Oops! Then again, perhaps LOB isn't that "straight ahead"... look what I just found over there, from Sigmoidoscope. Seems there are many in need of correction :grin:

beavisandw.jpg

I must admit that I am more than just a little bit concerned about this "ergonomic stimulust package."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg you old Fokker-thanks for defending what I believe is free speech-Chibear we are a group of irreverant souls who tell it as WE perceive it-you feel free to do the same! We welcome you and your comments but for gosh sake stick to the market will ya! Al is doing his best to strengthen the dollar for the biiiiig speech- but the futures are falling like Phats pants! Trade Safe!

I just screwed up big time. I had all the clear and level head bearish quotes from 12-2-02 on ids and was about to post em when i "hit the clear switch".

Go back and see what your fellow stoolies said on the high day. There was alot of em' including:

Myself

fart

pile

Doc

hemroid

etc...

Check for yourself.

We got some smat stoolies around these parts. :grin: :grin:

Pile,

I also have noted how well Bearx is being run these days.

If indeed I ever go long I never sell Berax and never go long more than I have in Bearx.

Bearx is as good a put as you can get of late. I hope that continues.

One could, I think, create a market neutral position that would make money simply by haveing equal positions in Bearx and the Dia.

Even though Tice was at the top of the heap with BEARX last year, he is just not getting respect. His company's ability to select individual stocks and to a lesser extent time the market is under-rated.

I think will do quite fine this year even if the market ended up this year where it is now (which I view as highly unlikely).

However he is not as amusing as the Stools here. LOL

Has anyone seen the latest communications toys being advertised on TV lately? Cell phones with friggin cameras built in, "My Moto, you Moto, Moto Moto" phones with gobs of excess CPU available so there's better games onboard than SEGA, etc. ad nauseum. Who's buying this crap? I can't wait to see what the next generation of wireless crap is that's coming from "over the horizon". The yuppy Silly Valley execs can plan and spend and build the shit all they want, but no one's going to be buying it. Remember, it's all about profit growth. The level of technological capability is skyrocketing, and it's neat, but really it's all useless, and no one's really growing profits by selling it. Uptick whatever, it's just laying the groundwork for some real ugliness later. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Has anyone seen the latest communications toys being advertised on TV lately? Cell phones with friggin cameras built in, "My Moto, you Moto, Moto Moto" phones with gobs of excess CPU available so there's better games onboard than SEGA, etc. ad nauseum. Who's buying this crap?

Hey, you gotta have something to do while you're waiting in line at the unemployment office.

let's hope Tice doesn't become too popular. We don't want too many bozos on the bus sorta speak. Let's keep it our little secret :grin:

Anywho, what I said earlier "Everyone is invested for maximum loss. It has to be this way before the next devastating leg down can begin. Max damage isn't done until everyone is aboard. Whooo, hooo...all aboard!"

I forgot about another dandy of a sentiment FACT - percent households owning equities - still at an all time high of 56% for three straight years in a row. Hope springs eternal. These guys are still aboard for max pain.

I stand corrected on Business Week survey too. 95% are bullish for 2003.

Merrill Lynch's survey of global money mgrs shows 74% bullish for 2003.

Perhaps I can't tell you where the market is headed next, but I can tell you where it's certainly NOT headed, and that's up.

Chibear, with the deepest of respect, you're not in a position to be criticizing the editorial decisions of the regular, unpaid contributors to this dearly beloved board. When you've racked up a few hundred more than your current 8 or 9 postings here, feel free to comment on who you believe is in need of "reforming" and who is not. Until then, semper fidelis. Buddha's posts aren't just tolerated- they're loved. As are those of Wndysrf. If our offensive, scatological, disrespectful, political, extreme, dismissive, irreverent, politically incorrect style pisses you off, please know that, to the best of my knowledge, most here aren't sorry in the least. Nudity, hate, racism... we try to avoid the more obvious examples. Mocking Dubya is pretty far from the line, and as Wndy so sagely noted, that's part of Buddha's gig.

If you're into straight out market talk, join us in Intraday Stool. LOB tends to be pretty straight ahead too.

Thanks, Fokker, for summarizing the Stooleville Code of Ethics. Yes, there limits here, but pissing on politicians and other species of bottom feeders ain't one of them. :lol:

Archived