B4 The Bell, Pre-Weekend April 30

Sign of the times? We were asked to bid on a project, we submitted our bid with both pay rates and bill rates per the rfp. Met with the potential client yd, he claimed our margins were extremely competitive ( I think the most competetive) yet our pay rates to the employees were too high. Granted this is basic office/clerical, but there is pressure on wages.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ CBOE Index Put-Call Ratio 124.1% Vs 213.3%

100 & 500 Index Options

As of Noon As of 5 PM

Friday Thursday

Call Volume 55,260 133,169

Put Volume 68,619 284,011

Put-Call Ratio 124.1% 213.3%

-v-

CBOE Equity Options

Call Volume 344,294 664,197

Put Volume 197,681 513,577

Put-Call Ratio 57.4% 77.3%

Dow Jones Newswires

(CBS/AP) A major owner of U.S. television stations has ordered its eight ABC affiliates to drop a "Nightline" broadcast in which the name of every American soldier killed in Iraq will be read aloud.

Sinclair, a Hunt Valley, Md.-based media company whose holdings include 62 TV stations, said the "Nightline" program "appears to be motivated by a political agenda designed to undermine the efforts of the United States in Iraq."

The company called the broadcast a political statement "disguised as news content," saying that the program omits "the names of thousands of private citizens killed in terrorist attacks" since Sept. 11.

ABC said its news division had reported "hundreds of stories on 9-11" while noting that, on the first anniversary of that tragedy, it aired the victims' names.

Friday's "Nightline" broadcast "simply seeks to honor those who have laid down their lives for this country," ABC said.

During the broadcast, anchorman Ted Koppel will read aloud the name of a U.S. service man or woman killed in the Iraq war, as a corresponding photo appears on the screen along with that person's name, military branch, rank and age.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/30/...ain614916.shtml

The market has already virtually crashed...don't you just wonder who is buying all of these shares...and with whose money?

This market is terminal and the only buyer is your governnment.

Zen-Good for Ted Koppel-sounds like respect to me..I bet I can guess who "Sinclair" supports.

I think that as more and more media outlets fall into the hands of fewer and fewer owners---we will see more of this type of political censorship.

Archived