B4 the Bell, Fryday May 21, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TE- the Oil thing is impossible to solve-to move any increase in supply requires double hulled Supertankers and they are going flat out now, the old smaller "Flag of convernience-tankers" acoount for 1/10 of 1% of volume. Then of course even if you could get it here all the refineries are running 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week and can't produce one more gallon of gas cause they are at capacity now. ;)

That is the point. VLCCF's carrier's are the double hulled variety but, who is going to refine it?

Monsoor Fokkoor- I agree with you. But the last Prophet that fit your description was nailed to a cross for his efforts, have we changed since then??

The second coming? Hopefully things haven't gone that far astray. I was thinking more along the lines of a Bobby Kennedy or MLK, maybe the founding fathers, Ghandi... someone with some integrity for a change.

End

Was at a Blue Rodeo concert at the "KEY to Bala" last night and have never seen so many people having so much fun. What a performance from my all time favorite group. So nice to take leave from the problems of the world and get lost in the beauty and endeavors of the gifted music makers. Love all your lyrics that remind me of the talent that is beyond the control of the matrix.

Plunger

B4 does a service to us all that is beyond words. The collection of minds of integrity and intellect that dominate Docs site is unprecedented. A true blessing this home of the Doctor.

Doc

I asked you before about a spell check for obvious reasons. Ho Ho

I have found the answer that wont cost Stoolies one matrix cent. Go to IE spell and download the program. After, use tools and BINGO it will automatically check spelling in your posts. No more misspelling from LLD!

Ahh... the wanders of the internet.

Heads up----------

President Bush delivers a speech Monday on plans for the transfer of power in Iraq. It will be an unusual evening address delivered from an Army facility in Pennsylvania.

It will be the first in a series of six speeches leading up to the hand-over of political sovereignty to an Iraqi interim government on June 30.

These speeches are part of an all out-effort by the White House to shift the focus from recent setbacks in Iraq, to prospects for a democratic future for the Iraqi people.

At a time when ongoing violence in Iraq is sharing headlines with the scandal surrounding the abuse of Iraqi prisoners, President Bush will look ahead to the post-occupation era.

Mr. Bush will speak at the Army War College, a school run by the U.S. army that offers classes in security and foreign policy matters. He is expected to use this address to draw together all the various aspects of his Iraq policy, with an emphasis on transition plans.

Some of the themes will be familiar. The president is likely to emphasize once again his commitment to the June 30 date, and his determination to see a strong democracy emerge.

http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectI...EF1D5DC74439949

Ahh... the wanders of the internet.

Lol. :lol:

I'm well aware there is little profit in asking for sympathy for sticklers. We are not the easiest people to feel sorry for. We refuse to patronise any shop with checkouts for "eight items or less" (because it should be "fewer") ... Sticklers never read a book without a pencil at hand, to correct the typographical errors. In short, we are unattractive know-all obsessives who get things out of proportion and are in continual peril of being disowned by our exasperated families.

?Lynne Truss, English writer and journalist, Eats, Shoots & Leaves, 2003

http://www.wordspy.com/

Some blues....from T-Bone Walker

CALL IT STORMY MONDAY (Walker)

They call it stormy Moday, but Tuesday's just as bad

They call it stormy Moday, but Tuesday's just as bad

Wednesday's worse, and Thursday's also sad

Yes the eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play

Eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play

Sunday I go to church, then I kneel down and pray

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy on me

Lord have mercy, my heart's in misery

Crazy about my baby, yes, send her back to me

Some powerfull topics being discussed this weekend...I've had this feeling we are at some sort of crossroad for some time and there are a couple of forks in the road.....not sure which one we are headed down..

TE, was listening to some Tears For Fears this weekend

Songs From the Big Chair...it's odd how some words can come back to you and at times you hear the music and not the message...this one almost seems like an ode to J6P to me and what's being used at times to keep everyone on the wagon ....

The Working Hour...

These Things

That I've

Been Told

Can Reaarange

My World

My Doubt

In Time

But Inside Out

This is the Working Hour

We Are Paid By Those Who Learn by Our Mistakes

This Day

And Age

For All

And Not For One

All Lies

And Secrets

Put On

Put On and On

This is the Working Hour

We Are Paid By Those Who Learn by Our Mistakes

And Fear Is Such A Vicious Thing

It Wraps Me Up In Chains

Find Out

Find Out

What This Fear Is About

Find Out

Find Out

What This Fear Is About

Ag

U.S crude skids nearly 1 pct lower after OPEC talks

Sunday May 23, 7:11 pm ET

SINGAPORE, May 24 (Reuters) - U.S. crude slid almost one

percent in early electronic dealings on Monday, following

weekend talks between oil producers and consumers during which

Saudi Arabia said it wanted OPEC (News - Websites) to raise output by two to 2.5

million barrels a day.

U.S. crude for July delivery (CLc1) fell 27 cents to $39.66

a barrel, before skidding to an intraday low of $39.55 a

barrel, down 38 cents.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rm/040523/markets_asia_nymex_1.html

Archived