B4 The Bell, PreCrash Moonday, May 10

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BEIJING, May 10 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Under-Secretary John Taylor said on Monday that booming growth was contributing to inflationary overheating throughout the Chinese economy and that a more flexible currency regime could help cool it

http://money.iwon.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.j...ias/money/cm/nw

The Roosevelt administration, in an apparent bid to cultivate western mining interests, raised the price of silver.

China was then on the silver standard.

The decision was accompanied with a lot of pseudo-altruistic rhetoric about what a big favor the administration was doing China, enabling it to buy more for its money.

The ensuing increase in the value of its monetary unit had a catastrophic effect on those Chinese with contractual obligations denominated in silver.

I've read that this episode impoverished people to the point of famine.

I'll guess that memories of this episode are still fresh in China.

I'll guess that free advice from the US Treasury Secretary trades at a very steep discount in China.

BEIJING, May 10 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Under-Secretary John Taylor said on Monday that booming growth was contributing to inflationary overheating throughout the Chinese economy and that a more flexible currency regime could help cool it

http://money.iwon.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.j...ias/money/cm/nw

The Roosevelt administration, in an apparent bid to cultivate western mining interests, raised the price of silver.

China was then on the silver standard.

The decision was accompanied with a lot of pseudo-altruistic rhetoric about what a big favor the administration was doing China, enabling it to buy more for its money.

The ensuing increase in the value of its monetary unit had a catastrophic effect on those Chinese with contractual obligations denominated in silver.

I've read that this episode impoverished people to the point of famine.

I'll guess that memories of this episode are still fresh in China.

I'll guess that free advice from the US Treasury Secretary trades at a very steep discount in China.

I think China will do what is best for China.

P/C.....1.41

Sometimes the put buyers do get it right!

VIX and VXO up 9%

Say goodbye to the year long sale on put options

hope u are right ;)

Archived