Weak-end thread June 10-13th.

does homeowner's cover meteorite damage?  :o

Dont worry about homeowners - you can sell a meteorite for enough

to fix the hole in the roof.

I can see it now:

"Hey Ralph, come look at this insurance claim! This doofus says he has a hole in his roof from a meteorite."

"Yeah, right....he knocked a hole in it himself so we'd pay for a new roof. Deny it!"

(sounds of mocking laughter)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DoJ Memo is 50-page pdf and is almost identical to the DoD memo posted earlier

on these boards......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Jun13.html

Justice Dept. Memo Says Torture 'May be Justified'

By Dana Priest

Sunday, June 13, 2004; 6:30 PM

Today washingtonpost.com is posting a copy of the Aug. 1, 2002, memorandum "Re: Standards of Conduct for Interrogation under 18 U.S.C. 2340-2340A," from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel for Alberto R. Gonzales, counsel to President Bush.

Fair Value numbers are -Spoo's-1135.33-NazDuck-1485.89 both indicies are down and nicely below fair value-Da Boyz distributed their littlehearts out last week to all the schmoes who bought and are always the suckers. Max Pain for Op/Ex is Spoo's 1100, Dow-10,200, OEX -545, Sox-475. ;)

today, i negotiated the sale of a property to a partner.  i get to live in one of the units anytime i want, for as long as i want, for free. i get first right of refusal if the property is offered for sale, at a fixed price.  i get cashed out.  idont have to deal with that 'effing partner anymore.  i wont be doing anymore "equal" partner deals, i wanna be in control :o .

starting to unwind a bit. im still heavily weighted in real estate.  this is as much a "peace of mind" deal as a "money" deal.  still, i have remorse as i just hate selling F&C real estate. 

now the problem - what to do with the cash?  :)  the cash probably will not be held in USD for long.

Good on ya, Pee!

Congrats!

thanks plunger.

we'll see, ive regretted ever selling any real estate. time will tell how this one works out, particularly since i dont have a cash need or a plan for the money.

OK, that's two separate "meteor" incidents near populated areas in a week's time. What are the odds? How many significant ground hits has the entire globe had in the last week in order to have two hits affect populated areas? 100? is that significantly more than normal?

Mjstk27: Where to begin? Last fall I emailed George Ure when he started to observe the increase in meteote activity. What I sent him were two reports of meteorites crashing into homes, one in India and another in the US (took out a guys garage). In one of the articles, it explained that such an event was RARE, but I've been tracing this stuff for a few years and the incidents have been increasing to numbers that should be rocking the science community. Just look at pictures of the moon for ideas. Generally, the outer big planets and their atmospheres act as a shield and suck in many invading space objects in our universe. It seems, more than a coincidence that astronomers have been finding a number of new moons around Uranus recently. The question is, moons, or an increase in asteroid collection? And, it's not only the meteorite hits that have been happenning, but the number of light shows and sonic booms that accompany these space projectiles breaking out atmosphere has increased greatly in the past two months. Never seen anything remotely close to the amount of activity we are observing now. I could probably post 5 bookmarked asteroid news stories from the past two weeks and that isn't normal. This topic is a valid concern, and with the internet et all, they are more and more people, asking questions and looking for answers. BTW, one of Ure's influence in such matters is here...

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/

Mirac

id say this USD rally will provide a decent chance to move some cash into foreign currencies and perhaps foreign sovereigns.

if the US would take the means necessary to stop the financial bleeding, it would be social havoc and tax increases that would freeze the economy. no stomach to cut spending or address serious LT problems. that lump under the rug is getting hard to walk around.

James Grant sees bonds falling for a long, long time:

(very short article)

Bond Buyers May Want to Note This Birthday

By KENNETH N. GILPIN

Published: June 13, 2004

INVESTORS in a tizzy about rising interest rates should get a grip. The chances are that the cost of money will rise for a long, long time, says James Grant, publisher of Grant's Interest Rate Observer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/13/business/13mark.html

B4- looks like we got the selloff we were expecting late Thursday afternoon over the weak-end. I'll take that anyway.

id say this USD rally will provide a decent chance to move some cash into foreign currencies and perhaps foreign sovereigns.

if the US took means necessary to stop the financial bleeding, it would be social havoc and tax increases that would freeze the economy. no stomach to cut spending or address serious LT problems. that lump under the rug is getting hard to walk around.

What nations currencies are you looking at.

Futures have collapsed-spoo- is now 5 and change below f/value and NazCrap 7 below-luv it , just luv it. Good for you Pee-now get the $ into freign currencies and physical. ;)

Brian, I will be in Ontario in July.

I planning of leaving some of my USD in Ontario.

Any idea of what bank to use or if you have a better idea let me know.

If I am in North America in the summer time, I almost always spend some of it in Canada.

Thanks for your help.

The $ is blowing the doors off other and all currencies-that means the market is doomed-if the $ holds up all night the markets will implode! ;)

Fukui-san must've had too much saki over the weekend..no in mood to buy US debt 2nite. Maybe EUR wants more tourists this summer, bet they pass too...

still holding SPX puts from the long weekend, figured there'd have to be more opex downside. 1108 looks like a good bounce target, but wouldn't a waterfall shower feel real good rite about now?

Archived