B4 the Bell, Tuezleday 5404

Guest yobob1

Don't know how many of you saw Bill Gross of Pimco on Crapvision as the Feds stance was released. Now I'm sure you know Pimco is the biggest Bond and note Baby of them all. I have always liked Bill Gross because he is a straight shooter. When the stance was announced he blew a fuse and angrily looked right into the camera and said-"everyone out there better sell Treasuries because that is what I am going to do as soon as I get out of here." At that point the Dow was going straight up and 2 minutes later straight down as a lot of players took Bills advice and sold Treasuries. He said Greenspan was nuts for not raising rates and playing with fire. ;)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume that the publisher has granted blanket permission for reposting. Otherwise, copyrighted material should not be reposted in full. A snippet, and a link to the source page will suffice. Anything more is a copyright infringement.

Capitalstool.com respects the copyrights of other publishers.

I do request that links to promotional material for third party services not be posted.

Tanks.

The bushman needs job growth now that he's losing the war.

Correction: has lost the war.

After the recent incidents, there is no hope of any US sponsored government having legitimacy in Iraq.

and the sad thing is, it looks like it was all just part of "the plan"

Don't look like the bulls have much to be excited about here.

NYSE AMEX Nasdaq Bulletin Board

Advancing Issues 1,903 540 1,867 691

Declining Issues 1,399 332 1,284 749

Unchanged Issues 162 78 139 407

Total Issues 3,464 950 3,290 1,847

New Highs 63 13 56 33

New Lows 127 25 48 34

Up Volume 1,033,908,416 303,094,464 1,225,482,880 799,801,216

Down Volume 604,886,656 65,045,520 578,154,176 1,034,699,008

Unchanged Volume 29,069,900 6,019,900 62,026,524 105,973,824

Total Volume 1,662,228,608 374,159,904 1,865,663,488 1,940,474,112

The bushman needs job growth now that he's losing the war.

Correction: has lost the war.

After the recent incidents, there is no hope of any US sponsored government having legitimacy in Iraq.

and the sad thing is, it looks like it was all just part of "the plan"

They planned to lose the war? I don't think so...

Rumsfeld is going to be fired. They've had this information on the prisoner abuse since January and the Armed Services committee is PISSED that they only learned of it in the news. He is finished.

McCain is spitting nails.

Today was also expected.

End - while you're expecting these 40 point nazzy intraday roundtrips, how about tipping some a yer buds off up front, eh? :o tanks bro :wink2:

I am not talking about the extreme volotility I am talking about moving to the mid 1120's. I typed that yesterday. See for yourself. :rolleyes:

mjkst27 Posted: May 4 2004, 06:03 PM

End - while you're expecting these 40 point nazzy intraday roundtrips, how about tipping some a yer buds off up front, eh? tanks bro

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I read him right the past couple of nights, thats what he has been saying.

The end Posted on: May 3 2004, 04:02 PM

Added to shorts today at the early high. This was expected, if you recall. There still might be a bit left in the tank. Should we get into the mid 1120's I will sell my calls and go 100% short (with stops).

Two stocks that are on the list are A and XMSR. Not short either yet

The end Posted on: May 2 2004, 04:04 AM

My thoughts, looking over the options market, are hovering over the Sept. 1100-1125 put options should we get near 1125 again.

The end Posted on: May 1 2004, 02:39 PM

Back to the market. Notice how every time we are at the edge of the cliff they bring it back? Well yesterday, I should say , the day before yesterday, we where there. What happened in the last few moments of Fridays trading leads me to believe that the jig is up on da bulls. Sometime next week we should see some major move to the downside.

It may also be a ST bottom that lasts for a couple of weeks before a bigger decline. Keep your mind open.

The end Posted on: Apr 30 2004, 04:45 PM

QUOTE (brian4 @ Apr 30 2004, 04:40 PM)

Well TE-the Pig is finally dying today was great, even better was the collapse in the last 6 minutes there wasn't a buyer on the board. No bounce just down hard-lots more to come!

I bought more puts at the high. 1119 was close enough to 1120. However, I did sell those at 1108. I expect the market to collapse on Monday or waffle around until Fed speake on Tuesday and than fall apart. Again, if we rally into the 1120-1130 area I will short more. Still have June's (i won't let them go).

:)

Here is something plain vanilla. I would agree with those that see higher numbers by the end of next week. In the range of the mid 1130's on the spx and the 1450's on the NDX. From there I will be 100% short in June and maybe some Sept puts. Right now net short and holding. I do not post during the day. You guys have the wisdom of Brian for that. He is damn good ain't he.

Colin Powell on Larry King Live for one hour tonight at 9:00.

I'm guessing he puts some distance between himself and Rumsfeld.

This should be a good one.

6:15pm 05/04/04

Microsoft's Gates sells 1.5 mln company shares (MSFT) By Rex Crum

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- According to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Microsoft (MSFT) Chairman Bill Gates on April 30 sold 1.5 million shares of company stock valued at $39.7 million, for an average share price of $26.48. The sales left the Microsoft founder with 1.13 billion shares of company stock

Reuters is running a story that as many as 25 Prisoners may have been murdered. They detail one case where a Trooper killed a prisoner with a large rock- The trooper was busted to Private and dishonorably discharged. Naughty Boy we can't have that-What a Fook-up!

Tanks sled. :rolleyes:

May I suggest that those of us that talk about where the market is going look back at their posts, as I do, and learn from them. BB taught me that. It is a great way of correcting our mistakes. Study why you typed this or that and why it happened or didn't.

Archived