SpreadTraders Bulldozed

The measuring implication of this breakout by conventional methods is...

:shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

Subscribe, people. Subscribe.

Doc, you've been all over a lot of stuff recently.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grand Poopercycle,

Whereas i read you manage assets and have expertise.

My question, if you will sir. What plausiable explanation could there be for

after hour transactions of 80,000 shares some 0.70 over the days close,

also A 1,8OO TRANSACTION FOR $1.24 over the day's close?

Others also at ranges of .40 or more.

If short covering why not during regular hours and why not at the after market ask

whih is substantially less.

Thank you for any insight.

Best Day

Best Trading.

patriot

There is a thing called a VWAP order, which is a volume weighted average price of the day.

Say a broker has a buyer and a seller, both orders are to be executed "over the day", so as to try and get the average price of the day, and not the close, or the high or anything like that.

So if the broker has a VWAP buyer and a VWAP seller, he can wait until the close and then cross the lot at or near the VWAP price.

next, Kipling, for any who hold "da golds" long, especially on margin:

It's like a book, I think, this bloomin' world,

Which you can read and care for just so long,

But presently you feel that you will die

Unless you get the page your readin' done,

An' turn another--likely not so good;

But what you're after is to turn 'em all.

(From Sestina of the Tramp-Royal)

Kipling, megalomaniac par excellence, avid, yea, tireless promoter, in his younger years, at least, of the chauvinistic notion of "The Great Game" upon whose wheel of intrigue and machination countless lives of ordinary men were broken/consumed, got a taste of his own jingoistic medicine when the "page" "turned" late in his life and war's dark shadow of death crossed his threshold, claiming his son,along with countless other countrymen in the mud, stench and squalor of Ypres. He never recovered from the blow. Some say the loss broke his spirit. Humility imposed, at long last, at frightful cost. The mentality of egocentric men like Kipling, devotee of Empire, did much to induce the psychology of, lay the groundwork for the outbreak and ensuing ferocity of WWI.

Richly? ironic, wot?

"Likely not so good", indeed!!!

Ypres-Passchendaele devoured hundreds of thousands. Over 75,000 of those fighting for the British Empire simply vanished without a trace, whilst fighting, there.

Some Emerging Market Exotica Bond prices today (and their price change)

Brazil C-Bond 87.437 -2.44

Brazil 12.75 1/15/2020 94.250 -6.250

Brazil 12.25 3/6/2030 92.000 -5.250

Ecuador 12 11/15/2012 82.000 -5.000

Mexico 11.5 5/15/2026 133.000 -3.250

Philippines 8.750 10/07/2016 90.000 -3.875

Russia STEP 3/31/2030 86.250 -2.500

Venezuela 9.375 1/13/2034 76.750 -2.250

"Prices have dropped as hedge funds that borrow in the U.S. to lend at higher rates in emerging markets withdraw because of higher borrowing costs, said Mohamed El-Erian, who manages $14 billion of emerging-market debt at Pacific Investment Management Co."

"``Country-specific fundamentals take a back seat for now,'' El-Erian said in an e-mail. El-Erian, who manages more emerging- market bonds than any other fund manager, has kept cash received from interest payments last month on Brazilian and other bonds to reinvest when he judges the hedge-fund selling is ending. ``We are respecting the technicals,'' he said.

Whoa...

Dow Theory's Russell cites Adrian Van Eck's Hotline for Thursday May 6.

"I say they are lying. And the proof I have waited for appeared in Barron?s this past weekend. China has been buying U.S. Treasuries to fund a portion of our debt. That alone kept the Treasury from blowing the whistle on them and their big American CEO friends, who have shipped three million jobs to China and falsely called it productivity increases. (The ISM does not ask members where new orders are being produced.) But guess what: American banks have stripped their loan portfolio dry, cutting back every category except purchase of Government securities, which rose a shocking $15.7 billion. Over at the Fed, foreign holdings of U.S. Treasuries (which had been rising by $6 billion a week for a year actually fell by $1.86 billion). And Fed credit, which had only increased by $23 billion in the previous 51 weeks, jumped an astounding $5.7 billion in one week. In addition, the Fed bought outright $753 million worth of Treasury securities...

SO BRACE YOURSELF...

You are seeing the first bales of money dropping from Bernanke?s helicopters. Before they are done, true inflation will be up to 8%, although the government will claim it is either 5% or 6%. And everyone in the financial media, especially the Wall Street Journal and Investor?s Business Daily, will brag about how modest and benign inflation is."

