B4 the Bell, Tuezleday 5404

Guest yobob1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw a clip of a speech the Idiot Prince gave today he said "because of what we did-the torture chambers in Iraq no long exist" I guess Shrub it depends on ones point of view! To let him say THAT today his advisers must be dumber than a sack full of Hammers! :huh: :o

Some excerpts from last night's Newshour and Charlie Rose: From cover story in New Yorker, Torture and humiliation now institutionalized in all US army prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan; all Afghan and Iraqi prisons are run as intelligence gathering sources. 60% of all Iraqi prisoners are innocent civilians rounded up on sweeps ; there is no distinction made in prisons between foreign fighters and civilians - all are treated as possible terrorists. An Egytian diplomat stated that if there are women in those prisons, there will be no redemption for Americans in the Arab world. The producer of 60 minutesII then chimed in that there was an entire wing for women and children. Ten days ago an attack on the prison aimed at killing the prisoners was executed because there were reports that women were being raped and tortured. Iraqis thought they would be better off dead. A Saudi then added that it had already gone too far and the US would never be forgiven and would lose support of all allies in the Arab world.

Arabs want justice for Iraq abuses

Rights group calls for un probe, international tribunal

Compiled by Daily Star staff

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Anger and indignation rippled across Arab capitals Tuesday amid calls for US soldiers suspected of having taken part in humiliating abuse of Iraqi prisoners to be tried by an international tribunal.

Egypt's opposition daily Al-Wafd splashed four pictures on its front page showing what it said were Iraqi women being raped by soldiers.

"The democracy of the American empire of evil and prostitution: mass rapes by US occupation soldiers of Iraqi women under the threat of arms," Al-Wafd said in a banner headline.

The Egyptian Organization of Human Rights (EOHR) joined the fray, slamming the United States and calling for a UN probe and the establishment of an international tribunal to try those responsible.

These reports "are a shock for human rights activists because we thought that such torture was limited to the Third World," EOHR secretary-general Hafez Abu Saada said.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?ed...article_id=3270

The Doors/ Roadhouse blues. B)

Ah Keep your eyes on the road,

Your hands upon the wheel.

Keep your eyes on the road

Your hands upon the wheel.

Yeah, we're going to the roadhouse,

Gonna have a real good-time.

Yeah, the back of the roadhouse,

They've got some bungalows.

Yeah, the back of the roadhouse,

They've got some bungalows.

They dance for the people

Who like to go down slow.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, all night long.

Do it, Robby, Do it!

You gotta roll, roll, roll,

You gotta thrill my soul, alright.

Roll, roll, roll, roll-a

Thrill my soul.

Ashen-Lady.

Ashen-Lady.

Give up your vows.

Give up your vows.

Save our city.

Save our city.

Ah, right now.

Well, I woke up this morning

And I got myself a beer.

Well, I woke up this morning

And I got myself a beer.

The future's uncertain

And the end is always near.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, all night long.

Interesting Stain- In that vein on our National Newscast was an interview with the Canadian Lawyer for a Canadian of Iraqui descent who returned to Iraq to start a business- 3 months ago Machmoud was arrested on a street corner and imprisoned and accused of being a speech writer for Saadam. He said no you have my Passport I am Canadian. He was punched repeatedly in the mouth breaking his teeth and Kneed at least 30 times in the groin by his interogator a 105 pound female Sargeant. His wife in Canada called our Foreign Affairs Department when he went missing and 3 days later he was released to our people, taken to Hospital in Egypt and then flown home. He is sueing the U.S. Government for plenty $. The Female Sargeant has since been dishonorably discharged but NOT court martialed. Being good Allies we covered it up until his lawyer broke the story today. His Lawyer says he witnessed many other prisoners being tortured as well which will now come out into the public WTF has Shrub done with your Army-has he turned them all into Physcopaths!

Archived