B4 The Bell Humpday June 2

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just posted this on IDS..

Interesting developments in China

The Shenzhen Development Bank has given up effective control

of a state owned mainland China bank to a foreign interest Newbridge

Capital an American firm. This is the first time ever China has allowed an American interest into their banking sytem.

In addition, all loans to be halted if greater than $3.6mil and China

wants info on all loans greater than $12 mil. Just for good measure China is looking to raise interest rates. Something stinks over there and there appears to be much stick-handling taking place within the banking sector. Someone may have blown a tire and there is a mess of rice everywhere!

Al Holds The Line

Maintains Growth Band With Massive Drain

Fed Update is now posted! Know what Al and his crew are up to, and how it's likely to affect the markets. Take a subscribatory and download your daily Fed Report.

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

I just posted this on IDS..

Interesting developments in China

The Shenzhen Development Bank has given up effective control

of a state owned mainland China bank to a foreign interest Newbridge

Capital an American firm. This is the first time ever China has allowed an American interest into their banking sytem.

In addition, all loans to be halted if greater than $3.6mil and China

wants info on all loans greater than $12 mil. Just for good measure China is looking to raise interest rates. Something stinks over there and there appears to be much stick-handling taking place within the banking sector. Someone may have blown a tire and there is a mess of rice everywhere!

The are some reports floating around that there are many commodity shipments that have arrived in China that the Chinese speculators cannot pay. Apparently they were bought before the tightening efforts and the letters of credit were never approved.

Guest yobob1

T. Boone is right. Peak oil has arrived without so much as a marching band. Recent figures show only about 2,100,000 bpd theoretical extra pumping capacity worldwide. Even then, who's going to refine it?

95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the required gas guzzling V-8(19 mpg highway, 16 towing my folding trailer or boat). 108K miles and running better every day. I haven't had a car payment in over 10 years, always buy nice one owner used and run em about 50K or until they start feeling a little tired.

I wish they would get silver down to the $5.35 range and then we can get on with business. With AIG retiring as a metals market maker, the metals are ripe for a solid advance. Shorts continue to decline as of last COT.

Saudi/OPEC jawboning will do nothing to ease oil speculation.

I think it was Ags yesterday taht said the hedgehogs were running amuck. I agree 100% and one of the places it is most evident has been the CRB. That coupled with the recent popularity of commodities funds is causing yet another economic distortion. Enjoy it while it lasts. Leaves won't be the only thing falling later this year.

If you are a little creative a broadening top is starting to show on the Dow 15 and 30 minute.

Probably means nothing but something tyo watch

We have been marking time for almost 4 days.

no clue which way it breaks but this time I am leaving with profits regardless...Stops in

Anyone know why the clownbuck is again in favor?

Greenscums noise?

Bushman beating the drums of war at the AFA. Not getting a very warm response. The RNC better grab that tape and add some canned applause for the evening news.

Kernel- On that very point, I cannot remember the last time Shrub gave a speech or talked about anything other than "War on Terror" talk about an isolated "one trick Pony."!

All he has to run on is fear and war. The guy is a total moron.

Inflation may be tamed by falling demand in some sectors, but can you imagine the price of wheat going down after reading the following article?

"When this year's grain harvest begins in May, world grain stocks will be down to 59 days of consumption?the lowest level in 30 years, writes Lester R. Brown in the following article.

The last time stocks were this low, in 1972-74, wheat and rice prices doubled. Now, a generation later, a similar scenario is unfolding. After nearly tripling from 1950 to 1996, growth in the world grain harvest came to a halt. In each of the last four years world grain production has fallen short of consumption, forcing a drawdown of stocks.

During this period, expanding deserts, falling water tables, crop-withering temperatures, and other environmental trends have largely offset the positive contributions of advancing technology and additional investment in agriculture."

http://www.foodnavigator.com/news/news-NG.asp?id=51953

So what we have here, if the weather remains weird and the oil in the form of fertilizers and energy required to get the wheat to market remains high is expensive bakery products and expensive animal feed too, if these conditions are impacting corn and alfalfa too, which I imagine they are. Peak wheat!

Oh, and peak fish too, if you've been following the "dead zones" expanding in the oceans.

Human beings, through their own actions and the self interested actions of their govts, are such unbelievable screw ups, when it comes to addressing this stuff.

Archived