• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's Trick:

Ameritrade web site slowdown.

Take Cover!

Who is left to buy? :huh:

These stunts are not about buying...

On days with big downward pressure at the open, they put the site in slowdown mode to prevent people from heading for the exits.

It's working fine again now.

Never ever ever ever ever ever happens on up days.

I even had it that they did not take my order.

Had to call them on the phone to get it done.

These stunts are not about buying...

On days with big downward pressure at the open, they put the site in slowdown mode to prevent people from heading for the exits.

It's working fine again now.

Never ever ever ever ever ever happens on up days.

I don't understand. Doesn't someone has to sell for someone to buy and vice versa whether on up or down days? The price direction would seem to be irrelevant.

when people want to sell they slow down the internet.

if less people are saling, it is easier for them to raise prices.

the matrix computers are not slowed down, just the retail customers.

the guys who buy to late , buy at the top

and sell to late, sell at the bottom.

Guest libertas
In Southern California, the real estate mania is still going on. In some new area of Irvine, Orange County, the averaged price for 4Br and 3Ba is around $700 K. The kicker is the property tax in those new zone is 2% for the first 25 years. So, the monthly averaged tax, association fee, insurance is around $1400. Assuming the buyer puts down 20% and take a 30-year loan of $560K at 6.25%, his/her monthly payment for interest and principal will be $3450. So, the monthly cost for his/her home is $4850. Assuming that the buyer spends 40% of his/her after tax income on housing, his/her after tax annual income has to be $145,500. This number is very staggering because most of the families do not have that much income.

What 20% down? What 6.25%?

Without pushing it, I checked the actual quotes for today. Interest.com Quotes

Best deal was 1.25% ARM, monthly payment $2332. Not even interest only, which would bring it down more (the payment).

From a site Brian mentioned:

The Gold Mining Stocks trading system issued a

100% cash signal on 06.06.2004.

... for bond investments our bond models are bearish!

... for stock investments our stock models are

bullish!

... for gold mining stocks our model are neutral!

- Look for the next update on 13.06.2004!

- Performance charts for all market timing models could be

found at:

http://www.sniper.at/market-timing.htm

Al Buys TIIS

But Drains Repos for Small Net Drain

Fed Update is now posted! Know what Al and his crew are up to, and how it's likely to affect the markets. Take a subscribatory and download your daily Fed Report.

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

To best of my knowledge, borrowers are not qualified based on first year teaser rates when applying for ARM's. No income doc loans require bigger down payments.

In Southern California, the real estate mania is still going on.? In some new area of Irvine, Orange County, the averaged price for 4Br and? 3Ba is around $700 K.? The kicker is the property tax in those new zone is 2% for the first 25 years.? So, the monthly averaged tax, association fee, insurance is around $1400.?  Assuming the buyer puts down 20% and take a 30-year loan of $560K at 6.25%, his/her monthly payment for interest and principal will be $3450.? So, the monthly cost for his/her home is $4850.? Assuming that the buyer spends 40% of his/her after tax income on housing, his/her after tax annual income has to be $145,500.? This number is very staggering because most of the families do not have that much income.

What 20% down? What 6.25%?

Without pushing it, I checked the actual quotes for today. Interest.com Quotes

Best deal was 1.25% ARM, monthly payment $2332. Not even interest only, which would bring it down more (the payment).

If all buyers had to put 20% down we wouldn't have a housing bubble in the first place. But apparently the government is not only sanctioning no down payment loans for below median income buyers, but subsidizing a portion of the interest payment.

In NJ, the RE market essentially hit a price wall in March it can not pass. Homes that do not need a jumbo mortgage ($333,000 or higher) are still selling well but are not increasing in price. Above that, selling times have expanded and prices are edging lower but by no means dropping fast.

On another subject, the Fed pulled back some today. After today's speech by the Green man, I only think the Fed will accelerate its long term monetary growth targets if we have a nine or ten sigma type event - or economic indicators actually showing negative growth in the economy.

So I'm not covering any short/bearish positions today.

Russia spooling up and setting the stage for it's own Atomic Particle Accelerator......

Aimed at making housing more affordable, the 28-point draft law is one of the largest one-topic legislation proposals to appear in front of the Duma in the history of post-communist Russia.

"Currently, only a tenth of the [Russian] population owns modern housing," said the president of the Institute of City Economics Fund Nadezhda Kosareva, who also heads the working group for developing the draft legislation. "Affordability of housing is the main obstacle standing in the way of those people who want to improve their housing situation."

Kosareva said five major issues hinder affordability and stand in the way of the 60 percent of the Russian population who want to improve their housing quality.

The proposed legislation aims to battle these obstacles, which include the absence of long-term credit, high mortgage interest rates, insufficient housing supply, high real estate transaction costs and lack of legal guarantees for consumers and other real estate market players.

Realtors Focus on Affordable Housing

my interpretation of Greenspan's comments is a little different. He speaks like a man who knows that inflation is not the problem........"oh sure, we'lll raise aggressively if inflation gets out of hand" means he knows inflation is not going to get out of hand, either via govt manip of statistics, or else the Hyper scenario.

Archived