember the first "routers" for the original "internet" were mostly minicomputers and mainframes connecting universities and government sites. The WAN networking function was an add-on that was expensive and difficult to maintain. After a couple of failed start-ups a little company called cisco became profitable in a niche market replacing the networking and WAN functions of those computers with a stand-alone box called a router. At the time no one predicted how big that niche market would become.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to respectfully disagree a bit Hidingbear. Not only is he respected in the cave of the bear, he is getting recognition in the world of crapovision, Lose Rookuser, etc. Just this past month there was a rather prominent article on him in Money magazine. I've seen him on various shows on Crapolavision.

All of which has me worried! :o I mean, what would a contrarian say?

BEARX is also getting horribly close to its 200 dma - see:

Link to Yahoo BEARX 200 dma chart

I'm down 8% since I bought BEARX on Oct 3 :blink:

But.... I have hope :D

LostItAll

LMAO,

Lost It All, the real worry comes when he makes the cover of Time magazine. :o

Mousey - missed that MOOney article, but heard disparaging remarks about TICE on CRAPvision before I went to work.

AN 8% drop in BEARX is a less a loss than if you were just short the market from October 3. BEARX also has a lot of option positions, so falling VIX (volitility) also is a short term negative.

In the event of an Iraq war, I would expect VIX to increase substantially.

My contribution to tonights lively discussion. Am short the

QQQ and holding for now. Hedged with NFI which has

a good dividend (for the bush push). Sold some TVX at

the top today when HUI flatened out early and am buying

more at current levels (got to make a market there).

Short ROAD and added YELL - both were only up slightly.

Adding shorts here because I think like brian4 that the

bush push is priced in and will be sold.

Most indices are up against their 25 and 50 day MA

resistance as in following chart:

compx

What bothers me is that my mr. market indicator

gave buy signals confirmed on Friday:

mr market

Swore I'd never short when this happens but here I am

doing it again.

HB, hold on to BEARX for dear life. You'll make a healthy profit on it for sure.

Best time to buy bear funds is when BPI's are in the "high risk" zones (we're still there now doing the final obilgatory last gasp)

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorit...et?obj=ID128959

We be going down soon. The "Bush Push" is soon going to become known as the "Shrub Flub" !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No comments on the Hewey attempt and failure at 155 today?

I was all juiced up to if she would go, had orders waiting but alas...154.92 was the best she could do.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$hui,uu[w,a]diclynay[dd][pc20!b50!b200!a154.99][iut!ub14!le12,26,9!lh39,1!ll14][j8967449,y].gif

Was expecting a failure on the first attempt, especially with the major indices so green this morning. Thats all right, I am a patient man. Its gonna happen, but I think a few need to be shaken out before it does. Looking for a pullback to the 130s to add what I have parted with and then some.

Not sure Mousey, but I'll gladly take the additional groping profit on it :grin:

Lower the bar enough and a snail can jump over it.

Piles,

By the way, nice job on this one. I ejected my dong as it seems now, prematurely around lunchtime Monday but, I still love her and plan on going down on her big time. This pop tonight threw me as I could not find any specific information on it. Now I know :blink: Have you made up your mind specifically on when you are selling? Are you planning on shorting it?

Archived