(entire Russell supplementary posted HERE by Orvack at 7:15)

dear Bare:

how right you are, indeed:

Constitution of the United States,

Article I.

Section 8

11....To delare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

jickiss must have missed that vote......

but those self-same were certainly "incensed" today

but hey, Section 8,

hey isn't that something that has to do with free housing?

anyway,

from Kipling:

(at the very end of Tomlinson)

'Go back to Earth with a lip unsealed--go back with an open eye,

'And carry my word to the Sons of Men or ever ye come to die:

'That the sin that they do two by two they must pay for one by one--

'And. . . the god that you took from a printed book be with you,

Tomlinson!"

jickiss has said and says again, that anyone who is not scared today is, indeed, a Moron.

your own insights and observations have been of very great value and jickiss hopes that if you see, or sense a sign, that the present adverse trends might change, that you will share your thoughts with us...

all jickiss hears, tonight, is the roar of the Milky Way...

regards, jickiss

My opinion of gold is this:

I don't care about gold in dollars. Gold in euros is now at a long-term make or break point at 320.

If it breaks down below 320, it looks like the 8 year top is in.

If it bounces to 350, the next target is 460 for the 8 year top.

I slightly favor the 450 euro gold scenario. The 8 year cycle upmove has already lasted 4 years and 9 months, so the cycle is turning slightly bullish (basic left/right leaning cycle theory). And commodity bull moves usually end in a spike.

Whoa...

Dow Theory's Russell cites Adrian Van Eck's Hotline for Thursday May 6.

"I say they are lying. And the proof I have waited for appeared in Barron?s this past weekend. China has been buying U.S. Treasuries to fund a portion of our debt. That alone kept the Treasury from blowing the whistle on them and their big American CEO friends, who have shipped three million jobs to China and falsely called it productivity increases. (The ISM does not ask members where new orders are being produced.) But guess what: American banks have stripped their loan portfolio dry, cutting back every category except purchase of Government securities, which rose a shocking $15.7 billion. Over at the Fed, foreign holdings of U.S. Treasuries (which had been rising by $6 billion a week for a year actually fell by $1.86 billion). And Fed credit, which had only increased by $23 billion in the previous 51 weeks, jumped an astounding $5.7 billion in one week. In addition, the Fed bought outright $753 million worth of Treasury securities...

SO BRACE YOURSELF...

You are seeing the first bales of money dropping from Bernanke?s helicopters. Before they are done, true inflation will be up to 8%, although the government will claim it is either 5% or 6%. And everyone in the financial media, especially the Wall Street Journal and Investor?s Business Daily, will brag about how modest and benign inflation is."

(note to Doc - Van Eck explicitly waives copyright for this particular warning, I'd like to post it in full, but am mindful of recent admonitions to the contrary)

If the publisher has waived the copyright, then there is no problem. Mauldin and Daily Reckoning, among others, grant blanket reposting rights as long as you include a link to their page. My admonitions are directed toward those who do not grant permission. When an article says copyright, all rights reserved, when we repost that, it's a copyright infringement. If someone grants us specific, or general permission to repost, then there is no infringement. When uncertain, it is always safe to post a snippet, and a link to the source, under the fair use doctrine.

dear Howl:

your idea and suggestion to watch gold in euros is most excellent.

jickiss just went to stockcharts and did $GOLD:$XEU

this shows that the 'price' is higher than price at the last low,

whilst the MACD (5-40-11, daily chart basis) is at a lower relative level.

jickiss thinks this "Could Be" a sign that the selling could end very quickly, or, on a ratio basis, it means that the higher numbers you mentioned are "more likely."

jickiss wants to go on record as stating that gold will finally reveal its next major move next week...that is

jickiss thinks that the gold price trend will reverse, and start moving up, big time, on one of the next five trading days; namely, May 10, 11, 12, 13 or 14 of 2004.

regards, jickiss

ps the very idea that gold will drop as risks increase is silly.

gold will begin its next major advance when it becomes clear that somehow, somewhere, somebody major, or in a key Matrix position, is not going to get paid back......since the OC bankruptcy, since LTCM, since the collapse of the phoney internets, ENE, etc, etc,

it seems that somehow, everybody major has skated through the fires un-burned.

how possible???? simple. Marky Mark has explained it 1,000 times plus.

Low rates and spread trade money have papered over the planet.

but when that paper starts to burn, only The Metal will emerge from the fire,

and the only business anybody will dream of owning will be a gold mine.

Archived