Weak-end thread June 10-13th.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, that's two separate "meteor" incidents near populated areas in a week's time. What are the odds? How many significant ground hits has the entire globe had in the last week in order to have two hits affect populated areas? 100? is that significantly more than normal?

Actually...there was another meteor event in New Zealand just three days earlier. Given that New Zealand is the relative size of a grain of sand as compared to the universe...I'd say it's raining Meteors!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2937159a7693,00.html

Giant blast believed to be meteor

11 June 2004

By BERNARD CARPINTER

A meteor entering Earth's atmosphere is the most likely explanation for a huge bang and flash of light that woke people all over Wairoa.

People reported what sounded like an explosion at 3.40am yesterday from Kotemaori, south of Wairoa, to Mahia Peninsula in the north and Lake Waikaremoana inland.

Sergeant Chris Flood said he slept through the bang but many people had been woken by it.

"The reports have come in from places probably 75 kilometres apart.

today, i negotiated the sale of a property to a partner. i get to live in one of the units anytime i want, for as long as i want, for free. i get first right of refusal if the property is offered for sale, at a fixed price. i get cashed out. idont have to deal with that 'effing partner anymore. i wont be doing anymore "equal" partner deals, i wanna be in control :o .

starting to unwind a bit. im still heavily weighted in real estate. this is as much a "peace of mind" deal as a "money" deal. still, i have remorse as i just hate selling F&C real estate.

now the problem - what to do with the cash? :) the cash probably will not be held in USD for long.

today, i negotiated the sale of a property to a partner. i get to live in one of the units anytime i want, for as long as i want, for free. i get first right of refusal if the property is offered for sale, at a fixed price. i get cashed out. idont have to deal with that 'effing partner anymore. i wont be doing anymore "equal" partner deals, i wanna be in control :o .

starting to unwind a bit. im still heavily weighted in real estate. this is as much a "peace of mind" deal as a "money" deal. still, i have remorse as i just hate selling F&C real estate.

now the problem - what to do with the cash? :) the cash probably will not be held in USD for long.

Good on ya, Pee!

Congrats!

Here's a great article that shows the feud between the approaches of the FBI and the CIA...and how the Defense Department marginalized both...and is now going to pay for that.

A Tortured Debate

Amid feuding and turf battles, lawyers in the White House discussed specific terror-interrogation techniques like 'water-boarding' and 'mock burials'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5197853/site/newsweek/

That article posted by Robbie says several things, among them-the right to individual privacy is dead- all the pinheads in the Administration are safe from Bomb and Gas attack (how comforting) but Mr. and Mrs. Sixpack aren't. Lastly it speaks volumes about the siege mentality of the Goobermint. It reminds of the famous movie scene where the character played by Slim Pickens jumps on the Nuclear Weapon as it is launched and yells-"Time for some hand to hand combat with the Russkies." :o

North Korea says G8 plan justifies nuclear increase

14 June 2004

SEOUL: A Group of Eight plan to stop the spread of nuclear weapons was aimed at sparking the same crisis in North Korea as that in Iraq, forcing the communist state to increase its nuclear deterrent, North Korea said yesterday.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2939907a12,00.html

It is one thing to invade and antagonize the people of Iraq who were

already weakened by years and years of our restrictions on them.

Yeah, call it UN restrictions, but you all know it was U.S.

Now, if we do same to N. Korea, who has a very large army as well

as nukes, what do you thing THEIR reaction will be?

It won't be roadside RPGs.

Sherlock

Other market driving information that may aide.....

http://www.accountancyage.com/News/1137371

SEC suspends shares of non-filing companies

By AccountancyAge.com [11-06-2004]

The US watchdog has for the first time suspended the trading of shares of 26 shell companies that failed to file financial disclosure reports.

Link: Time Warner faces SEC action over accounting practices

The 26 companies, which have few assets or sales were suspended because officials are concerned that an absence of financial reports could leave investors vulnerable to manipulation from misleading or incomplete information, Bloomberg News reported.

Some of the companies asked to file information, have not done so for years and at least one has not filed financial statements since 1994.

Shares will remain suspended for another eight days and will continue unless the companies provide updated information.

today, i negotiated the sale of a property to a partner

Good for you. I found out that a partner is about

as useful as a bad employee.

Sold a house this week - a 2 br rental. Painted and otherwise

tarted it up and got top dollar. It sold in one week,

but the work I put into it took about 6 weeks and a couple of thou.

Archived