B4 The Bell Frieday May 28

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the Fed going to do? Buy newly constructed houses and then burn them down and build more to keep the real estate flipping game going?

My half-educated guess:

They will support the price of mortgage-backeds, and mortgages in default, and mortgages in foreclosure, by accepting them as collateral to secure zero interest loans, or by purchasing them outright.

Without limit. Billions on top of billions.

Makes a lot of sense. It's like Doc Stool asked the other day. Why are reserves are even necessary anymore? As long as there are no defaults, credit or money can be created and lent without limit. The liabilities always balance against assets. The whole reason that the credit bubble can't slow down without causing trouble is that when it does slow down the growing defaults start to look significant in comparison with the other numbers. If you keep the numbers attached to the assets up, or if you can otherwise avoid MARKing 2 MARKET, then the books balance. If you also keep the defaults from showing up, then you can keep spinning the life is good stories. Once this slips, then the unconventional methods come out. Then again, after hearing the Catherine Austin Fitts interview on http://www.financialsense.com/ I wonder if we'll ever even hear about these unconventional measures.

What's the Fed going to do? Buy newly constructed houses and then burn them down and build more to keep the real estate flipping game going?

My half-educated guess:

They will support the price of mortgage-backeds, and mortgages in default, and mortgages in foreclosure, by accepting them as collateral to secure zero interest loans, or by purchasing them outright.

Without limit. Billions on top of billions.

Makes a lot of sense. It's like Doc Stool asked the other day. Why are reserves are even necessary anymore? As long as there are no defaults, credit or money can be created and lent without limit. The liabilities always balance against assets. The whole reason that the credit bubble can't slow down without causing trouble is that when it does slow down the growing defaults start to look significant in comparison with the other numbers. If you keep the numbers attached to the assets up, or if you can otherwise avoid MARKing 2 MARKET, then the books balance. If you also keep the defaults from showing up, then you can keep spinning the life is good stories. Once this slips, then the unconventional methods come out. Then again, after hearing the Catherine Austin Fitts interview on http://www.financialsense.com/ I wonder if we'll ever even hear about these unconventional measures.

Will we hear of the unconventional methods AND feel the effects too. :lol:

enronfashion.jpg

America Divided:

Published on Friday, May 28, 2004 by CommonDreams.org

I Have Met the Enemy ...

by Patricia Kneisler

?

For the first time ever in my life, I had someone threaten to kill me tonight. He was nearly apoplectic with rage, screaming curses, his finger right in my face, his eyes slits of venom. Ex-Navy lifer, I gathered. Probably in his late 50?s. Beer belly. A person so devoid of humanity I was stunned.

Good lord, you might ask. What on earth did you, a 52 year old professional woman, do to provoke that?

All I did was exercise my duty as a very concerned citizen in what I thought was America. I stood silently out on the sidewalk in my California town with a sign in each hand. One sign showed a tally of the number of Iraqi civilian dead from the Iraq Body Count website ? the other the number of coalition soldiers dead to date. This is my regular Thursday night gig, something I?ve done every week for 14 months now.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0528-01.htm

Plunger, nothing new. We've been killing people who tell the truth for millenia. Just look in the bible. I dub thee Plunger the Prophet. By the way, did you mean apoplectic or perhaps apocalyptic? ;)

sigh!

<<edit>>

Oh, duh! It wasn't you. It's an article.

I better read up on how to delete a post. :)

Well today was a typical pre holiday farce but even with puny volume and the arena pretty much to themselves Da Boyz still had to fight hard to keep the ship floating. Methinks Tuesday we drop hard, yes over 1127 I would have to be long but as I said before the odds of that are slim and none. ;)

America Divided:

Published on Friday, May 28, 2004 by CommonDreams.org

I Have Met the Enemy ...

by Patricia Kneisler

?

For the first time ever in my life, I had someone threaten to kill me tonight. He was nearly apoplectic with rage, screaming curses, his finger right in my face, his eyes slits of venom. Ex-Navy lifer, I gathered. Probably in his late 50?s. Beer belly. A person so devoid of humanity I was stunned.

Good lord, you might ask. What on earth did you, a 52 year old professional woman, do to provoke that?

All I did was exercise my duty as a very concerned citizen in what I thought was America. I stood silently out on the sidewalk in my California town with a sign in each hand. One sign showed a tally of the number of Iraqi civilian dead from the Iraq Body Count website ? the other the number of coalition soldiers dead to date. This is my regular Thursday night gig, something I?ve done every week for 14 months now.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0528-01.htm

There is a surprisingly large percentage of intolerant, ignorant, angry, and hateful people in the population and the current administration is tapping right into and feeding that group to further its fascist agenda. America is no longer about free speech, it is about just sitting down and being quiet -- or so we are being told. These people need enemies to hate. Real nutzis.

We are so spoiled and so pampered in North America that we need what is coming. Just watching our local and National news same lead story on both " someone has to, must do something about the high cost of Gas, Bastard Government taxes, Bastard Oil Companies, Bastard Arabs etc." everytime I think the Sheeple are getting smarter they prove to me they are getting even dumber. Coming back from shopping this afternoon I was behind some pot bellied Dork driving a Ford Excursion Diesel, it was as big as a Boxcar and the smell and smoke was unbelievable and it is rated at 8 miles a gallon. In Taiwan they drive motor scooters fueled by kerosene and the pollution is unreal. In Japan it is motorcycles in Europe small 4 or 3 wheeled cars because their gas price is 3 times ours and rising. In North America we are the SUV driving, Hummer driving, Beemer, Mercedes, Ram etc gas guzzling pin heads with a pocket full of plastic, debt up the Wazoo Cowboys who are about to meet reality "head on". On another topic-"the Vancouver Bus incident" Authorities confirm they know what the aerosol agent was but they will not reveal what it was-all they will admit to is 13 different law and intelligence authorities are investigating the incident. As I said the other day this smells to me like a terrorist dry run-a test if you will. An all points has been issued for a non-white skinny 20 something with a pencil mustache. On another topic Drudge is running a story about how two of the 7 profiled terrorists had dinner and were identified by a Dennys Manager in Denver , the manager called the FBI and 24 hours passed before anyone took his info in the meantime 9 other sightings were reported by other Denver residents. As I said the other day Homeland Security is a joke and that is scary-isn't it!

Brian,

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Mass hysteria caused illness on bus, expert says

Last Updated Fri, 28 May 2004 22:33:35

VANCOUVER - A leading epidemiologist at the University of British Columbia says a suspected poisoning on a Vancouver bus earlier this week appears to be a case of mass hysteria.

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/05/28/canada/hysteria_040528

Archived