Really weak-end thread Aprl 30th- May2nd

An article in todays "National Post" entitled- "Handover not a Retreat from Fallujah"-The article states unequivalently that the deal to hand it over to Iraqui General Saleh came from Shrub. Panic?- you bet- listen to thse two quotes from the story "General Saleh told a cheering throng people in Fallujah rejected U.S. Troops." Brigadier General Kimmitt on General Saleh-"I have little knowledge of the Generals background but he has been initially vetted." Translation-Hey, You -you were a General now you Command Fallujah. The article goes on to say Salehs force may include some of the insurgents. The Marines are quoted at length about how they feel betrayed. Corporal Elias Chavez age 28-"the deployment was a waste of time, of resources, and of lives. We had them cornered, they couldn't go anywhere. We had a chance to get them. Now they can flee wherever they want, and we are still going to have to deal with them." This article certainly supports the earlier one posted by Purdy. What a screw up, what a sad joke!

Ya like buddy saw them corrnered...The only way to have won that situation would have been to holocaust the city off the face of the Earth...

The whole Iraq operation was FUBAR before it left the drawing board...

Unless this is what they wanted...

The Iraqi's have reached the limit of seeing their women and children getting plinked like gophers...

There is no excuse...But But But...I can't stand looking at that crap or listening to American generals or the rest of the Rambos trying to spin out of their own depraved retardation...

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An article in todays "National Post" entitled- "Handover not a Retreat from Fallujah"-The article states unequivalently that the deal to hand it over to Iraqui General Saleh came from Shrub.

when non-professionals start making military decsions horrible things usually happen, Hitler was the excepsion for a short time, more because his targets were weak and he almost couldn't make a mistake. Later, he too proved that politcians make terrible generals by making stupid decision after stupid decision.

Buffett expecting the US $ peso to get smoked:

---------------

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said he increased his bet against the U.S. dollar on concern that the country's trade deficit will weaken the currency.

"We think that over time that the dollar is likely to decline in value against some of the major currencies,'' said Buffett, 73, in an interview before Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s annual shareholder meeting in Omaha, Nebraska. In the last few months, Berkshire has added "more than a little bit'' to its foreign currency holdings, he said. They were last disclosed at $12 billion as of yearend.

Foreign currencies represent Buffett's biggest purchase in the last two years. The Berkshire chairman has built a fortune buying undervalued assets and today sees little opportunity in stocks. He bought currencies as the dollar began a 25 percent slump over 24 months and the U.S. current- account deficit ballooned to a record quarterly average of $137.7 billion in the first nine months of 2003.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...mS4A&refer=home

TE,

If you enjoyed the IGT short, this next one is for you.

ERTS ... it has a lot of air under it ... and a long way to fall.

Trade safe !

I would never have shorted IGT but it fell. I will watch in amazement should ERTS fall as well. Why not short EBAY.

I will always give you flack about shorting strong stocks. Sorry.

I was impressed with the IGT call though. Know that.

Peace Brotha.

TE

link TE-I think the volume comes Monday with no bounce until the 5th. Merriman interestingly see's a decline to the 5th a bounce to the 17th and then a multi-year decline-Yikes-that IS the wave 3 scenario. :o

B4,

I agree. I believe that Monday will be very telling for the bears.

The market internals are very sick indeed.

This market is ready to shave 30% in a 1987ish decline ... perhaps only days away.

Good on ya for your outstanding calls this past week.

BDK should have heeded your warnings!

TE,

If you enjoyed the IGT short, this next one is for you.

ERTS ... it has a lot of air under it ... and a long way to fall.

Trade safe !

I would never have shorted IGT but it fell. I will watch in amazement should ERTS fall as well. Why not short EBAY.

I will always give you flack about shorting strong stocks. Sorry.

I was impressed with the IGT call though. Know that.

Peace Brotha.

TE

Tanks TE !

Just tryin' to help out the B4 the Bell bear cause.

:rolleyes:

Big D may have something going on ERTS-it is a Vancouver based Company and yesterday their CEO was on the front page of the Vancouver Sun in a annual survey of Ceo's in B.C. he was the highest paid raking in a total of $24 Million for the year. The guy is a 30 something techie-to say he was overpaid is to understate the case! ;)

Financial Markets Forecast and Analysis

by Robert McHugh

"The Dow Jones Industrial Average truncated its Elliott Wave "c of 2 Up" pattern, falling short of the .786 retracement target (10,593) that the Transports hit, and fell 247.27 points to close the week at 10,225.57. This decline dropped below the key 10,250 support level on a closing basis and therefore confirms that the expected deep decline Wave 3 is now underway. We do not know if this is the start of the expected crash, or whether that event awaits another day. However, the technical landscape is conducive to a substantial decline at any time - perhaps one that could be defined as a crash. No guarantees of course as there is the Plunge Protection Team and the M-3 spigot on ready call to delay or mitigate the damage. Our job in this newsletter is to alert you to probabilities. Probabilities are not certainties.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-1507.htm

Archived